2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

2 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I wonder how much an impact mentally that will have on him. It might break him.

If he doesn’t show up in the best shape possible this camp… the guys doesn’t have the mental or physical ability to play in this league. He 100% knows what’s at stake and what the critics have said. It’s on him. In all honesty if he doesn’t win a OT spot and play at an above average level… I’m about done with him. I never wanted to draft him keep in mind. I wanted Wirfs.

• Like 2

Berrios looking for a decent sized deal. I'm all for bringing him back. But we cant be paying him like he's this incredible weapon. I mean he had 46rec 431yds 2 TDs and 7 rushes for 40yds 2 TDs. Obviously he holds ST value as well and he's still only 26. But the number I heard was that he wants "at least" 9mill per season. Different regime... but we didn't want to pay Robby a couples years back about the same when he just had an 800yd 5 TD season and the year before that 750yd 6 TD season. I get Berrios is a guy that still hasn't got his pay day and is looking to capitalize on a solid year. But that's exactly what it is... a solid year. He doesn't deserve to be put into that top 30 WR salary area. He needs to be more around that 6-7mill range for me to say we 100% need to bring him back. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Berrios looking for a decent sized deal. I'm all for bringing him back. But we cant be paying him like he's this incredible weapon. I mean he had 46rec 431yds 2 TDs and 7 rushes for 40yds 2 TDs. Obviously he holds ST value as well and he's still only 26. But the number I heard was that he wants "at least" 9mill per season. Different regime... but we didn't want to pay Robby a couples years back about the same when he just had an 800yd 5 TD season and the year before that 750yd 6 TD season. I get Berrios is a guy that still hasn't got his pay day and is looking to capitalize on a solid year. But that's exactly what it is... a solid year. He doesn't deserve to be put into that top 30 WR salary area. He needs to be more around that 6-7mill range for me to say we 100% need to bring him back. 

Man, so many athletes let short term success get to their heads.  Funny this is if he reversed his season and had the big games weeks 1-4 with the exact same stats, or even a little better, he wouldn't be asking for $9M.

I think Becton was the same way.  Everyone hyping him up as this monster, gets hurt and doesn't put in the work necessary because he already thinks he is good and made it.  Watching his occasional IG story I don't think he's doing much to change this.  He got paid, he got high praise as a rookie.  I think it's going to take a trade or him losing his job to Fant and a RT to turn on the switch in his head.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Can't blame Berrios for trying to make bigger money. 

No, but when you ask for obscene money, that is a big turn off.  He will languish in limbo until his asking price comes down to a more reasonable level.  Of course, this is all Cimini's speculation of his wanting $9M.

2 minutes ago, xrade said:

No, but when you ask for obscene money, that is a big turn off.  He will languish in limbo until his asking price comes down to a more reasonable level.  Of course, this is all Cimini's speculation of his wanting $9M.

Yeah.   If it comes from him then he may try to get money to ensure he gets good amount of snaps. Like too expensive to stand on the sideline. something like that

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Man, so many athletes let short term success get to their heads.  Funny this is if he reversed his season and had the big games weeks 1-4 with the exact same stats, or even a little better, he wouldn't be asking for $9M.

I think Becton was the same way.  Everyone hyping him up as this monster, gets hurt and doesn't put in the work necessary because he already thinks he is good and made it.  Watching his occasional IG story I don't think he's doing much to change this.  He got paid, he got high praise as a rookie.  I think it's going to take a trade or him losing his job to Fant and a RT to turn on the switch in his head.

I haven’t given up on Becton… bc he is only going into year 3. But he knows 100% what’s at stake this year for him. For me as of now… he has to win the starting RT spot. Fant has the LT spot. If Becton comes in in great shape and works his tail off and can take over LT from Fant… that’s a great problem to have. But bc of his lack of dedication to being in shape and his work ethic… he shouldn’t be given anything this TC. That’s why I want an OLineman at 4 or 10. We draft Ikem at 4 and that puts pressure on Becton to try and win an OT spot. He shows up and wins that’s great. Kick Ikem inside to RG and when we move on from Fant (he’s 30 and will be a FA next offseason I believe)… he can be moved back to OT maybe. Even Green at 10 can put that same pressure on him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Can't blame Berrios for trying to make bigger money. 

Yeah, he won’t get it. Robby only got what 8M and that’s from his college coach, Bo one else wanted him and he was legit threat.

Give Berrios Crowder’s money since he’ll be gone. 4/20M is reasonable IMO.

The thing with Becton is, he rated better as a rookie than Fant did in his career year. 

I am not against going OT with the 4th pick though, just because we could potentially land a stud and I am a strong believer in making a beast OL. 

A lot of people are having us take Drake London 10th overall.  

I think some of our defensive needs we can address in FA. I'd like to go after Marcus Williams, I think he would be a great fit and is a very good player at Safety. Hes only 25 so he is prime.  

I am not against going all offense round 1, because building around Zach is the most important thing. We need Zach to have the support around him.  Drake London is a 6'5 WR who has great ball skills and in ways reminds me of Brandon Marshall the way he runs his routes as a bigger WR.  But it is still early to know who we will get.

I'm really hoping we can get Trey McBride with our 2nd round pick. 

Edited by NYJets4716

23 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I’m trying to think if I ever seen a player like London excel in this style of offense. 

He's unique in that he moves great for his size. Not as great as a guy like Burks (Burks IMO fits this offense perfect). But at a certain point we cant just grab quick WRs that are 6' or under. Who's catching the ball in the red zone for us? We don't have Kittle. Yes big WRs aren't the only way to score in the red zone... but it certainly helps to have that.

I always say I'm not a big combine guy. I 100% pay attention to it bc I like seeing what guys test like. But I'm more a film guy. So what I see with London is a guy that wins. He probably will actually hurt his draft stock at the combine, bc I doubt he runs great. But he will show crazy athleticism for his size I believe, so I can careless about his 40.

But still at the end of the day I want Burks in my perfect world at 10. For me he has size, fits the system, is fast, quick and has freakish hands. That's a complete WR.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

He's unique in that he moves great for his size. Not as great as a guy like Burks (Burks IMO fits this offense perfect). But at a certain point we cant just grab quick WRs that are 6' or under. Who's catching the ball in the red zone for us? We don't have Kittle. Yes big WRs aren't the only way to score in the red zone... but it certainly helps to have that.

I always say I'm not a big combine guy. I 100% pay attention to it bc I like seeing what guys test like. But I'm more a film guy. So what I see with London is a guy that wins. He probably will actually hurt his draft stock at the combine, bc I doubt he runs great. But he will show crazy athleticism for his size I believe, so I can careless about his 40.

But still at the end of the day I want Burks in my perfect world at 10. For me he has size, fits the system, is fast, quick and has freakish hands. That's a complete WR.

So after digging the best comparison I found for a guy around his size excelling in this offense(Shanahan Wide Zone) is Tee Higgins, though the Bengals use more spread concepts than WCO which we use I’m definitely okay with targeting London as long as MLF caters his route tree to his strengths and doesn’t try to force him into being something he isn’t.

• Like 1