Trade rumor/suggestion thread

resilient part 2

Lebron cant come to Houston without someone taking a discount. you cant fit max deals for CP3 and Lebron along side James Harden in the salary cap. even if we got rid of the rest of the roster, the cap holds for filling out the roster would carry us over the cap before we could sign Lebron. 

On 6/3/2018 at 4:30 AM, CWood21 said:

I mean, realistically whose LeBron going to sign with?  To me, there's three real suitors for LeBron: Cleveland, LA Lakers, and Philadelphia.  Houston has to clear a TON of salary in order to do so, so while it's possible I'd put them as a long shot at this point.  Given the recent Colangelo situation, I think LeBron is going to be a tough sell.  Paul George probably fits their young core a bit more.  IF Philadelphia swings and misses, I wouldn't be surprised to see them throw some money at Avery Bradley or KCP.

San Antonio

9 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

That way San Antonio can operate over the cap and use the full MLE and Bi-annual exception.

I'm just ready to move on from LeBron, the trade means the Cavs can clear most of the cap space going forward, possibly even use them for teams wanting to set themselves up for big cap rooms in 2019, as well as letting the Cavs send out Love to a team like Utah etc that could use a stretch 4 for more assets.

6 minutes ago, Raves said:

I'm just ready to move on from LeBron, the trade means the Cavs can clear most of the cap space going forward, possibly even use them for teams wanting to set themselves up for big cap rooms in 2019, as well as letting the Cavs send out Love to a team like Utah etc that could use a stretch 4 for more assets.

Yeah because dan Gilbert is really someone you want to trust with a rebuild..

9 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Yeah because dan Gilbert is really someone you want to trust with a rebuild..

I thought their process was starting to work prior to LeBron coming back.  Obviously they had one ridiculously bad decision in Anthony Bennett, but overall none of the picks they made during the rebuild were that bad even though they were trying to make decisions using analytics for their picks.  With TT, sure guys like Klay and Leonard ended up being better, but leading up to the draft all 3 of those guys were shuffled around between the top 5-10 with each having their turn ahead of the others.  With Dion Waiters, who has turned out to be a solid player in his own right, there wasn't a definitive player to pick at #4 after AD, Beal, and MKG were drafted that the Cavs wanted.  They were left with another big man that couldn't shoot with questionable motivation in Drummond and Harrison Barnes who had two less than expected years in college for big names.  Waiters had just finished a great run as the 6th man for Syracuse and looked to be a dynamic scorer that could pair well with Irving.  Obviously you had the Anthony Bennet fiasco though really that entire draft was rather weak.  Oladipo took a long time to become the player he is now, Nerlens Noel had that horrendous knee injury, Otto Porter (who I wanted) didn't follow up with the performance you expected, Greek Freak was a bit of an unknown and everyone else had other concerns as well and they shot for the player with the highest upside, though failed.  Then in 2014 they made the obvious pick of Andrew Wiggens who ended up getting traded away for K. Love when LeBron returned.

So yeah, I would trust a competent GM for the Cavs to do a rebuild under Dan Gilbert.  Also requires a good coach... so that will be the biggest concern IMO.

3 minutes ago, Raves said:

I thought their process was starting to work prior to LeBron coming back.  Obviously they had one ridiculously bad decision in Anthony Bennett, but overall none of the picks they made during the rebuild were that bad even though they were trying to make decisions using analytics for their picks.  With TT, sure guys like Klay and Leonard ended up being better, but leading up to the draft all 3 of those guys were shuffled around between the top 5-10 with each having their turn ahead of the others.  With Dion Waiters, who has turned out to be a solid player in his own right, there wasn't a definitive player to pick at #4 after AD, Beal, and MKG were drafted that the Cavs wanted.  They were left with another big man that couldn't shoot with questionable motivation in Drummond and Harrison Barnes who had two less than expected years in college for big names.  Waiters had just finished a great run as the 6th man for Syracuse and looked to be a dynamic scorer that could pair well with Irving.  Obviously you had the Anthony Bennet fiasco though really that entire draft was rather weak.  Oladipo took a long time to become the player he is now, Nerlens Noel had that horrendous knee injury, Otto Porter (who I wanted) didn't follow up with the performance you expected, Greek Freak was a bit of an unknown and everyone else had other concerns as well and they shot for the player with the highest upside, though failed.  Then in 2014 they made the obvious pick of Andrew Wiggens who ended up getting traded away for K. Love when LeBron returned.

So yeah, I would trust a competent GM for the Cavs to do a rebuild under Dan Gilbert.  Also requires a good coach... so that will be the biggest concern IMO.

Wiggins isn’t that good and is crazy overpaid. Waiters was a wasted pick that they didn’t even work out. He was ready to sign Trevor Ariza to 15M a year if Lebron didn’t sign. He hired Byron Scott and mike brown 2.0. Gilbert in no way should be trusted with any rebuild. We need to just sit back and enjoy the Lebron train. Because once that’s over it’s back to the cellar for a long time. 

Cowherd broke today that 4 entertainment industry sources report that Lebron is in fact going to LAL and PG3 will join him. All could/should be skeptical of that type of report, but let's act under the idea that it's true. Zo-PG3-Kuzma-Lebron-Ingram bench of Randle, Hart, Caldwell-Pope.

Does that top 8 stay in tact or do they make some moves to add more vets/shooters to the mix? Ingram or Kuzma could fetch a top vet.

Posted 11 minutes ago

Cowherd broke today that 4 entertainment industry sources report that Lebron is in fact going to LAL and PG3 will join him. All could/should be skeptical of that type of report, but let's act under the idea that it's true. Zo-PG3-Kuzma-Lebron-Ingram bench of Randle, Hart, Caldwell-Pope.

Does that top 8 stay in tact or do they make some moves to add more vets/shooters to the mix? Ingram or Kuzma could fetch a top vet.

If Bron is going to LAL, he will push management to move some of the young talent for win-now pieces.

Not to mention they can afford two max FA's without dealing Deng.

Not to mention, mention that they wont bring back / cant afford to bring back Randle and KCP if they sign one max FA, much less two.

1 minute ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

If Bron is going to LAL, he will push management to move some of the young talent for win-now pieces.

Not to mention they can afford two max FA's without dealing Deng.

Not to mention, mention that they wont bring back / cant afford to bring back Randle and KCP if they sign one max FA, much less two.

Have Lebron sign a 1 and 1 deal. Trade Ingram and future #1's for KAT.

Zo-PG3-Kuzma-Lebron-KAT

Pretty sure Cowherd got that rumor from The Lakers Film Room dude on twitter. He claims he wasn't at all saying LeBron is going to LA, just what he had heard. Now, I haven't seen the Cowherd clip but dude has been all over the place with this LeBron free agency talk all year long lol.

3 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Minny would never do that. Those future 1's lose tons of value the second LBJ and PG sign.

That's why you have Lebron sign a 1 and 1. They become valuable once he leaves in 2 years, possibly 1.

Archived