A New Era: Zimmer and Spielman both fired on Black Monday

vike daddy

Just now, vikesfan89 said:

I feel like Zimmer that was more how Zimmer was early on. It just seems like every time we switch coaches we go for the opposite personality 

I think it's how Zimmer was with some players, but him not playing rookies/young players until he basically has no choice kind of shows that those relationships may be lacking.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

This is my favorite GM candidate (and falls into the rising star/off the beaten path/non-recycled name)

Cleveland Browns vice president of football operations Kwesi Adofo-Mensah

Kwesi Adofo-Mensah is currently the vice president of football operations with the Cleveland Browns. Prior to serving in this role, he was with the San Francisco 49ers as their director of football research and development. He also spent time with the team as their manager for research and development. While in San Francisco, Adofo-Mensah worked to implement analytical methods for in-game strategy and player evaluation.

Before his football career, Adofo-Mensah was a derivatives trader with Credit Suisse, trading energy commodities. He graduated from Princeton with a Bachelor’s degree in economics, and obtained a Master’s degree in economic from Stanford.

(young, good experience, educated, street smarts, non-football business experience, leadership, analytics on in-game strategy screams should lead to positive in-game management, which is vital and something he’d expect/insill in his future HC)

Supposedly, Kwesi Adofo-Mensah is on the initial short list of Four GM candidates the Vikings are interested in speaking too. 

3 others : Brandon Brown, Ed Doods, Will McClay

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

This is my favorite GM candidate (and falls into the rising star/off the beaten path/non-recycled name)

Cleveland Browns vice president of football operations Kwesi Adofo-Mensah

Kwesi Adofo-Mensah is currently the vice president of football operations with the Cleveland Browns. Prior to serving in this role, he was with the San Francisco 49ers as their director of football research and development. He also spent time with the team as their manager for research and development. While in San Francisco, Adofo-Mensah worked to implement analytical methods for in-game strategy and player evaluation.

Before his football career, Adofo-Mensah was a derivatives trader with Credit Suisse, trading energy commodities. He graduated from Princeton with a Bachelor’s degree in economics, and obtained a Master’s degree in economic from Stanford.

(young, good experience, educated, street smarts, non-football business experience, leadership, analytics on in-game strategy screams should lead to positive in-game management, which is vital and something he’d expect/insill in his future HC)

Wow, I'm all about it! Sounds like a great candidate. 

27 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

Supposedly, Kwesi Adofo-Mensah is on the initial short list of Four GM candidates the Vikings are interested in speaking too. 

3 others : Brandon Brown, Ed Doods, Will McClay

Seems like a good list with as little add I know

It is a pretty good list.  I do like Brandon Brown...my guess is that they wish to speak to Pederson about him maybe a little bit.  Of course, he comes from more of the scouting background (similar to Spielman) than the business side like Kwesi, but they both should be on the list.

6 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I think kellen Moore might be my first choice but I'm warming to the idea of Pederson. How often do super bowl winning head coaches become available? 

I'd pass though if he wants full control over the roster

Both of those names became more intriguing to me based on the reports out.  Moore expressed interest in us; Pederson possibly willing to wait for the GM hire.

I've been touting a Pederson/Fangio pairing; very unlikely you would have any schematic change on either side of the ball during their tenure together.  Fangio is likely too old to get another head coaching gig, and Pederson will bring his scheme, and continuity stays if one of his assistants gets hired.

For me, that's why I'm big on an offensive head coach.  Continuity of scheme from year to year when assistants get hired away (Shurmur, Stefanski, et al).  It's more important to an offense than a defense IMO.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

HC: Doug Pederson
OC: John DeFilippo
QB: Andrew Janocko
OL: Aaron Kromer -or- Phil Rauscher (given O'Neill's comments)
WR: Keenan McCardell
RB: Kennedy Polamalu - or - Anthony Lynn (love him as a leader of men)

31 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

If Pederson is the hire, does he bring back DeFilippo? 

Based some of the stories about Zimmer the past couple of days, it certainly doesn’t seem like DeFilippo got a fair shake. 

Idk man, ole Filippo wasn’t even passing the set up the run. It felt like we were a college football team down by 35 to start the second half at some points.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

HC: Doug Pederson
OC: John DeFilippo
QB: Andrew Janocko
OL: Aaron Kromer
WR: Keenan McCardell
RB: Kennedy Polamalu

Absolutely not. If there is any scenario where DeFilippo comes back, then this team is fine with mediocrity. Plus, there's almost no way we keep 3 coaches. The only one I'd care to have back is McCardell. Just look at what he has done with Osborn, and ISM has shown a lot of potential. Not to mention Jefferson becoming a top 3 receiver. 

I'm fine with Janocko staying, but I just see him following Klint if he gets a job, or even hopping on the back of Dennison if he moves on somewhere. 

He has slowly been working up through the ranks at a decent rate, but also if Kellen wasn't ready to play this year, some of that has to be put on him.