GDT: Bengals @ Titans (Return of The King Edition)

Mesa_Titan

I dont talk much, but i cant believe we threw it to a random again with the game on the line.Wasn't the whole point of julio Jones was for the playoffs? If he couldnt go for the potential last play of the season, he needs to go..if he could have, then whoever made the choice to sit him needs to go.

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

The last couple picks having issues and not producing doesn't make picking a player guaranteed to sit and do nothing is smart. Result based analysis issue at it's finest.

it’s not about the players having issues at all. farley, simmons, and wilson (even independently of his implosion) were all EXPECTED to either miss time or need to sit for at least part of the season, aka we did not expect an immediate impact from any of them. literally the opposite of results-based analysis, dude.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Again, Tannehill isn't making all thatm uch money in the grand scheme of QB contracts, even with the amount we moved to 2022. Then there's the option of the team who trades for him to extend and stretch the money out to lessen the hit this year, etc.

But teams like Denver, Indianapolis and Carolina would all have a massive upgrade with Tannehill. Then you factor in teams like Seattle and Green Bay who might would be if they lose their current starter. There would be a market for him. Not sure what we'd get in return exactly, but a market exists all the same. Garoppolo has a big market and I'd argue Tannehill is better than him, but they're at worst similar level QBs.

Is Tannehill really better than Bridgewater or Wentz though? He sucks. 

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

it’s not about the players having issues at all. farley, simmons, and wilson (even independently of his implosion) were all EXPECTED to either miss time or need to sit for at least part of the season, aka we did not expect an immediate impact from any of them. literally the opposite of results-based analysis, dude.

Simmons was expected to miss time, but Farley was expected to be(and ultimately was) cleared and Wilson was expected to compete to start right away, but sucked so bad it just went to Kelly.

And Simmons was a top 5 caliber prospect we could draft in the 20s, so makes enough sense I guess, and he did ultimately end up being able to play that season anyway.

Just now, renndawg37 said:

Is Tannehill really better than Bridgewater or Wentz though? He sucks. 

By literally every measure, yes. Wentz couldn't even surpass Tannehill in effeciency when Tannehill was playing without Julio, Brown and Henry. Bridgewater is so far behind it's not even worth talking about.

Y'all gotta stop being silly with takes like these. Tannehill has issues, but he's still in that 8-12 range of QBs in the league.

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

Simmons was expected to miss time, but Farley was expected to be(and ultimately was) cleared and Wilson was expected to compete to start right away, but sucked so bad it just went to Kelly.

And Simmons was a top 5 caliber prospect we could draft in the 20s, so makes enough sense I guess, and he did ultimately end up being able to play that season anyway.

farley would have been like CB4 all year, and we were fine with that. that's not instant impact.

i don't get why this is so difficult. my point is that we are clearly and obviously fine with taking developmental guys even in a "win now" period.

Edited by -Hope-

Just now, TitanLegend said:

By literally every measure, yes. Wentz couldn't even surpass Tannehill in effeciency when Tannehill was playing without Julio, Brown and Henry. Bridgewater is so far behind it's not even worth talking about.

Y'all gotta stop being silly with takes like these. Tannehill has issues, but he's still in that 8-12 range of QBs in the league.

He was awful this season. 

5 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

farley would have been like CB4 all year, and we were fine with that. that's not instant impact.

I think the goal was for him to overtake Jenkins at some point but shocker… he got hurt. Point still remains though. Nothing wrong with taking a talented QB to let his sit a year. We’re not going anywhere with Tannehill and we’re just going to waste another year of a HOF like Henry but it is what it is. Gotta find a QB somehow.

Edited by ttitansfan4life