Trade rumor/suggestion thread

resilient part 2

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Why would you deal a 1st round pick for a slightly less bad contract?

if we truly cant get out from under the Anderson deal any other way, this would be a great option for a number of reasons

1. we are probably going into the Tax this season, so the 6 million in savings will turn into a lot more than that in tax savings

2. The fit of Carroll vs Anderson is better than anything we would get out of the 28th  or 29th pick.

Just imagine the difference in a series with the warriors if we have Carroll to throw out there instead of Anderson. In his Hawks days he was a very solid starter. then he signed that deal and never panned out for the Raptors. he holds value for the nets if they dont want to tank this year, but since they are finally getting a pick in 2019, id think they would want to tank finally. 

Hes proven to be a solid defender and a decent 3 point shooter. I would make this trade all day if we dont need to move Anderson for nothing. Plus Anderson has some value in the nets 3 point happy offense. 

Carroll was a top 10 SF in Real Plus/Minus this season. I am not suggesting hes a top 10 SF, but if the rockets could do this, sign a vet for the 5 million MLE, and bring back our team we would be in an even better position to beat the warriors

not to mention carroll replacing Ariza if he decides to leave. 

I figure we will go for a star in James or PG and if that doesnt work out then we double down on a 2 year run. Give Ariza 2/20 contract, commit to paying some tax money. Resign CP3 and Capela. Give out vet min deal offers to Mbah a Moute and Joe Johnson. Offer Green slightly more than that for 2 years. and run it back. 

I would do this deal and feel like i won the off season. 

12 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Rumors rumors, rumors. But the latest rumor is saying Ainge likes/wants Mo Bamba. And Memphis-Dallas have made it clear they are willing to look into making a deal.

I want Bamba as well. 

Make it happen Danny..

For Jaylen Brown, Terry Rozier, pick 27 and the Kings pick, you can have him. 

6 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Brown’s value is probably the #3 pick alone and you need all that other stuff to do it?

Well I'd disagree that Brown's value is that high, although I do like him quite a bit, so yea. You could talk me into excluding Rozier but the rest, yea.

37 minutes ago, Texasmade said:

Well I'd disagree that Brown's value is that high, although I do like him quite a bit, so yea. You could talk me into excluding Rozier but the rest, yea.

The allure of the unknown...

1 hour ago, Texasmade said:

This years class is extremely weak on the perimeter, after Luka Doncic which wing/guard are you betting on being better than Jaylen Brown long-term?

12 minutes ago, YoungJefe said:

This years class is extremely weak on the perimeter, after Luka Doncic which wing/guard are you betting on being better than Jaylen Brown long-term?

I'm not betting on finding someone better than Jaylen Brown, I'm betting that's going to be much harder to find a unique big (like Mo), than it is a quality 3 and D guy, thus it's going to take a steep price to convince me to trade away from said unique big. 

3 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Rumors rumors, rumors. But the latest rumor is saying Ainge likes/wants Mo Bamba. And Memphis-Dallas have made it clear they are willing to look into making a deal.

I want Bamba as well. 

Make it happen Danny..

Find a 3rd team to take Parsons and give us our pick back, the Kings' 1st, and Terry Rozier.

On 5/29/2018 at 12:48 PM, J-ALL-DAY said:

That would be a bad move for the Grizzlies. So basically you trade Parsons/McLemore and the #4 pick and end up with Osman/Hill/Lyles/#14? I mean great you get rid of Parsons contract, but you need more for that big of a jump in the draft. #4 pick you have a shot at getting an all star. At #14, you are just hoping you get a nice rotational piece. 

I wouldn't trade Cedi and Hill just to move up 4 spots. Hill's contract after next season is so team friendly, it becomes an immediate asset, along with JR Smith's. We could keep both of them, trade both after the season, and have their 36 mil in contracts only account for about 5 mil total in guaranteed money. We would get sure assets out of dealing them then, whether it be draft picks, or players on teams looking to shed contracts. Parson's contract is so bad, Memphis can't expect to get much out of trading him. Matter of fact, I think they are gonna need to give something to someone else to take that contract. 

2 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

Brown’s value is probably the #3 pick alone and you need all that other stuff to do it?

If you wanna argue that the #3 pick for Jaylen Brown is fair, I wouldn't argue too hard.  But for a team like Atlanta/Dallas/Memphis, the less team control that Jaylen Brown has, which is 2 years at this point is going to weigh heavily against it.

49 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Find a 3rd team to take Parsons and give us our pick back, the Kings' 1st, and Terry Rozier.

I don't think that's feasible.  No team is going to take on Parsons while Memphis gets all the assets.  Right now, you're proposing:

Grizz Get: SAC '19 1st, MEM 1st, Terry Rozier
C's Get: #4
3rd Team Get: ???

They're getting Jaylen Brown and taking on Chandler Parsons I'd presume?

1 hour ago, Texasmade said:

I'm not betting on finding someone better than Jaylen Brown, I'm betting that's going to be much harder to find a unique big (like Mo), than it is a quality 3 and D guy, thus it's going to take a steep price to convince me to trade away from said unique big. 

Bigs are devalued in today's NBA unless they can play in space defensively which is something that Bamba struggled with. 

45 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I don't think that's feasible.  No team is going to take on Parsons while Memphis gets all the assets.  Right now, you're proposing:

Grizz Get: SAC '19 1st, MEM 1st, Terry Rozier
C's Get: #4
3rd Team Get: ???

They're getting Jaylen Brown and taking on Chandler Parsons I'd presume?

We'll take Kent Bazemore back and send Atlanta our 2019 2nd rounder and the Boston 2019 2nd rounder.

Archived