Talent Acquisition and Separation

onejayhawk

4 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

In any event, I would not be looking to use #30 on Hill unless we were doing a major roster overhaul. 

What do you call losing Mathieu and replacing him with draftee. You said Mathieu is so important to the locker room. While i'll agree, I don't think you can exclude others from picking up the slack.

8 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

While I acknowledge that Hill the top of the three, I don't buy that the other two are that much lower. You showed Pitre as 4th round. 

The point is, Daxton Hill is a legit 1st. rd pick. The other 2 aren't. I'd like a 1st. rd. pick to replace Mathieu, not a weaker substitute.

8 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

What do you call losing Mathieu and replacing him with draftee. You said Mathieu is so important to the locker room. While i'll agree, I don't think you can exclude others from picking up the slack.

I don't expect to replace Mathieu with a draft pick. I expect others to pick up slack. 

5 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

The point is, Daxton Hill is a legit 1st. rd pick. The other 2 aren't. I'd like a 1st. rd. pick to replace Mathieu, not a weaker substitute.

I don't argue that Hill is not a legit 1st round pick. I argue that we have higher priorities from this draft. Once we have addressed those, we can and should think about our secodary.

3 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

Again, you miss the point. Thornhill is a legitimate Strong Safety. Mathieu was special and treated as such.

That's not his best use. There are maybe 5-6 legitimate sigle high safeties in the NFL. Thornhill is one of them.

To mix sports, he could be a Gold Glove LF but why not play him in CF where he belongs?

5 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

Again, you miss the point. Thornhill is a legitimate Strong Safety. Mathieu was special and treated as such.

Thornhill is absolutely not a SS in any conventional sense.

Granted, teams don't often use them like that anymore anyways. But he has almost exclusively been a deep safety for us, and any scouting report you find will reflect that. He was praised as a coverage safety for his speed, range, and instincts, and knocked for his angles and gaps in run support, and translating his size to actual tackling power. Hell, he used to be a corner.

16 minutes ago, EMAW_KSU said:

Should the Chiefs trade for Landry if they can work out an extension to lower his cap number?  I want our picks, but if we could work out the salary part, and give up similar to what the Browns did for Cooper I’d be down.

Hard pass on Landry.   He’s not close to what he used to be.    I’d want someone more adept to playing X or on the outside. 

I would entertain Danielle Hunter if we’re looking to trade for someone though. 

30 minutes ago, RedGold said:

Hard pass on Landry.

I would not go there. We could clearly use him to replace Neimann and take load off of Sorensen. The question is the cost.

30 minutes ago, RedGold said:

He’s not close to what he used to be.    I’d want someone more adept to playing X or on the outside. 

I would entertain Danielle Hunter if we’re looking to trade for someone though. 

With Hunter the issue is again cost. We have had success trading for third and fourth year players who are no longer in their team's long term plans, eg OB Jr, Hughes, and Reed last year alone. 

3 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

My bad. We were talking about Landon Collins. The names have a similarity.

J

Like potato and laundromat…lol.  If we get a WR via trade (again not my preference because I want to keep our picks) or FA that would really free us up to be aggressive on defense.

• Like 1