2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

1 minute ago, rickyt31 said:

Since they are apparently desparate, I wonder if we could do it for just a first round pick swap? #10 for Hunter & #12. 

Doubt it. That puts his value as a late 3rd. Pretty sure we’d have to give up a 2nd for him. In an ideal world maybe we can give up like a 4th for him this year with a conditional pick for next year that can go up to a 2nd. We can land Hunter and keep those top 4 picks this draft. And we will win games. So losing let’s say a mid/late 2nd if Hunter balls out. Is still better than giving them a top 40 pick this year. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Doubt it. That puts his value as a late 3rd. Pretty sure we’d have to give up a 2nd for him. In an ideal world maybe we can give up like a 4th for him this year with a conditional pick for next year that can go up to a 2nd. We can land Hunter and keep those top 4 picks this draft. And we will win games. So losing let’s say a mid/late 2nd if Hunter balls out. Is still better than giving them a top 40 pick this year. 

JD might be able to pull that off, especially for a team that is desparately trying to dump a contract so they can sign their free agents and picks. Either way, he's my guy. 

5 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Still haven’t gotten Tomlinson, Whitehead or Reed’s numbers so it’s still showing 37M

And that’s with no cuts. I figure between GVR, Griffin and some smaller names… we can easily shed 13mill or so. But we need around 18-20 for. The draft I believe.

So we’re pretty much done cap wise. Obviously we can still make moves and move money around I’m sure. But the likelihood of a big trade taking on a contract is slim IMO with us using nearly all of our cap.

2 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Really curious to see what AR15 gets. 

I mean Godwin is 2.5yrs younger and better so AR will have to take quite a bit less than that. He’s likely after not showing up great this last year, taking a 1yr prove it deal. Try to ball out and get his last big pay day next offseason before he turns 30.

• Like 1

So my thoughts on FA have been this;

*JD has stuck to his principal of having a price and not budging. Easy in the emotion of everything to overpay your budget for players but JD has shown his cold calculated approach is unfazed. 

*We have also gone quantity over quality in my opinion. We have brought in lots of guys who are all solid players. Overall bringing the talent of the squad up a few notches. I feel FA for us under JD will be very much like this. No star power or top end players but steady guys who fit the system and can fill out the roster alongside our homegrown players. 

*Speaking of which I think for us our ‘best’ players will be our drafted guys. It certainly puts more pressure on our drafts but I think JD trusts himself and his team to produce year in and year out. 

Edited by KimuraGod

Because of FA the Jets can draft back and I wouldn't be surprised if they did. I look for the Jets to bolster the D in this draft with the exception of WR and RB.

There is no need for them to draft a G/T or TE. IMHO, Sauce will be the pick for the Jets at 4 and if Hamilton is there at 10 they could pull the trigger, OR move back in the draft and grab some more picks.

DE/OLB can be had in round 2 along with a WR, but if the Jets pick Hutch or Thibs at 4 then I can see a top LB taken at 10 OR WR.

Guess the real gauge is who signed where in the top of the order to get a handle on what will fall into the Jets lap or if someone moves up to grab a QB.