Talent Acquisition and Separation

onejayhawk

Just now, KC_Guy said:

why?

Say Carolina was calling for a Matt Corral, offered a 3rd/future first, do you bet on a higher pick next year?

Also Id love to do what the Iggles have been doing, keep that draft pick pipeline churning. More bites at the apple, etc.

total hypothetical, looks more like were trading up than out.

2 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Say Carolina was calling for a Matt Corral, offered a 3rd/future first, do you bet on a higher pick next year?

Also Id love to do what the Iggles have been doing, keep that draft pick pipeline churning. More bites at the apple, etc.

total hypothetical, looks more like were trading up than out.

Well, if Carolina would do that you could bet on a top 5 next year  ... intriguing .. 😉

25 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Would you guys trade one of our firsts this year for a first next year?

Like you and KC_Guy kind of said, it depends on the team. It also depends on who is still available. We're in a great spot for that trade if someone wants to try and jump the Lions. Although, I don't think the Lions go QB in the 1st this year.

4 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Like you and KC_Guy kind of said, it depends on the team. It also depends on who is still available. We're in a great spot for that trade if someone wants to try and jump the Lions. Although, I don't think the Lions go QB in the 1st this year.

I could see it at 32 to make sure they get their guy.  

3 minutes ago, EMAW_KSU said:

I could see it at 32 to make sure they get their guy.  

I don't think there is that guy though. I think they build the team around Goff this year to give him one more shot. They still have two 1sts next year to get their QB in what should be a much better QB class.

8 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

We drafted a CB and an Edge. That leaves WR as the only obvious need, and all of the immediate help is already gone. We can take whatever player has the most talent. 

J

I take Pickens or Watson. I prefer Pickens. Get me Pickens and Ojabo today and we'll have a really good draft.

Just now, Bullyball said:

I take Pickens or Watson. I prefer Pickens. Get me Pickens and Ojabo today and we'll have a really good draft.

I doubt we get Watson without trading up.  Pickens maybe. Ojabo is all about the medical. Without the injury he would be gone already, possibly to us at #30. I lean more to Cam Thomas or Boye Mafe as pure Edge or DeMarvin Leal as inside/outside.

Another route is to take Drake Jackson and  play him at Sam LB in the 4-3. In the nickel set, he's a 2-point stance DE.  

15 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

I doubt we get Watson without trading up.  Pickens maybe. Ojabo is all about the medical. Without the injury he would be gone already, possibly to us at #30. I lean more to Cam Thomas or Boye Mafe as pure Edge or DeMarvin Leal as inside/outside.

Another route is to take Drake Jackson and  play him at Sam LB in the 4-3. In the nickel set, he's a 2-point stance DE.  

The thing with Ojabo is the potential. If we can select him, he come back healthy and we develop him. We can be set at edge for 6-7 years with him and George.

I do believe we would need to trade up for Watson but I think Pickens is the better receiver; if he didn't get injured, he possibly would've been a first round receiver.

3 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Traded for Lonnie Johnson and just UFA tendered Melvin Ingram( how is that possible)

ive heard Ingram doesnt want to do TC, likely hes back by the start of the season if somebody else doesn’t sign him?

UFA Tag.. is very seldom used lol.   Basically just means that if Ingram is still unsigned late July, he can’t play for anyone besides KC.    It typically pisses players off, so teams don’t do it often.     I get it though,  if he doesn’t want to go TC and we are counting on him.. might as well make sure he can’t burn us 

3 minutes ago, RedGold said:

UFA Tag.. is very seldom used lol.   Basically just means that if Ingram is still unsigned late July, he can’t play for anyone besides KC.    It typically pisses players off, so teams don’t do it often.     I get it though,  if he doesn’t want to go TC and we are counting on him.. might as well make sure he can’t burn us 

Justin Houston got it from the Ravens, very odd. I think the number isnt bad for him

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chiefer said:

Traded for Lonnie Johnson and just UFA tendered Melvin Ingram( how is that possible)

ive heard Ingram doesnt want to do TC, likely hes back by the start of the season if somebody else doesn’t sign him?

I was surprised to see that we traded for a CB until I saw the compensation. He was traded for a conditional pick, not in 2023, but in 2024. Even if that was a keying error, a conditional 7th round pick is very cheap.

Lonnie Johnson was a 2nd round pick in 2019 and has started 19 games in three seasons. You will recall the blocked punt TD the Titans scored early in the 2019 playoff games. Johnson was the one who scored. However, he never settled into a role and the team spent their first two draft picks on a CB and a S. 

For us, if nothing else he has experience. Pencil him into Ward's side and see how things develop.

On Ingram, I aggree that this is *** for tat. If he can skip camp without paying something it's bad for morale.