A New Era: Zimmer and Spielman both fired on Black Monday

vike daddy

17 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I am trying very hard not to get attached to certain candidates. Very hard. 

It’s really not hard at all. They are all so underwhelming. The only one I’d pound the table for is Doug Pederson. I’m intrigued by Nathanial Hackett and Raheem Morris. There is just such an over obsession In finding the next 32 year old head coach, we’re going to see a lot of undeserving candidates hired who don’t last long in the job, especially with some of these GM candidates.

Edited by vikingsrule
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, AP_allday2869 said:

Apparently, his interview was really good with us. I'm all for Poles. The Chiefs have done an excellent job building their roster and have been aggressive in drafts and trades to fix obvious weaknesses. Take a look a at how they went all-in on their offensive line this last offseason, for example. 

Poles seems like a solid option. 

3 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

that's just, your opinion, man.

I don't agree with this. I think there are plenty of impressive coaches that the Vikings have chosen to interview.

Unknown or reaching is the word id use. But yes. It’s just my opinion. I’m impressed with Pederson offensive background and ability to win (his Philly teams played with a ton of grit, we got that early on with Zimmer) and Morris’s personality and just how he carries himself. Both would be great hires.

Dan Quinn is such an underwhelming hire. Same with all the other 32 year olds who have any bit of experience with Sean McVay. Again, just seems like it’s reaching. I’m so glad they passed on Kellen Moore. Wanted nothing to do with him, same goes for Leftwich and Bieniemy.

Edited by vikingsrule