2022 Playoffs Discussion

naptownskinsfan

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

Somewhere, in some seedy strip club, Jay Gruden is shedding a single tear watching Samaje Perine bust that long TD reception. 

Hahahahaha! Probably true as well.

19 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Other fans should have done a "Lord of the Flies" on him.

• Like 1

Since 2015 here are the Bengals records:

6-9-1

7-9

6-10

2-14  (drafted Burrow after this year)

4-11-1

10-7 (going to Super Bowl. Have their QBOTF)

Since 2015 here are the Redskins/WFT records:

8-7-1 (we tied Bengals)

7-9

7-9

3-13 (finished one game back of Bengals and drafted Young)

7-9  (went for a division title in RR first year rather than trying to evaluate talent and position ourselves for a QB)

7-10 (NOT going to the Super Bowl. STILL dont have a QBOTF)

Can we all agree that the "we're not rebuilding, we just need one or two guys to get to the SuperBowl" plan of Dan Snyder is not working?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MacDog said:

But, but, but Marriobisky will be available, and we won't have to give up a draft pick!

I’ve never seen a group of people want Mariota or Trubisky more than the guys on Hogs Haven. My lord, you would’ve thought the two of them were these great players just put in bad situations. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I’ve never seen a group of people want Mariota or Trubisky more than the guys on Hogs Haven. My lord, you would’ve thought the two of them were these great players just put in bad situations. 

It is amazing what standing on the sideline of a winning team, after sucking for 4-5 years on the team that drafted you, can do to turn your value around.

I don't get it either. If we sign one it should only be to pair with a rookie QB drafted. Not to be the guy

Edited by MacDog
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Since 2015 here are the Bengals records:

6-9-1

7-9

6-10

2-14  (drafted Burrow after this year)

4-11-1

10-7 (going to Super Bowl. Have their QBOTF)

Since 2015 here are the Redskins/WFT records:

8-7-1 (we tied Bengals)

7-9

7-9

3-13 (finished one game back of Bengals and drafted Young)

7-9  (went for a division title in RR first year rather than trying to evaluate talent and position ourselves for a QB)

7-10 (NOT going to the Super Bowl. STILL dont have a QBOTF)

Can we all agree that the "we're not rebuilding, we just need one or two guys to get to the SuperBowl" plan of Dan Snyder is not working?

I do agree but to an extent. The talent is there on defense. We have weapons but I’d still push for Smith-Schuster in free agency. But at the end of the day, you can add talent everywhere and you can sign tons of free agents but without a Joe Burrow to place in there you’re just treading water. Pick one of these QBs and give yourself a chance that they’ll be great and if they suck draft another one. Keep doing it until you get it right.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, MacDog said:

It is amazing what standing on the sideline of a winning team, after sucking for 4-5 years on the team that drafted you, can do to turn your value around.

I don't get it either. If we sign one it should only be to pair with a rookie QB drafted. Not to be the guy

I think that’s why most people say we’ll end up with one of them. It’s bc we’ll have to settle for them after we strike out on every one else like last year. 

We gotta draft a QB rnd 1 though also to develop 

Snyder, Rivera, and Wright are having a big night, already working up all the press releases and social media posts about future Commanders QB Jimmy Garoppolo and the fact that he’s going to have been to 2 of the last 3 Super Bowls. Same as Patrick Mahomes, better than every other QB in the world. 

Super Bowl pedigree. Winning on and off the field. The culture is going to be damn good.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Snyder, Rivera, and Wright are having a big night, already working up all the press releases and social media posts about future Commanders QB Jimmy Garoppolo and the fact that he’s going to have been to 2 of the last 3 Super Bowls. Same as Patrick Mahomes, better than every other QB in the world. 

Super Bowl pedigree. Winning on and off the field. The culture is going to be damn good.

Happy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff