Talent Acquisition and Separation

onejayhawk

19 hours ago, EMAW_KSU said:

I fully expect us to make trades, I just don’t see value in trading up really for any player unless a true top positional guy falls like Sauce, one of the top DEs or similar.  I could absolutely see us trade back, I could even see it for a first rounder next year and some change though that’s always a risk.

If you really think Watson is that guy, you trade up for him

1 hour ago, Chiefer said:

If you really think Watson is that guy, you trade up for him

The question is, do they feel they’re going to have to? That’s where raking the tea leaves will be interesting.  The kids is still showing up all over the draft boards.  I’ll see him in round one, then mocked to us in round 3…

2 hours ago, EMAW_KSU said:

The question is, do they feel they’re going to have to? That’s where raking the tea leaves will be interesting.  The kids is still showing up all over the draft boards.  I’ll see him in round one, then mocked to us in round 3…

To jump the Packers they just might. They have an even more dire need at WR.

7 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

If we couldn't pay Tyreek, then we cannot pay Dweebo.

J

We could pay Tyreek, Deebo won’t get Tyreek money but will be up there.  Particularly if he is wantingto get away from the said army knife plays and be just a WR.  In that aspect, while dynamic, he’s not in Hill’s level.

11 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Speaking of, some smoke on the Chiefs wanting Deebo Samuel. Were linked to every “star WR” rn

Thoughts? Id like him, but im sure the price is steep.

Really don't see the need. We have Patrick Mahomes, how about let's get a defense that gives him the ball more and let him do his thing.

My $0.02.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Habbsawce said:

Really don't see the need. We have Patrick Mahomes, how about let's get a defense that gives him the ball more and let him do his thing.

My $0.02.

I tend to be off your mindset on this, Draft someone with the potential to be dynamic, maybe 2 since we don’t have many long term options at WR.  Spend some pics to improve the D, look to add an EDGE in FA while the youngsters learn the ways, and come out hammering.  See how this season unfolds.  Hit next off season with money and focus to get back on top, if we aren’t already there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Habbsawce said:

My $0.02.

Well we need a young elite WR for the future and Deebo is closer to a sure thing than a draft pick. 

you gotta have elite talent at receiver nowadays if you want to win championships, its 2022. Gone are the days of running games and defense carrying you through 

4 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Well we need a young elite WR for the future and Deebo is closer to a sure thing than a draft pick. 

you gotta have elite talent at receiver nowadays if you want to win championships, its 2022. Gone are the days of running games and defense carrying you through 

It would be nice, but we don't need a young elite WR. We have a young elite QB and an excellent OL. We can do quite well with a stable of good WR. I look at how they approached the OL, ie FA signings and value picks. 

What we need is pass rush. Bottom 10 in sacks will not cut it. 

Edited by onejayhawk
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

It would be nice, but we don't need a young elite WR. We have a young elite QB and an excellent OL. We can do quite well with a stable of good WR. I look at how they approached the OL, ie FA signings and value picks. 

What we need is pass rush. Bottom 10 in sacks will not cut it. 

The last three SB winners all had elite Receivers, its 2022, and the only receiving option we have on the books past 2023 is MVS.

11 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

The last three SB winners all had elite Receivers, its 2022, and the only receiving option we have on the books past 2023 is MVS.

The Bengals have one but they lost. The Rams didn't have a great receiver. Cooper Kupp had a monster season--almost as much as his best two seasons combined--but he's just better than average. Brady never did, except with Moss that one year and they didn't win. He had Welker, Edelman, Gronk, and a revolving door of RB and second tier WR. When thay beat us last year he had Evans--better than average but not great.

The only SB champion of the last three years with an elite WR was us. What all of them had were reliable receivers not elite recivers. 

23 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

The Bengals have one but they lost. The Rams didn't have a great receiver. Cooper Kupp had a monster season--almost as much as his best two seasons combined--but he's just better than average. Brady never did, except with Moss that one year and they didn't win. He had Welker, Edelman, Gronk, and a revolving door of RB and second tier WR. When thay beat us last year he had Evans--better than average but not great.

The only SB champion of the last three years with an elite WR was us. What all of them had were reliable receivers not elite recivers. 

You really dont think Kupp is Elite? Thats crazy talk and you know it, dude just won the triple crown for receivers. But hes just an average receiver riiiiiight. Anyways;

Chiefs: Hill/Kelce - 9ers:  Kittle

Buccs: Evans  - Chiefs: Hill/Kelce

Rams: Kupp/Odell - Bengals: Chase

Last 6 teams to go to the Super Bowl had an elite receivers to catch the football. Sorry but this aint 2001 and time aint going back to the good ol days. You need to evolve your mindset. Brady/Belicheck will never be repeated anyways so using them as examples for the future when theyre from a bygone era is just silly.

Its 2022, its a passing league, were gonna need more to compete now and intot he future. Especially in this stocked conference and in a world where teams skate by on the cap margin to fill their teams with elite name talent

Edited by Chiefer
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

The Rams didn't have a great receiver. Cooper Kupp had a monster season--almost as much as his best two seasons combined--but he's just better than average.

Dude...

22 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

thay beat us last year he had Evans--better than average but not great.

Dude...

Evans, Godwin, AB, Gronk, that team was stacked for a receiving core.