2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

5 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

He’s like 24yrs old already 

Yeah that’s my worry with him. Wish we was 21/22 but we’d basically be in the same position like with Maye. After his rookie deal do you really want to pay him big money at 28/29 years of age?! 

Then again if he can be a dominant pass rusher who gives a ****!! 

6 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Nothing stops the Tre McBride train. 

I will say if I had to pick 1 guy who I "think" we will draft will all these picks... it's him. I could very easily see us using one of those 2nds on him. Obviously if we sign a guy like Schultz, Gesicki or Njoku... I think that alters things. So we will have a better idea of what we need in the draft in about 4-5 weeks. But sitting today I think he's McBride is a Jet until I see us sign a starting TE. You could even argue we still draft him even if we sign a top TE FA and run a lot of 2 TE sets.

23 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Nothing stops the Tre McBride train. 

McBride is my favorite TE prospect but I get the feeling we draft Ruckert in a trade down from #38.  Ruckert is a good blocker and was underutilized at OSU as a receiver.  How is McBrides blocking ability?

10 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

McBride can do it all. He’s a complete tight end. 

Agreed. I watch McBride and I cant help but get a Kelce type vibe from him. Obviously that's not what I "expect" from him. But size, hands and agility wise.... he's very comparable.

Watch Ruckert and there's a clear athletic difference between McBride and Ruckert. From an athletic standpoint I like Wydermeyer and even Ferguson if we miss out on McBride

18 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Agreed. I watch McBride and I cant help but get a Kelce type vibe from him. Obviously that's not what I "expect" from him. But size, hands and agility wise.... he's very comparable.

Watch Ruckert and there's a clear athletic difference between McBride and Ruckert. From an athletic standpoint I like Wydermeyer and even Ferguson if we miss out on McBride

Ruckert’s lack of production will definitely drop him some, he’s a huge projection but his tools are legit.

I love this whole tight end class. McBride is just like the best of everything.