Divisional Round Games

Leader

4 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Morons played prevent defense when the Chiefs had three timeouts.

This ^

The media is all aglow with the greatness that is Mahomes.....only, I could have completed those passes to Hill & Kelce. Probably did something similar in my last pickup game. They were just a "stones throw" downfield and wide open. It was ALL about YAC.

Dumb defense.

7 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I saw them lining up way back and then they took a timeout and I was like, “Oh, good. Their head coach has a brain.” I really thought he was going to cancel that dumb, dumb, dumb idea, but then after the timeout they came right back out in that same formation. Everybody back.

They turned soft and afraid and that entire coaching staff should be ashamed.

Why the **** do you have 2 linebackers on the field in coverage in that situation? You go man to man on Kelce and the woman beater and play zone behind them. 

That was as bad as the Bucs blitzing the Rams and leaving Kupp singled up on a safety with no safeties in the middle of the field. Two DC's who are supposed to be top notch who went brain dead in critical moments of the game. 

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

This ^

The media is all aglow with the greatness that is Mahomes.....only, I could have completed those passes to Hill & Kelce. Probably did something similar in my last pickup game. They were just a "stones throw" downfield and wide open. It was ALL about YAC.

Dumb defense.

Easy there big guy. Let's slow your roll here! That pass to Kelce traveled 40 yards in the air and was a frozen rope. I'm calling bull****! 😂

12 hours ago, Leader said:

We got lousy production from the TE position all year. Tonyan wasnt producing at last years level - and when he went down, the position didnt exist in the passing game.

I wondered about that a couple of weeks ago.  So, I looked it up.  Tonyan was exactly like 2020, just with fewer TDs.  Double his stats because he played in 8 games.  About the same number of targets, fewer yards, same yards per catch, and lower catch percentage.  

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TonyRo00.htm

I think his off year was not as off as people would think, and his up year probably isn't as good as we thought either.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

That is not a difficult task! 

Oh wait - I think we may be talking odds & ends. My comment referred to the passes to Hill & Kelce when there were 13 seconds left. Those were somewhere around 10-15 yards - off to the left side and the guys were wide open.

I think you may be referring to the winning score? I actually didnt see the play. I saw replays of the EZ toe tapping etc - but not the LOS or actual pass (although I think I could probably make that one too LOL!) 

2 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I wondered about that a couple of weeks ago.  So, I looked it up.  Tonyan was exactly like 2020, just with fewer TDs.  Double his stats because he played in 8 games.  About the same number of targets, fewer yards, same yards per catch, and lower catch percentage.  

I think his off year was not as off as people would think, and his up year probably isn't as good as we thought either.  

Yeah....It certainly could have been the TD's that screwed my perception. That said - we need to elevate production from the position. Other teams have true *weapons* there....actual coverage problems - and I'd like one of those.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Yeah....It certainly could have been the TD's that screwed my perception. That said - we need to elevate production from the position. Other teams have true *weapons* there....actual coverage problems - and I'd like one of those.

I 100% agree.  The reason I was looking at Tonyan's numbers was because the TE production seemed to disappear.  I think it is at least a two pronged problem though.  Rodgers doesn't throw a lot of the classic TE between the hashes passes, and our TE talent is pretty mediocre.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

His off year was on track to be about what I was expecting - a 90% catch rate is unsustainable, I don't care who you are, as is a 10% rate of tds. 

Deguara looks capable of doing what would be a realistic expectation for Tonyan. 

Edited by Mr Bad Example
  • Like 1

Well, at least .... Even if the weekend did suck, at least it sucks a little less knowing Tom Brady will be watching the SB from home.

Only bad news is it looks like it's going to be a repeat of SB LIV.  I mean, I cheered for the Chiefs to kick SF's butt then and I'd do it again.  But I'm really not a fan of repeat matchups in the game when that was a constant during the 90s with Dal/SF vs Buf.

1 minute ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

Well, at least .... Even if the weekend did suck, at least it sucks a little less knowing Tom Brady will be watching the SB from home.

Only bad news is it looks like it's going to be a repeat of SB LIV.  I mean, I cheered for the Chiefs to kick SF's butt then and I'd do it again.  But I'm really not a fan of repeat matchups in the game when that was a constant during the 90s with Dal/SF vs Buf.

I'm all in on CIN/LA - I want neither SF or KC - but think the likelihood of CIN getting there....nil.
I'm already tired of the Patrick talk and I think this SF team posers.

Just now, Leader said:

I'm all in on CIN/LA - I want neither SF or KC - but think the likelihood of CIN getting there....nil.
I'm already tired of the Patrick talk and I think this SF team posers.

I think the Rams have more talent, but McVay like his buddy LaFleur is a real dodo when it comes to play calling and game management in big games.  So I don't trust him to win next Sunday.

2 minutes ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

I think the Rams have more talent, but McVay like his buddy LaFleur is a real dodo when it comes to play calling and game management in big games.  So I don't trust him to win next Sunday.

McVay and Shanahan are both terrible in terms of aggressiveness on 4th down.  LaFleur is good to great at that

Shanahan is the better in-game adjuster of all the 3 though.