2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I blocked Jetfeul but I’m pretty sure he’s calling Joe and idiot. The Chiefs literally accepted the deal we offered. There’s nothing more Douglas could have done.

agreed and honestly im not that disappointed at all. we have a GM who gets it. casuals are too fickle. they wanna see stars getting overpaid, one season of success and back to the drawing board. we finally have a GM who understands the task here is a marathon and not a sprint and our fans are unbearable. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I blocked Jetfeul but I’m pretty sure he’s calling Joe and idiot. The Chiefs literally accepted the deal we offered. There’s nothing more Douglas could have done.

He could of offered more I suppose to take in out of Hills hands but in truth of the guy lives there etc then Miami was always going to be his preference. 

What worries me is the fact our closest rival just got a top 3 LT and a top 3 Wr today. 

People cannot be this dense. Twitter is full of people saying Hill isn’t a Jet because we didn’t give up #10. The Chiefs literally accepted the deal as outlined but Hill chose to play for Miami. It has nothing to do with the 10th pick and I’m gonna get sick of seeing it on Twitter for the next couple days lol.

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

LOL. That is why you give an offer KC can't refuse. That is JD problem and his down fall. You have to take a risk here and there to make it. When it gets down to the numbers the Jets are still at the bottom. So tell me again how JD is this great GM. He picked Becton just a few years ago and he may not be on the team. If Wilson starts out 0-5 is he a bust? At some point you have to put W on the board. JD tenure has not done that and that is the bottom line. 

Just now, KingOfNewYork said:

People cannot be this dense. Twitter is full of people saying Hill isn’t a Jet because we didn’t give up #10. The Chiefs literally accepted the deal as outlined but Hill chose to play for Miami. It has nothing to do with the 10th pick and I’m gonna get sick of seeing it on Twitter for the next couple days lol.

But your not getting that if we had a vastly better deal than that of Miami... he wouldn't have got to choose and would've just been traded to us.

• Like 1

Just now, KimuraGod said:

He could of offered more I suppose to take in out of Hills hands but in truth of the guy lives there etc then Miami was always going to be his preference. 

What worries me is the fact our closest rival just got a top 3 LT and a top 3 Wr today. 

Once again it was always in Hills hands. He has 1 year left on his deal. He needed an extension/new contract. You don’t give up more without that being known. Douglas did everything the right way, Hill simply chose Miami for whatever reasons.

Once again it was always in Hills hands. He has 1 year left on his deal. He needed an extension/new contract. You don’t give up more without that being known. Douglas did everything the right way, Hill simply chose Miami for whatever reasons.

Unless he has a no trade clause (which he doesn't) then no he doesn't have a say so. KC was just being nice to him bc they thought both deals were equal. That was on JD to make the deals not equal to where there was no choice. 

• Like 1

False.

He has a year left on his deal. If the Jets offered a lot more KC would have told Hill you are going to the Jets. They own his rights to play. 

Just now, ekill08x said:

agreed and honestly im not that disappointed at all. we have a GM who gets it. casuals are too fickle. they wanna see stars getting overpaid, one season of success and back to the drawing board. we finally have a GM who understands the task here is a marathon and not a sprint and our fans are unbearable. 

I have been following the NFL since 1955 and have never seen a offseason where big named players have switch teams for one reason or another. This is flat out insane.