Divisional Round GDT - Green Bay Packers vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Aaron rodgers GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER

Davante Adams GIFs | Tenor

Cowboys had very good WRs as well and we all know the season Kupp is having. Great players make great plays...so what? You don't think Deebo and Kittle and Aiyuk aren't going to make their fair share of plays either? Talent wise, no team is overwhelming us. It's simple, I don't care how good Rodgers is, but if we can stop the run and run the ball effectively ourselves, then we will be fine. If we can't run the ball? Then it's highly unlike we win unless Jimmy has a 2019 NO type of game...And how many of those has he had in his career? Deebo in the backfield is a cheat code and thus far no defense has really been able to stop our rushing attack since he's been utilized that way. 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY
  • Like 1

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Cowboys had very good WRs as well and we all know the season Kupp is having. Great players make great players...so what? You don't think Deebo and Kittle and Aiyuk aren't going to make their fair share of plays either? Talent wise, no team is overwhelming us. It's simple, I don't care how good Rodgers is, but if we can stop the run and run the ball effectively ourselves, then we will be fine. If we can't run the ball? Then it's highly unlike we win unless Jimmy has a 2019 NO type of game...And how many of those has he had in his career? Deebo in the backfield is a cheat code and thus far no defense has really been able to stop our rushing attack since he's been utilized that way. 

I think the difference between Rodgers and Stafford / Dak is pretty substantial.

Kupp is fair against adams this year, but Cooper / Lamb are not Adams. Not yet for the latter at any rate. 

I'm not comparing us to the Packers, you just said the difference between Packers and those teams. The difference is mostly Rodgers. Highly likely that he's not going to give us the ball like those guys did. Its possible (he has in the past), but I don't count on it. 

Jimmy needs to protect the ball, not turn it over and we need to be able to at least slow Rodgers. We will see. Talent wise, I don't think that there is a disparity between us and them except at the most important position in sports, where the disparity is so great, we  could probably fit a talent the size of Joe Burrow in there lol 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Aaron rodgers GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER

Davante Adams GIFs | Tenor

Hit ‘em just like Brady and he becomes rattled. As long as we get pressure I still like our odds. They beat us in a close game in wk 3 and we didn’t have Mitchell and Deebo playing the way he’s playing now. I’m not going to echo what everyone has already said. The fact that they gave GB a 7pt diff already, we just need to use this as fuel. A lot of ppl are picking against us just like the Dallas game regardless of their luck in the playoffs. If that’s the truth, what’s A-a-Ron’s record against us in the playoffs? 0-3. We just need keep the pressure, some nickel blitzes, crash the pocket and stop their run. Our corners and safeties are healthy. Keep the ball out of Jimmy’s hand and run the ball. Maybe some RPO or PA rollouts and keep it moving. Hopefully LA wins so we don’t have to travel far. It’s going to be tough, these playoff games have been difficult and GB is definitely going to make us work for it 

Plus I can’t wait for the opening of the game, it’s so repetitive! A-a-Ron was a Niner fan, lived 45mins away from the stadium. Shows the pic of him in a Montana jersey, show the epic 2005 draft green room with him waiting to be picked only for the Niners to select Alex Smith….and then pan to GB currently and ask how this year is different than every other year playing football. 

1 minute ago, StevenK said:

Hit ‘em just like Brady and he becomes rattled. As long as we get pressure I still like our odds. They beat us in a close game in wk 3 and we didn’t have Mitchell and Deebo playing the way he’s playing now. I’m not going to echo what everyone has already said. The fact that they gave GB a 7pt diff already, we just need to use this as fuel. A lot of ppl are picking against us just like the Dallas game regardless of their luck in the playoffs. If that’s the truth, what’s A-a-Ron’s record against us in the playoffs? 0-3. We just need keep the pressure, some nickel blitzes, crash the pocket and stop their run. Our corners and safeties are healthy. Keep the ball out of Jimmy’s hand and run the ball. Maybe some RPO or PA rollouts and keep it moving. Hopefully LA wins so we don’t have to travel far. It’s going to be tough, these playoff games have been difficult and GB is definitely going to make us work for it 

You may as well throw out the first game. It's a completely different situation. We didn't have Mitchell / Deebo in the backfield...they didn't have their best offensive lineman and they didn't have their best pass rusher, both of whom are among the best in the league. 

