2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

1 hour ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

In regards to Schultz, I'm not sure how Dallas can afford a Franchise Tag for a TE when they are already in serious salary cap hell @ -$21,449,885 Above the Cap (30th in the NFL).

lol.   Do you actually think Jerry Jones will soil his underwear with this negative cap space? JJ has zero problem with upfronting new money.

F tag deadline is set on March 8 at 4 pm.  New League Year begins at 4 pm on March 16.    Cowboys have time to adjust salary cap..  Piece of cake.

9 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Anyway, I don't honestly think Jets will pay top money on S or anyone.  I am not sure about next thing Safety like Buccaneers' Jordan Whitehead but I get strong feeling that Jets are in right place to draft George Hamilton.

Kyle Hamilton.. Damn it.

Cutting Lawrence & Cooper would only take them to -$2M. The Cowboys will still need to make room to sign their draft picks. I doubt they will be able to pull off enough room to tag Shultz. There will also be other good cheaper options available in free agency and the draft. They'll create about 4 holes in the starting lineup to resign him. I just don't see Jerry doing that. 

4 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Cutting Lawrence & Cooper would only take them to -$2M. The Cowboys will still need to make room to sign their draft picks. I doubt they will be able to pull off enough room to tag Shultz. There will also be other good cheaper options available in free agency and the draft. They'll create about 4 holes in the starting lineup to resign him. I just don't see Jerry doing that. 

Lawrence should be designed for Post June 1 cut. Saving 19m....   Easy as pie.

Cooper can be traded anytime.    Not hard to be done.

Not to mention that Cowboys draft well anyway.

Edited by JetsandI

Just now, JetsandI said:

Lawrence should be designed for Post June 1 cut. Saving 19m....   Easy as pie.

Cooper can be traded anytime.    Not hard to be done.

That part maybe false. If he isn't cut, he's getting $22M a year for the next 3. I'm not sure if anyone want that. His career best season is barely better than what Tee Higgins just did as a #2 option. Cooper, Lawrence, and at least 2 others will have to go. Do you think Jerry will lose 4 starters for shultz? Honest question

12 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

That part maybe false. If he isn't cut, he's getting $22M a year for the next 3. I'm not sure if anyone want that. His career best season is barely better than what Tee Higgins just did as a #2 option. Cooper, Lawrence, and at least 2 others will have to go. Do you think Jerry will lose 4 starters for shultz? Honest question

March 22 is the date that his 20m will become fully guarantee(previously injury guarantee).  Thats it. 

Just tag Schutlz now and worry about new contract later.

1 minute ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

I'm an FSU fan and I absolutely love the kid. 

But I'm more in favor of going O-Line and WR 1st round because despite how much I belove in Jermaine Johnson II; I know he's not able to improve our QB position.  

You picked an odd user name brother lol 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

I'm an FSU fan and I absolutely love the kid. 

But I'm more in favor of going O-Line and WR 1st round because despite how much I belove in Jermaine Johnson II; I know he's not able to improve our QB position.  

DE is a vital position for this defense. We can't just count on Carl Lawson returning. We had zero production at DE. To truly improve the defense, adding to DE is vital.

I am watching him and I think he is going to jump up the board and go way earlier than people originally thought. 

I don't think its out of question we go DE with one of our first round picks. 

Imagine having a DL with Johnson and Lawson rushing the passer, with JFM moving inside with Q. 

Edited by NYJets4716

4 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Tell me why we shouldn't draft Jermaine Johnson. 

Maybe his intelligence and age may keep him out of 1st round but there are many more promising pass rushers that are available in 2nd. 

His measurements and speed are awesome for me not to skip him anywhere.

• Like 1