2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

Scheme, positional value, draft strength will factor into a lot of things. All signs continue to point to the trenches early and often. Philosophically it makes the most sense. You can’t build a defense around the pressure from the DL and an offense built around the run game and not heavily invest in the trenches. Everything else plays off of it.

Could I be wrong? Yeah of course. We could grab a WR at 10 or some other position but I wouldn’t make sense based on how they’ve talked about building the team. 

It’s why I haven’t gotten myself to fall in love with a prospect because I don’t wanna get my hopes up anymore.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bcb1213 said:

if you want to judge wilson, you bring in a consistent guy who has 1000 yards for 4 seasons in a row.  one thing Joe D and the former eagles scouting department have showed is they generally suck at scouting WR .  Obviously Metcalf is the better player but unless we're giving up the ten pick, they aren't gonna move him as they can franchise him and offer him huge money without a QB taking up 30-40 million of their cap anymore

DK has been consistent since he entered the league. Lockett for that matter was average for his 1st 3 years and has only been good for the last 4 seasons.

DK will only get better, he's worth giving up a valuable pick like 10 or even a couple 2nds. Dude has had 29tds in 3 years (yes that's more than Lockett) and has had over 3,100yds in 3 years. So not sure where you're going bringing up Locketts stats like DKs don't match and is 5 years younger. This team isn't built to win now, so bringing in a Lockett does nothing to help us long term. DK does. You're not wasting the trade assets bc he'd be here for years. Lockett would be a rental.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Scheme, positional value, draft strength will factor into a lot of things. All signs continue to point to the trenches early and often. Philosophically it makes the most sense. You can’t build a defense around the pressure from the DL and an offense built around the run game and not heavily invest in the trenches. Everything else plays off of it.

Could I be wrong? Yeah of course. We could grab a WR at 10 or some other position but I wouldn’t make sense based on how they’ve talked about building the team. 

It’s why I haven’t gotten myself to fall in love with a prospect because I don’t wanna get my hopes up anymore.

But we have for sure shown our cards that we know we need a difference maker WR. So if we cant pull off a trade. I think we have to think someone in this class is that for us at 10. My guess will continue to be DE at 4 and WR at 10. And I'll keep it that way unless something changes drastically. 

7 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

DT, OL are possibilities. No one seems to think so. Reality is the trenches are far from complete. 

I think for a trade yeah, could see that.  But if they take a Neal or Ekwonu or Cross, gonna have to move Becton or Fant, otherwise Joe is gonna look like a moron spending a top 5 or 10 pick on a swing tackle.  And DT I just dont see any top 10 value, Davis is a freakshow sure, but only played half the snaps at Georgia and the fit for this defense isnt great.

But if they move off 10 and trade down, im all for Linderbaum to upgrade McGovern

58 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I must have. We're not drafting a CB until late. We have 4-5 good CBs.

Wow I think we have 1 good one in Reed and an average one in Hall and the rest are below average. That is pretty far from 4-5 good CB in my eyes. i think you guys are over playing how good the CB are. These guys got burned all year long. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

But we have for sure shown our cards that we know we need a difference maker WR. So if we cant pull off a trade. I think we have to think someone in this class is that for us at 10. My guess will continue to be DE at 4 and WR at 10. And I'll keep it that way unless something changes drastically. 

The other way to look it is that JD is not overly impressed with the WR class in the first round.  That is why he is working those phones.

3 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

One day you guys will listen. This team has shown you clearly what they want to do and will do. 

Everyone just assumes he means drafting a PR in round 1.  I just don't think JD will draft the third best PR is Thibs and Hutch are gone.  At that point he may wait until 10 or round 2.  There is no doubt they want a WR and PR.  The question is when.

46 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Wow I think we have 1 good one in Reed and an average one in Hall and the rest are below average. That is pretty far from 4-5 good CB in my eyes. i think you guys are over playing how good the CB are. These guys got burned all year long. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, xrade said:

The other way to look it is that JD is not overly impressed with the WR class in the first round.  That is why he is working those phones.

I guess. I think the class is better than what some are giving it credit for. I for one would be happy with any of Wilson, London, Burks or Williams at 10. I think none of them are reaches there and will all be great NFL WRs. 

16 minutes ago, xrade said:

I dont see it that way, even for the Tyreek trade, he didnt offer any 1st rounders, so he can still be pretty high on the 1st round wr’s like Wilson, London, Williams etc

• Like 1