2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

1 minute ago, Abe56 said:

Their is no DT worth a top 10 pick though

As for Maye, we knew his time was up here for awhile, but good luck in Nola

You might feel there’s no DT worth a top 10 pick but what we’re learning is that teams value guys differently than how fans and media might see them.

We all assumed Linebacker was a weak spot but the team thinks otherwise for example. 

I’m not saying we will go DT at 10 because I have zero clue but I wouldn’t be surprised with the trenches being the focal point of both Dougals(OL) and Saleh(DL) philosophies. It’s just something monitor until we get more information.

Glad JD didn't waste any more cap space on Marcus Maye. 

Crazy to think as an FSU fan I was pounding my firsts on the table for an explosive Offensive weapon #4 Dalvin Cook but yet we get stuck with the stiff who never once became an impactful game changer. 

Mike Maccagnan going Marcus Maye Safety 2nd round (after already drafting Jamal Adams 6th overall) and for us to watch Minnesota immediately capitalize on Dalvin Cook thereafter was an ugly sight to see. Thankfully we've got Michael Carter and this kid is already pretty special. 

To say the least I'm not disappointed in New Orleans paying Marcus Maye $9.5M per season; I'm just glad it's not us. 

JD gets a B+ for letting Mike Maccagnan's Marcus Maye walk and would've been an A+ if only he could've found a way to Jamal Adams/Sam Darnold, Marcus Maye.

47 minutes ago, KBS756 said:

whats the market for Robinson havent heard anything

I'd really appreciate an Allen Robinson FA WR upgrade.

It'll open up the 1st and 2nd round flood gates. 

We could then go Edge/O-Line @ #4/#10 and look for another Elijah Moore type of Jahan Dotson electricity come the 2nd round @ WR.  

• (1st round @ 4 = Kayvon Thibodeaux or Aidan Hutchinson).

QB: Zach Wilson.

LT: Mekhi Becton (ready to feast within an A+ O-Line).

LG: Alijah Vera-Tucker (ready to feast x2 alongside of Highway 77. 

Center: Tyler Linderbaum and why not because we're going O-Line here instead of WR (thanks to Allen Robinson) and this beast is a Generational Center. I'm talking Kevin Mawae/Nick Mangold Vol. 3.0. 

RG: Laken Tomlinson. 

RT: George Fant. 

WR 1: Allen Robinson. 

WR 2: Elijah Moore (can also line up in the slot as an X-Factor and can make plays all over an Offense).

WR 3: Corey Davis (with Jahan Dotson developing right on his tail). 

WR 4: Jahan Dotson (36th). 

WR 5: Braxton Berrios. 

TE 1: Trey McBride (38th).

TE 2: C.J. Uzomah. 

RB: Michael Carter.

And All of a sudden Zach Wilson has an Offensive Attack featuring a lot of different types of playmakers ala 🔥 power.

Go Defense the rest of the way for Robert Saleh during the 3rd round, 4th round x2 and 5th round x2 for all I care because we've now got a fully loaded gun on Offense (with a promise to Robert Saleh to attack Defense 2023 1st and 2nd round.

I have a feeling Allen Robinson would help Zach Wilson tremendously, open up the field for Elijah Moore and open up the floodgates throughout the 1st two rounds. 

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Glad JD didn't waste any more cap space on Marcus Maye. 

Crazy to think as an FSU fan I was pounding my firsts on the table for an explosive Offensive weapon #4 Dalvin Cook but yet we get stuck with the stiff who never once became an impactful game changer. 

Mike Maccagnan going Marcus Maye Safety 2nd round (after already drafting Jamal Adams 6th overall) and for us to watch Minnesota immediately capitalize on Dalvin Cook thereafter was an ugly sight to see. Thankfully we've got Michael Carter and this kid is already pretty special. 

To say the least I'm not disappointed in New Orleans paying Marcus Maye $9.5M per season; I'm just glad it's not us. 

JD gets a B+ for letting Mike Maccagnan's Marcus Maye walk and would've been an A+ if only he could've found a way to Jamal Adams/Sam Darnold, Marcus Maye.

I disagree. I would of like Maye back at that price. Either way we still have a hole at FS unless we think a combo of Davis and Joyner will be enough. The coaching staff may see potential in Davis and know that Joyner can ball. 

Gutted how it ended for Marcus Maye. I remember the outrage on here when we drafted him as we’d drafted Jamal the day before. As it turns out neither see their second contract with us. Crazy. 

2 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

He’s gonna be Douglas’s Becton on the defensive side of the ball and you’re all gonna love it.

Do you think we go DT early? If that’s the case I wonder what the coaching staff thinks we will do with JFM moving forward. I felt his best work came inside personally. Would also assume we may not address Edge at #4.

@KingOfNewYork

What draft scenario do you like better since you’re pro Davis at 10?

Lets say we draft DE at 4 (Thibs or Walker) in both scenarios.

We’re on the board at 10 and no DTs or WRs have been drafted. So we can choose who we want.

Do you like the scenario of drafting Davis at DT and then getting the tier down in Olave or Dotson in Round 2 at WR

or

Or the scenario of us drafting Burks or Wilson at 10 and then drafting a tier down DT like Winfrey, Wyatt or Leal

Obvioisly both scenarios are nice. I just think this points out more so to what I was saying yesterday. That I’d rather get the elite starter in the WR at the top of the draft and if we’re getting a rotational guy at DT, make that the 2nd rounder. I also like that depth at DT in Round 2 better than the depth at WR. Olave could easily go end of Round 1 and we are only left with Dotson worth a pick in that area. Where I can’t see all 3 of Winfrey, Wyatt and Leal all gone by then.

36 minutes ago, KimuraGod said:

Do you think we go DT early? If that’s the case I wonder what the coaching staff thinks we will do with JFM moving forward. I felt his best work came inside personally. Would also assume we may not address Edge at #4.

I don’t think we go DT at 10 considering the type of DT we currently lack. If we needed a 3T then I could see it happening but we need a 1T run stuffing monster and I think we can find that a bit later. But I do think Douglas and Saleh will be intrigued by Davis, most are. So I’m not ruling out the possibility. 

JFM will rotate between EDGE and IDL. I can’t see our full time DTs being him and Q especially on running downs, we need that space eater.

4. EDGE

10. WR/DT/?C?/Trade Back