That game was in SF in some pretty nice weather, this game will be played at Lambeau in 15 degree weather that likely feels 0 with windchill. Jimmy has never started a cold weather game in the NFL. There are too many differences between this game and the one in week 3 for it to matter outside of familiarity. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I think the difference between Rodgers and Stafford / Dak is pretty substantial.

Kupp is fair against adams this year, but Cooper / Lamb are not Adams. Not yet for the latter at any rate. 

I'm not comparing us to the Packers, you just said the difference between Packers and those teams. The difference is mostly Rodgers. Highly likely that he's not going to give us the ball like those guys did. Its possible (he has in the past), but I don't count on it. 

Jimmy needs to protect the ball, not turn it over and we need to be able to at least slow Rodgers. We will see. Talent wise, I don't think that there is a disparity between us and them except at the most important position in sports, where the disparity is so great, we  could probably fit a talent the size of Joe Burrow in there lol 

You took that too literal lol....But Cooper/Lamb/Wilson are a very good trio and even if one is not as good as Adams, collectively you could argue they are better than the Packers receiving core.

Of course, I'm not going in this game counting on a Rodgers turnover. But the Cowboys only turned it over once themselves and it canceled out with Jimmy's INT. We can't win if we lose the turnover battle by more than one. If Jimmy throws his weekly stupid INT and we have no other turnovers? Then we still have a shot but if the TO is even? That's a big advantage for us. 

Jimmy definitely needs to play cleaner than he did in the 2nd half of the last game. I'm not even asking for the type of performance he had against the Rams down the stretch, just hit the throws you are supposed to and be efficient on 3rd down. If he hits Aiyuk to start the 4th quarter, good chance the game ends right then and there. But nope, he missed him and then began his disastrous 4th quarter. The man has yet to play ONE good playoff game. Anytime now Jimmy...................

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

You took that too literal lol....But Cooper/Lamb/Wilson are a very good trio and even if one is not as good as Adams, collectively you could argue they are better than the Packers receiving core.

Of course, I'm not going in this game counting on a Rodgers turnover. But the Cowboys only turned it over once themselves and it canceled out with Jimmy's INT. We can't win if we lose the turnover battle by more than one. If Jimmy throws his weekly stupid INT and we have no other turnovers? Then we still have a shot but if the TO is even? That's a big advantage for us. 

Jimmy definitely needs to play cleaner than he did in the 2nd half of the last game. I'm not even asking for the type of performance he had against the Rams down the stretch, just hit the throws you are supposed to and be efficient on 3rd down. If he hits Aiyuk to start the 4th quarter, good chance the game ends right then and there. But nope, he missed him and then began his disastrous 4th quarter. The man has yet to play ONE good playoff game. Anytime now Jimmy...................

The good new is....Jimmy has never turned the ball over 4 games in a row, apparently lol 

The good new is....Jimmy has never turned the ball over 4 games in a row, apparently lol 

The fact that he has turned it over three consecutive games on multiple occasions is pretty embarrassing lol.

So he is 0-4 in terms of having legit good playoff performances and has a streak of turning it over three consecutive games....If there was ever a time for him to change his playoffs fortune it would be now! 

I just hope Mitchell has enough juice this game. Looked a little out of it late in the Cowboys game. Has taken too many hits the last three games. 

• Like 2

You may as well throw out the first game. It's a completely different situation. We didn't have Mitchell / Deebo in the backfield...they didn't have their best offensive lineman and they didn't have their best pass rusher, both of whom are among the best in the league. 

That game was in SF in some pretty nice weather, this game will be played at Lambeau in 15 degree weather that likely feels 0 with windchill. Jimmy has never started a cold weather game in the NFL. There are too many differences between this game and the one in week 3 for it to matter outside of familiarity. 

I agree about the first part, that’s what I meant about Mitchell, Deebo and even Aiyuk (not playing up to par). I’m saying they are completely a diff team. “ New identity-ish.” 

If anything, the cold weather would make me feel like a given that we are running the ball 35-45 times. Sprinkle in every running back and Deebo into the game. Get creative and do the quick motion toss to Kittle that we rarely use. Some rumors saying that Lance may have to play, if true, guess who else is running. Hopefully not Qb power, but u see where I’m going with this. 

im just saying I like what we are doing minus getting Jimmy to try and throw downfield. Our dline was putting pressure on one of the better o-lines in the league without Bosa. 

1 minute ago, Manny/Patrick said:

Doesn’t look like Jimmys playing. Time to switch Treys number to 7 or get the real 7

I'm pretty sure Jimmy is playing. He's LP today, no reason why I wouldn't expect him to play this weekend.