2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

14 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

JD needs to keep it simple. 

KT at 4, Williams at 10.

Everyone wins.

I think everyone would be on board with that. I just don’t think Thibs is going to be there. I still think Thibs, Hitch and Neal go top 3.  Like many speculated before the combine. That’s when it gets funky. Who do we take at 4 then?  My guess is Sauce. I was big on Hamilton, but I am kind of falling into the positional value thing. 

3 minutes ago, xrade said:

I think everyone would be on board with that. I just don’t think Thibs is going to be there. I still think Thibs, Hitch and Neal go top 3.  Like many speculated before the combine. That’s when it gets funky. Who do we take at 4 then?  My guess is Sauce. I was big on Hamilton, but I am kind of falling into the positional value thing. 

If Thibs and Hutch are gone you take EDGE3. Under no circumstances do you take a Secondary player.

4 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

If Thibs and Hutch are gone you take EDGE3. Under no circumstances do you take a Secondary player.

I just don’t think the third best edge is worth it at 4. At that point, take a top player. Sauce is a good choice.

19 minutes ago, xrade said:

I just don’t think the third best edge is worth it at 4. At that point, take a top player. Sauce is a good choice.

Sauce doesn’t help the pass rush which is the foundation of our defense. You could say go EDGE at 10 but now instead of getting a top 3 EDGE on your board you risking getting the 5th or 6th guy or going BPA and not leaving the draft with your biggest need on defense. The 32nd ranked defense at that.

Trust me I would love to get Sauce in green and white but I don’t think it elevates the defense to where we need it to go. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Sauce doesn’t help the pass rush which is the foundation of our defense. You could say go EDGE at 10 but now instead of getting a top 3 EDGE on your board you risking getting the 5th or 6th guy or going BPA and not leaving the draft with your biggest need on defense. The 32nd ranked defense at that.

Trust me I would love to get Sauce in green and white but I don’t think it elevates the defense to where we need it to go. 

I agree that edge is a bigger need. But who?  Walker?  JJ?  Those guys were 2nd round picks maybe border line late FRP prior to the the senior bowl and combine. Now they are elevated because of that?  Risky. Karlifatis may be an option but he is really another JFM. Is that what we want?  I’d rather go with a safer good pick than overdrafting for need. 

9 minutes ago, xrade said:

I agree that edge is a bigger need. But who?  Walker?  JJ?  Those guys were 2nd round picks maybe border line late FRP prior to the the senior bowl and combine. Now they are elevated because of that?  Risky. Karlifatis may be an option but he is really another JFM. Is that what we want?  I’d rather go with a safer good pick than overdrafting for need. 

Safe pick isn't always the best pick. There's almost zero difference between a CB trio of Reed/Hall/Carter and Reed/Gardner/Carter. MIght even be worse since Gardner will have a learning curve against NFL receivers, you know Corner is a bit of a learning curve, its the 2nd hardest position to play in the NFL. Not saying Sauce will have trouble but you get the point. 

At 4 if Hutch and KT are gone you try like hell to trade down or you go with your EDGE3 if he's high enough on your board. If he's your 9th or 10th guy then obviously not but if he's top 3 on your board with our need there you take him. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Safe pick isn't always the best pick. There's almost zero difference between a CB trio of Reed/Hall/Carter and Reed/Gardner/Carter. MIght even be worse since Gardner will have a learning curve against NFL receivers, you know Corner is a bit of a learning curve, its the 2nd hardest position to play in the NFL. Not saying Sauce will have trouble but you get the point. 

At 4 if Hutch and KT are gone you try like hell to trade down or you go with your EDGE3 if he's high enough on your board. If he's your 9th or 10th guy then obviously not but if he's top 3 on your board with our need there you take him. 

Karlaftis

Lots of smoke Walker #1.  I could understand his versatility and skillset being a little more valuable than Hutch.  Houston also likes him.  Hutch and Walker should be gone, then the other could be KT, Hamilton, Ickey.  

Depending on how the board falls I think it will be KT, JJ, Ickey.