2022 Wildcard Play-off's Steelers vs. Chiefs

Steeler Hitman

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

Get paid $10+ mil a year knowing even at average you will never be fired?

That just goes back to my first comment. Why would Rooney pay that much for a guy he overrides? 

And for Tomlin, why would he stay and lose power when he could go anywhere? Look at the Lincoln Riley 10 year deal. Tomlin could get that in a heartbeat. 

No matter what, production is still king. If Tomlin goes 2-15 the next two years, in year three there WILL be a new coach. So why would Tomlin, who could name his price and situation, allow someone else to make the decisions on his staff that ultimately lead to the production he will be judge on? 

That stuff doesn’t make sense. It’s just more likely that Tomlin makes the coaching decisions, with the guy who writes the checks blessing…which would be the most normal business thing there is. If Rooney doesn’t like a guy, he isn’t going to pay him. Same thing if he feels someone isn’t pulling their weight, that he doesn’t want to pay them either. It would just be odd for an owner to have to come out and tell the football coach that his staff member isn’t so good at football. 

13 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

That just goes back to my first comment. Why would Rooney pay that much for a guy he overrides? 

And for Tomlin, why would he stay and lose power when he could go anywhere? Look at the Lincoln Riley 10 year deal. Tomlin could get that in a heartbeat. 

No matter what, production is still king. If Tomlin goes 2-15 the next two years, in year three there WILL be a new coach. So why would Tomlin, who could name his price and situation, allow someone else to make the decisions on his staff that ultimately lead to the production he will be judge on? 

That stuff doesn’t make sense. It’s just more likely that Tomlin makes the coaching decisions, with the guy who writes the checks blessing…which would be the most normal business thing there is. If Rooney doesn’t like a guy, he isn’t going to pay him. Same thing if he feels someone isn’t pulling their weight, that he doesn’t want to pay them either. It would just be odd for an owner to have to come out and tell the football coach that his staff member isn’t so good at football. 

For me, if it is DanR. being involved in the team activities I mind less as he was in the football operations his entire life.  AR2 has not.  Never a scout.  He has served as General Council to them Steelers.  Never on the operations side.  I have zero trust in AR2's football operations judgement.

• Like 1