2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

15 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

I have thought about Bengals' Tyler Boyd.  I don't think he will crack 1K again with Bengals because of Tee Higgins and Ja'Marr Chase. Bengals probably need to trade him away before they could deal his potential whining. Boyd's leftover contract is measly less than 9m annually (2 years).

I would give them CB Bryce Hall for Tyler Boyd straight up. Then Jets could trade down from either 1st round pick to area where either Kenyon Green or Tyler Linderbaum will be taken.  After that trade, Jets have extra pick within top 90 so Jets could pick up Kyler Gordon or a similar caliber to replace Bryce Hall.

Boyd comes here he has the same problem, kinda. Davis and Moore are our two guys at receiver. It’ll be difficult to move ahead of them. 

Just now, KingOfNewYork said:

Boyd comes here he has the same problem, kinda. Davis and Moore are our two guys at receiver. It’ll be difficult to move ahead of them. 

I am counting on Boyd more than Davis. Moore will be hot and cold action.  Boyd should be guaranteed to mark 1k easily.

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

I would give them CB Bryce Hall for Tyler Boyd straight up

So, trade our best CB on a rookie 5th round contract for a $10M WR averaging 830 yds and 4.5 TD’s over the last two years. Sorry, not following the logic in weakening this pathetic D even more. 

There is a good chance this happens, but after next season, we can cut C.Davis, JFM, Mosley, and Lawson if they don't work out and free up around $52M. Davis has one year to improve his catching, JFM is pending on if we draft another DE this year, Mosely's cap hit is $18.5M for 2 seasons after this, and Lawson is pending on his ability to recover. 

There is a chance we could find their replacements this offseason if they don't perform. JD joined us in 2019, but I don't count year 1 because it wasn't with his coach. He's now entering year 2 for me. I don't expect him to spend a lot this offseason, but I do expect a big splash this offseason. There are too many big name WRs that can help Wilson out there floating around and we finally have the picks/cap to make the move.  I can see money going to RG and a safety as well if they hit the market. 

If we pull off a trade for Metcalf/Ridley, sign Daniels/Bar, and find a TE, that's going to make a huge difference on offense alone. I'm not going to rule out drafting a WR because there are some rising up right now like Burks and Garrett. Garrett might be the best route runner in this class. I'm just banking on JD going for the WR who knows for a fact would be someone Wilson needs to get over the hump. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Why?

Because I said so.🤬

I dont know but I just lost confidence in Corey Davis' hands.  Boyd with solid hands is able to play slot and outside which can share with Moore.  Davis stays outside all the way. Wilson may get comfortable with Boyd and Moore to generate "2k" yards altogether because of schematically comfort.

15 hours ago, xrade said:

So, trade our best CB on a rookie 5th round contract for a $10M WR averaging 830 yds and 4.5 TD’s over the last two years. Sorry, not following the logic in weakening this pathetic D even more. 

Under 9m like I said before.   Hall is replaceable. I can see 9-11 rookie CBs that can match or upgrade to Hall's skill set.

2 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

There is a good chance this happens, but after next season, we can cut C.Davis, JFM, Mosley, and Lawson if they don't work out and free up around $52M. Davis has one year to improve his catching, JFM is pending on if we draft another DE this year, Mosely's cap hit is $18.5M for 2 seasons after this, and Lawson is pending on his ability to recover. 

There is a chance we could find their replacements this offseason if they don't perform. JD joined us in 2019, but I don't count year 1 because it wasn't with his coach. He's now entering year 2 for me. I don't expect him to spend a lot this offseason, but I do expect a big splash this offseason. There are too many big name WRs that can help Wilson out there floating around and we finally have the picks/cap to make the move.  I can see money going to RG and a safety as well if they hit the market. 

If we pull off a trade for Metcalf/Ridley, sign Daniels/Bar, and find a TE, that's going to make a huge difference on offense alone. I'm not going to rule out drafting a WR because there are some rising up right now like Burks and Garrett. Garrett might be the best route runner in this class. I'm just banking on JD going for the WR who knows for a fact would be someone Wilson needs to get over the hump. 

That is a lot of replacements for 2023.  Heck, we should trade both 1st round picks away to stock up 2nd round picks. lol. I am comfortable with many prospects that can be had in 2nd rounds rather than 2 top 10 picks.

Burks? You can scratch him off unless he falls into 2nd round.  He can't run a good route at all.  He only offers solid RAC ability.  Not good.

27 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Under 9m like I said before.   Hall is replaceable. I can see 9-11 rookie CBs that can match or upgrade to Hall's skill set.

$9M, $10M what the difference.  It is a lot for another Corey Davis and that is what he would be on this team.  If he is so great, why would Cincy want to ship him out?  Why did they draft Chase?  If he's a whiner, why would JD even want him?

As for the "replaceable" part - everyone on the Jets D is replaceable and those 9-11 rookie CB's are a gamble.  Replacing a young, decent up and coming CB with a rookie CB is good for teams that have no holes and have to draft someone.  The Jets are not that team.  Besides, we need a rookie CB to replace Echols.

Now, if you tell me Cincy would go for an Echols for Boyd swap, I would be all for that.

Edited by xrade

3 hours ago, JetsandI said:

That is a lot of replacements for 2023.  Heck, we should trade both 1st round picks away to stock up 2nd round picks. lol. I am comfortable with many prospects that can be had in 2nd rounds rather than 2 top 10 picks.

Burks? You can scratch him off unless he falls into 2nd round.  He can't run a good route at all.  He only offers solid RAC ability.  Not good.

Lol we better not trade those picks. 

I do agree about Burks' route running.  Not really good, but that's something that can be improved and he's gaining hype. Honestly,  Ikem is the only offensive player in the top-10 I believe will actually be considered one of the best at his position if he plays RG. Everyone else can be good, but I don't see any of them reaching top-10 in their positions in the NFL. Mcbride & Linderbaum could be another , but not top 10 picks.

Edited by rickyt31
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Because I said so.🤬

I dont know but I just lost confidence in Corey Davis' hands.  Boyd with solid hands is able to play slot and outside which can share with Moore.  Davis stays outside all the way. Wilson may get comfortable with Boyd and Moore to generate "2k" yards altogether because of schematically comfort.

But why would Boyd think the problem you brought up with Chase/Higgins wouldn't exist here. Wouldn't he actually desire a larger role?

Only one other player in NY Jets history has made more tackles in a single season than Mosley, did this year. He was all over the field, they even had him covering TE"s because our safeties couldn't do the job. I am not sure who holds the record for most tackle in one season if I were to guess i would say Kyle Clifton. I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND why some people on this board would let Mosley go.