2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

14 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

The idea of a K struggling with health is baffling to me.

Whoa. K are almost football players, too. They suffer from the same maladies as real players. 

Edited by xrade

11 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I’m operating under the assumption that Douglas and Gase…err Saleh want to bring in a veteran receiver to be a starter. And he won’t stop until he has that guy before the draft. 

Not sure I can handle a guy like Keelan Vole starting for us another year. We’ve had guys like that start for us for years now and it’s just not working. Either make a bold trade or spend 10 there. We don’t add anyone we aren’t totally showing our cards that we’re going WR at 10. That’s bc we still have 2 high 2nd rounders AND resigned Berrios. So teams might just think we’re ok with Davis and Moore outside and Berrios in the slot. And we might draft a guy in the 2nd. Is prefer the route of grabbing a guy at 10 and starting him outside and having Moore for the a lot and use Berrios as the 4th guy. We go and sign an average vet, we get tricked into thinking they’re ok and start over whoever we draft. We’ve seen it done before. And then that guy busts bc he didn’t get the opportunity he should’ve. 

28 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Not sure I can handle a guy like Keelan Vole starting for us another year. We’ve had guys like that start for us for years now and it’s just not working. Either make a bold trade or spend 10 there. We don’t add anyone we aren’t totally showing our cards that we’re going WR at 10. That’s bc we still have 2 high 2nd rounders AND resigned Berrios. So teams might just think we’re ok with Davis and Moore outside and Berrios in the slot. And we might draft a guy in the 2nd. Is prefer the route of grabbing a guy at 10 and starting him outside and having Moore for the a lot and use Berrios as the 4th guy. We go and sign an average vet, we get tricked into thinking they’re ok and start over whoever we draft. We’ve seen it done before. And then that guy busts bc he didn’t get the opportunity he should’ve. 

I think he’s aiming bigger than Cole right now. Cole is a fall back option for depth. I think he’s trying to get a bigger fish. 

3 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I think he’s aiming bigger than Cole right now. Cole is a fall back option for depth. I think he’s trying to get a bigger fish. 

If he can get a DK or Brown obviously that solves what I think we need. So that erases needing a guy at the top of the draft. Maybe a guy later for depth. But that can allow us to really focus on D in the draft.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

If he can get a DK or Brown obviously that solves what I think we need. So that erases needing a guy at the top of the draft. Maybe a guy later for depth. But that can allow us to really focus on D in the draft.

Exactly. That Hill package might be available to a few teams with guys in similar situations contract wise. Brown is in the last year of his deal as is DK. 

The Hill & Kirk contracts could possibly help us with some of these top WRs working on new deals. I know all the talk is around Brown and Metcalf. Deebo is still working on a new deal, but here is a name people haven't mentioned... Chase Claypool. His contract is ending and the steelers never pay WRs big deals. If Claypool threatens to hold out and the steelers know they're not going to pay up, a trade could happen this offseason so the steelers can get another pick to replace him with or trade up with. 

5 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

The Hill & Kirk contracts could possibly help us with some of these top WRs working on new deals. I know all the talk is around Brown and Metcalf. Deebo is still working on a new deal, but here is a name people haven't mentioned... Chase Claypool. His contract is ending and the steelers never pay WRs big deals. If Claypool threatens to hold out and the steelers know they're not going to pay up, a trade could happen this offseason so the steelers can get another pick to replace him with or trade up with. 

Claypool isn't eligible for an extension until after next season and he has two years left on his current rookie contract

Diontae Johnson is eligible for an extension now though

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Forge said:

Claypool isn't eligible for an extension until after next season and he has two years left on his current rookie contract

Diontae Johnson is eligible for an extension now though

Ah, I read it wrong.  Thanks for catching that. 

DJ improved his drops, so I could see him being possible. 

• Like 1