Trade rumor/suggestion thread

resilient part 2

1 hour ago, resilient part 2 said:

I really can't see LeBron going to LA. Imagine against Golden State or Houston, LeBron gets double-teamed after he dominates the ball and then has to swing it to Lonzo for a 3, really???

its all media hype like it is every year.

Now PG on the other hand.....

14 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Who should Washington Target with number 5?

Whichever one of JJJ/Bagley/Mo make it to 5. They could also go MPJ is they're comfortable with his health or Wendall Carter if they want a big who's more ready made. 

24 minutes ago, Texasmade said:

Whichever one of JJJ/Bagley/Mo make it to 5. They could also go MPJ is they're comfortable with his health or Wendall Carter if they want a big who's more ready made. 

Beal seems like he would make the least sense to move although easily the most valuable 

25 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Beal seems like he would make the least sense to move although easily the most valuable 

Yeah, I think he'd fetch a little more though.  First thought was it was similar to the Butler trade, but Minnesota threw in 2 young players that still had value.  No way Washington should have to give up #15.

29 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Sure, but he'd also be the easiest to move. It's either him or Wall, since no one's touching Otto Porter Jr's contract, and I can't imagine anyone being willing to take on Mahahim's contract without Beal attached to it. 

43 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Yeah, I think he'd fetch a little more though.  First thought was it was similar to the Butler trade, but Minnesota threw in 2 young players that still had value.  No way Washington should have to give up #15.

A.) Beal doesn't have the skins on the wall that Jimmy Butler did.

B.) While I get your point, what's the respective value of Zack Lavine coming off an ACL injury, Kris Dunn coming off a flop of a rookie season vs. shedding mahinmi's aborition of a contract + a 26 year old, athletic big who's coming off a career best year?

1 hour ago, Texasmade said:

Sure, but he'd also be the easiest to move. It's either him or Wall, since no one's touching Otto Porter Jr's contract, and I can't imagine anyone being willing to take on Mahahim's contract without Beal attached to it. 

Beals too good to attach to a deal. Moving him to dump money and a #5 pick is a joke IMO

I think Porter could definitely get moved but I’m expecting them to keep those three together another year 

53 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Beals too good to attach to a deal. Moving him to dump money and a #5 pick is a joke IMO

I think Porter could definitely get moved but I’m expecting them to keep those three together another year 

Fair enough, and you're probably right. 

19 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

I really can't see LeBron going to LA. Imagine against Golden State or Houston, LeBron gets double-teamed after he dominates the ball and then has to swing it to Lonzo for a 3, really???

I mean, realistically whose LeBron going to sign with?  To me, there's three real suitors for LeBron: Cleveland, LA Lakers, and Philadelphia.  Houston has to clear a TON of salary in order to do so, so while it's possible I'd put them as a long shot at this point.  Given the recent Colangelo situation, I think LeBron is going to be a tough sell.  Paul George probably fits their young core a bit more.  IF Philadelphia swings and misses, I wouldn't be surprised to see them throw some money at Avery Bradley or KCP.

On 6/2/2018 at 5:30 PM, CWood21 said:

I mean, realistically whose LeBron going to sign with?  To me, there's three real suitors for LeBron: Cleveland, LA Lakers, and Philadelphia.  Houston has to clear a TON of salary in order to do so, so while it's possible I'd put them as a long shot at this point.  Given the recent Colangelo situation, I think LeBron is going to be a tough sell.  Paul George probably fits their young core a bit more.  IF Philadelphia swings and misses, I wouldn't be surprised to see them throw some money at Avery Bradley or KCP.

We could also bring back Reddick for another year and take a stab at FA the next year after seeing what happens with Fultz. 

Archived