A New Era: Zimmer and Spielman both fired on Black Monday

vike daddy

16 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

How involved is he in the draft?  He intrigues me

From what I heard on the radio (I can't remember who the interview was on KFAN), Poles was tasked with improving the Chiefs offensive line (given that's his background - BC Oline player), and largely credited with their overhaul (particularly free agents/trades in Thuney, Blythe, Brown Jr.

13 minutes ago, RpMc said:

From what I heard on the radio (I can't remember who the interview was on KFAN), Poles was tasked with improving the Chiefs offensive line (given that's his background - BC Oline player), and largely credited with their overhaul (particularly free agents/trades in Thuney, Blythe, Brown Jr.

I'm sold

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Apparently, his interview was really good with us. I'm all for Poles. The Chiefs have done an excellent job building their roster and have been aggressive in drafts and trades to fix obvious weaknesses. Take a look a at how they went all-in on their offensive line this last offseason, for example. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

Here's an interview with Poles from last year I think

Sometimes these 2nd interviews are to push getting into other teams to try and hire someone before they get a chance so they can keep someone else they want away from the other team.
Maybe not so much with GM process, but I remember a couple years ago this was talked about with the Head Coaching position. 

I thought Dodds would have been the top candidate for the Vikings. A little disappointed that they didn’t even request an interview. 

But from the candidates they have been interviewing, it’s very obvious that they are trying a completely different method/approach. And I’m happy to see that.