2022 Wildcard Play-off's Steelers vs. Chiefs

Steeler Hitman

The Pittsburgh Steelers are in the....

Jim_Mora_large.jpg

Are you kidding me? These Steelers?! Bad run defense, horrible OL, and an AARP QB? 

tomlin-mike-07222015-us-news-getty-ftr_1

Yes! Those Steelers!

Steelers visit the Chiefs at Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City on Sunday 01/16/2022 at 8:15 p.m. "In Prime Time!" Everyone is 0-0!

USATSI_13990978_168386999_lowres.jpg

I can't wait!!!! 

runfdp8008x01.jpg

The rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated! I just keep winning games late! 

jackson1.jpg?w=1112

Me enjoying the ride, but knowing that it will with all probably end this Sunday!

maxresdefault.jpg

Hopefully we go out with a bang! "Say we lose again! I dare you. I double dare you Mother &*^%!"

1792731637c9d7e0f21fb94b9f3fafef.jpg

We may be a little bloodied and bruised after this game.

336553e39c421c8b8d39315cbc856135.jpg

Coach T and Mr. Colbert planning for the off season! 

I am happy for an extra weekend of Steelers football, but sad at losing some draft positioning for making the play-offs.

r953595_1296x729_16-9.jpg

I am already dreaming!!!

Ray-Leonard.jpg

Chiefs have too much offense for the Steelers who valiantly give their best going down punching 30 - 24. 

download-32.jpeg

Looks like #22 and company will help the Steelers get back up punching in 2022!

• Like 1

ted-lasso-tedlassogifs.gif

I wish I had more faith in our coaching staff right now. We don't win this game by showing up and playing. Gotta muck it all up. Take wild swings. I don't think that is in Tomlin's wheelhouse and he buys far more into the standard is the standard stuff than it just being coach speak. 

I also don't believe Matt Canada has any capability if figuring out how to get playmakers the ball creatively. This is a 30 touch day for Najee, with 10 of them coming via the air. This would be getting DJ the ball in space. Nothing he has done to this point makes me think MC is capable of pulling it off. 

This would also be a wonderful time to break outta Tomlins doghouse. I don't particularly like Ant McFarland, but he also offers a wildly different skill set than our plod and plod-er backup RB's and could be used in creative ways that the Chief have not seen from us and won't be prepared for. 

Will we go no huddle/uptempo off the bat? Will a wide receiver throw a pass? Does Mason Rudolph come in the game for a series to stretch the field? Is 4th down just another opportunity to run a play?  Do we see any read-option with Ray-Ray as the QB? Do we go for 2 after the first score?

To win this game, the name of the game is chaos and change. 

giphy.gif?cid=790b761156afaaae4556c124d3

It's really, really, hard for me to see a path to victory here. The Steelers would have to make it into a low scoring dogfight, and that means I'd have to have faith in Mike Tomlin to come up with a masterful defensive gameplan. 

This game is going to be won or lost in the secondary. The Steelers need to be really effing creative on the backend and give the front 7/Watt and Heyward some time to make some plays. Hearing Mike Tomlin talk about all these subtle changes he'll make compared to last time, things that us stupid fans at home won't even notice, does not give me much confidence. That's the same **** he said before the team went out and let the Vikings run all over them. 

In 2005, the Steelers had **** Lebeau facing down the Colts offense for the second time. Now they have the dynamic duo of Keith Butler and Mike Tomlin. I aint putting no money on that with Matt Canada calling the shots for an offense pretty low on talent.

Steelers have a shot to win if they create turnovers, somehow manage to score 27 points or more, and limit KC's offense to FGs instead of TDs.

As usual, it is any given Sunday and anything can happen. However, it is highly unlikely we're going to see anything much different than last time, except maybe (hopefully) fewer TOs by the Steelers.

KC 34, Steelers 17.

My current mock draft:
1. Nakobe Dean ILB Georgia

2. Josh Jobe CB Alabama

3. Abraham Lucas OT Washington State

4. Neil Farrell Jr. NT LSU

5. Ty Fryfogle WR Indiana

6. Qwuantrezz Knight Safety UCLA

7b. Jermaine Waller, Virginia Tech

7b. Luke Fortner OG Kentucky

4 minutes ago, DR43 said:

My current mock draft:
1. Nakobe Dean ILB Georgia

2. Josh Jobe CB Alabama

3. Abraham Lucas OT Washington State

4. Neil Farrell Jr. NT LSU

5. Ty Fryfogle WR Indiana

6. Qwuantrezz Knight Safety UCLA

7b. Jermaine Waller, Virginia Tech

7b. Luke Fortner OG Kentucky

Not completely unrealistic, but Id hate this draft with a passion.

Not a single ILB I like in round 1 this year, and no OL until the 3rd and 7th rounds would be massive fails.

• Like 1

Ben presser today...ended on a note that reminded me of a line of his before they played the Colts in the '05 playoffs. He said they're the Colts and we're "just" the Pittsburgh Steelers. Today it was that they're double digit underdogs and don't stand a chance. 

But that aint 2005 Ben going onto the field, unfortunately.

Anybody see the Lions Packers game Sunday? Lions ran WR double option passes, went for it multiple times on 4th down, flea flickers, just pulled everything out of the playbook to go for the win. I feel that’s the way we need to play to have any kind of chance, but I’m sure we’ll get the same old Tomlin gameplan punting on 4 and 2, playing field position and hoping it somehow works this time, resulting in another KC blowout. 34-16 Chiefs.