A New Era: Zimmer and Spielman both fired on Black Monday

vike daddy

20 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Paul Allen really throwing Rob Bryz as GM, says he “knows” he’d be interested, now doubling back saying he’s not sure if he was interested. 

take it for what it’s worth.

He theoretically was in charge during the Tice era, so maybe now that he's a lot more "learned" than he was back then, he'd do a better job.  But, I don't think this will be a case of the guy leading the search naming himself as the best fit for it...like we've seen in some instances.

5 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Kevin O'Connell perhaps?

That's certainly a possibility and one I've mentioned before.  People seem to like McVay's guys a lot.  And it helps that O'Connell was Brady's backup in NE for a little while.

But, I still think the GM that's hired will likely tell us a lot about who the coach will be. If it does become an internal hire, I would have to think that Jamaal Stephenson would be the guy because diversity has always been important to the Wilfs and the players.    

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Kevin O'Connell perhaps?

Maybe.. He is a part of the McVay coaching tree, which definitely interests me. My only issue is that he doesn't call plays, and thats a big red flag for me. However, it seems like Zac Taylor is starting to do just fine and he never called plays either, while coming from the McVay tree. I don't think I would totally hate him, but I just don't know a lot about him to want him or not want him.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, swede700 said:

He theoretically was in charge during the Tice era, so maybe now that he's a lot more "learned" than he was back then, he'd do a better job.  But, I don't think this will be a case of the guy leading the search naming himself as the best fit for it...like we've seen in some instances.

The Office S09E22/23

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

If we are set to interview him, it makes me think we might keep the GM job in house.

If the GM job is not in-house, I'd just imagine they'd want the new GM to meet with him as well once he's hired to see if they'd click. I also would imagine that they'd want some input from Pederson on what types of GMs he thinks he'd work well with, so maybe that would open up the discussion on other GM options.  It could be about just gathering more information in addition to finding out about him personally.