A New Era: Zimmer and Spielman both fired on Black Monday

vike daddy

19 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

i'm voting on the latter. Jamaal, perhaps?

2 minutes ago, marshpit23 said:

Jamaal Stephenson, perhaps? 

He’s probably the top candidate, although I’m not sure I’d be thrilled about it. Aside from the idea that it’s just a continuation of what they’ve already had, Stephenson has been nothing but a college scout. That’s a lot of other aspects that would be brand new to him. 

52 minutes ago, AP_allday2869 said:

Moore is my favorite candidate. I really hope we are able to snag him up.

I like Moore, too. I’m a little skittish about his age, but if he’s the next young football genius, I hope we get him. 

Edited by marshpit23
Change preposition

Yes, he would be the favorite if they decide to go the internal route.  He's a diverse candidate and Paton really wanted to bring him along as his assistant GM last year.  The only question to me is then whether he would be planning to move to Minnesota...since I think he still lives in the DC area.  

1 minute ago, swede700 said:

Yes, he would be the favorite if they decide to go the internal route.  He's a diverse candidate and Paton really wanted to bring him along as his assistant GM last year.  The only question to me is then whether he would be planning to move to Minnesota...since I think he still lives in the DC area.  

That’s an interesting point. Florio mentioned that he thinks the Wilfs should be more present in the facility. I wonder if they don’t make more of an effort to be around more.

3 hours ago, vike daddy said:

and how do we feel about that...?

giphy.gif?cid=790b761125f7df6a3bdc1e3b0f

I do not hate the guy but there are more experienced dudes out there, but if all one wants is the apparently up and coming new young offensive coach then whatever.

Let us all pretend the reason the Cardinals are good is Kingsbury, the Bengals are good because of Zac Taylor, or the Packers are good because of LaFluer...They are good because of the freaking QB on the damn roster and the pieces around them, kind of like saying Klint Kubiak is an amazing offensive coordinator.  No he just has Dalvin Cook at RB and Justin Jefferson/Thielen at WR, sure the offense should be good in that situation regardless of who is calling the plays.

But yeah insert failed NFL QB or backup QB as the OC in the NFL.... Jason Garret, Byron Leftwich, Dave Ragone, Kellen Moore, Darrell Bevell, Alex Van Pelt, Kliff Kingsbury, Kevin O'Connell etc.

9 hours ago, RpMc said:

A thought I’ve been having, so I want to ask, IF we have any pro-Bieniemy people here. 

how are his background/credentials different than Brad Childress?

Bieniemy actually played football, Childress did not...

Bieniemy had prior experience and communications with the Viking organization, media, and fanbase....

This is my favorite GM candidate (and falls into the rising star/off the beaten path/non-recycled name)

Cleveland Browns vice president of football operations Kwesi Adofo-Mensah

Kwesi Adofo-Mensah is currently the vice president of football operations with the Cleveland Browns. Prior to serving in this role, he was with the San Francisco 49ers as their director of football research and development. He also spent time with the team as their manager for research and development. While in San Francisco, Adofo-Mensah worked to implement analytical methods for in-game strategy and player evaluation.

Before his football career, Adofo-Mensah was a derivatives trader with Credit Suisse, trading energy commodities. He graduated from Princeton with a Bachelor’s degree in economics, and obtained a Master’s degree in economic from Stanford.

(young, good experience, educated, street smarts, non-football business experience, leadership, analytics on in-game strategy screams should lead to positive in-game management, which is vital and something he’d expect/insill in his future HC)

Edited by CriminalMind
  • Like 1