2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

On 2/1/2022 at 12:36 PM, JetsandI said:

Don't follow.

On 2/1/2022 at 1:00 PM, KingOfNewYork said:

Why are you, and others, acting like those dudes have zero talent? The Rams are led by Cooper Kupp. 

I feel like I’m being trolled or something. You know the rams have Kupp, OBJ, Jefferson, Higbee and a stable or RBs right? And the bengals have Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Mixon, Uzomah.  The 9ers have a stable or RBs, one of the most versatile offensive weapons in Deebo, kittle, aiyuk.  The Bills have Diggs, Beasley, Sanders, Davis.  Do you want me to keep going?  The jets have a bust of a 1st round pick in Davis, a bust of a 2nd round pick in Mims and a special teamed as their WRs.  It’s obvious that LaFluer wants to run a similar offense to the 49ers, thus having a weapon similar to Deebo would be beneficial.  It’s obvious this offense needs more talent.

4 minutes ago, Heymangold said:

I feel like I’m being trolled or something. You know the rams have Kupp, OBJ, Jefferson, Higbee and a stable or RBs right? And the bengals have Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Mixon, Uzomah.  The 9ers have a stable or RBs, one of the most versatile offensive weapons in Deebo, kittle, aiyuk.  The Bills have Diggs, Beasley, Sanders, Davis.  Do you want me to keep going?  The jets have a bust of a 1st round pick in Davis, a bust of a 2nd round pick in Mims and a special teamed as their WRs.  It’s obvious that LaFluer wants to run a similar offense to the 49ers, thus having a weapon similar to Deebo would be beneficial.  It’s obvious this offense needs more talent.

While I agree with Jets needing more weapon, Jets don't need to hurry up and overdraft WR that doesn't run good routes.   I mean we saw what happened to Denzel Mims.  The former 2nd round pick was demoted and rarely seen on the field due to a lack of understanding for routes LaFleur wanted.

Burks doesn't run good routes at all.  Training coaches aren't impressed with him at all.  At 10, Jets draft him to be on the sideline for a whole season?  No thanks.

Jets will have many options to fill WR hole via either FA or outside top 10 draft.

Free Agency Targets-

No, I don't promote those players for Jets but this list of who I feel right for Jets in any role.

RB-
Rashaad Penny - Seahawks
Marlon Mack - Colts
Sony Michel - Rams

WR-
Chris Godwin - Buccaneers
Christian Kirk - Cardinals
Russell Gage - Falcons
Cedrick Wilson Jr. - Cowboys
Marquez Valdes-Scantling - Packers
Allen Robinson - Bears

TE-
David Njoku - Browns
Dalton Schultz - Cowboys
Mike Gesicki - Dolphins
C.J. Uzomah - Bengals
O.J. Howard?- Buccaneers

RG-
James Daniels - Bears
Austin Corbett - Rams
Brandon Scherff - Commanders
Mark Glowinski - Colts
Andrew Wylie - Chiefs

Swing OT-
Geron Christian - Texas
Trent Brown - Patriots
Terron Armstead? - Saints
Eric Fisher? - Colts

LB-
Kyzir White - Chargers
Keanu Neal- Cowboys
Foyesade Oluokun - Falcons
Kwon Alexander - Saints
Damien Wilson - Jaguars

S-
Jessie Bates III - Bengals
Jordan Whitehead - Buccaneers
Tracy Walker - Lions
Quandre Diggs - Seahawks

CB-
Levi Wallace - Bills
Fabian Moreau - Falcons
Kyle Fuller - Broncos
Casey Hayward - Raiders
Robert Alford - Cardinals

4 hours ago, Heymangold said:

All those guys are as equally talented as Davis, Moore, Berrios, Carter. 

Those players are undervalued because they’re Jets but they all have skill sets that can be utilized to create a good enough offense to win. 

Quarterback play, offensive line, play calling/design, consistency all need to be better. The weapons are beneficiaries of those things. Sure need a tight end or two, another back and another receiver to step up but acting like we’re talentless is ridiculous.

7 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

All those guys are as equally talented as Davis, Moore, Berrios, Carter. 

Those players are undervalued because they’re Jets but they all have skill sets that can be utilized to create a good enough offense to win. 

Quarterback play, offensive line, play calling/design, consistency all need to be better. The weapons are beneficiaries of those things. Sure need a tight end or two, another back and another receiver to step up but acting like we’re talentless is ridiculous.

CIN has an awful OL and is playing in the SB. Burrow and his weapons are what got them there. And we don't have any talents that deserve to even be in the same conversation as a guy like Chase.

Sounds like your just "hoping" that our weapons are just being under utilized right. When I can partially agree with that. But our weapons are vastly underwhelming to the top teams in the NFL. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

CIN has an awful OL and is playing in the SB. Burrow and his weapons are what got them there. And we don't have any talents that deserve to even be in the same conversation as a guy like Chase.

Sounds like your just "hoping" that our weapons are just being under utilized right. When I can partially agree with that. But our weapons are vastly underwhelming to the top teams in the NFL. 

I’m not taking an anomaly like Cincinnati and allowing it to dictate how this team should react. You don’t need a Chase you just can’t be depending on Jeff Smith playing meaningful snaps over the course of the game. 

And even if our weapons are vastly underrated there’s no way to be sure until we’re consistent all around.

Like I said add a couple more pieces to round out the roster and hope Zach takes that next step and I’m sure we’ll be fine.

21 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I’m not taking an anomaly like Cincinnati and allowing it to dictate how this team should react. You don’t need a Chase you just can’t be depending on Jeff Smith playing meaningful snaps over the course of the game. 

And even if our weapons are vastly underrated there’s no way to be sure until we’re consistent all around.

Like I said add a couple more pieces to round out the roster and hope Zach takes that next step and I’m sure we’ll be fine.

Absolutely. But there’s no question that you see the best teams all with great weapons. Yes you can make the point 100% it makes no difference unless you have a franchise QB. But we have to maintain the optimism that Wilson can hopefully be that. But I do know that giving him stars around him can only help. Stafford and Burrow have stars around them. And if they had Davis, Moore, Berrios as their WRs… they’d be golfing already.