Divisional Round Games

Leader

Would not be upset by any of this. I know Cinci is getting the hype but the Titans have the 1 seed for a reason. I think that D is disruptive enough to get the young upstarts out of their game. I was definitely wrong last week, so let’s see where we land. Only one victory that truly matters this weekend. 

GB, TN, TPA, KC  Think those are your winners.  Would love Tampa and KC to get knocked off but don't think it will happen.  Want Buffalo out of the AFC.  Don't sleep on TN either.  Very tough team.  Don't think Cinci has a shot in this one.  So AFC championship KC vs TN.  NFC  GB vs. TPA...

Playoff football baby... the Wild Card round separates the wheat from the chaff.

The 7th seed pretenders (without Crissy) from Pennsylvania, the Eagles and Steelers were spanked and sent home as trespassers. The 6th seed Patriots were exposed as smoke and mirrors, as were the not-ready-for-prime-time 5th seeded Cardinals.

The 3rd seeded Cowboys and the 5th seeded Raiders battled hard but are tasting the bitter flavor of "close but no cigar."

Eight capable teams remain, all having earned their spots on the playoff battlefield. No excuses. Win and play on, lose and join the studio audience. 

I've got it:

#1 Packers over the #6 49ers

#1 Titans over the #4 Bengals

#5 Rams over the #2 Bucs

#3 Bills over the #2 Chiefs 

Regardless, the four teams that emerge from the Divisional to the Conference Championship round will have earned it.

Bills are notorious chokers against KC. I don't see that changing. As much as I'd like KC to lose so something different comes out of the AFC, I don't see them losing. They'll beat the Bills then whatever's left between Cincy and Tenn. 

Rams-Bucs should be a good game. I don't see Brady losing at home, and I'm going back and forth on who I would want to play in the NFCCG. Pros and Cons for both teams. 

27 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Bills are notorious chokers against KC......

This is true. I'm hoping they'll find a way to change that. Not confident they will.....but there's hope.

28 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I'm going back and forth on who I would want to play in the NFCCG......

Know what I'm going back and forth about? Whether 6'8 / 321# Dennis Kelly might not be a better matchup against 6'2/250# Shaq Barrett than 6'5 / 310# Billy Turner - presuming we see Tampa in the NFCCG. Kelly may just be too big and slow to kill Barrett's speed.....but I seem to recall BT struggled mightily holding the right side edge in last years NFCGC. 

9 hours ago, Refugee said:

Would not be upset by any of this. I know Cinci is getting the hype but the Titans have the 1 seed for a reason. I think that D is disruptive enough to get the young upstarts out of their game. I was definitely wrong last week, so let’s see where we land. Only one victory that truly matters this weekend. 

Titans started hot, and gutted out some wins on the back half of the season, but I'd be downright shocked if they Ewing-effected their way to the SB w/o Henry. 

56 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Bills are notorious chokers against KC. I don't see that changing. As much as I'd like KC to lose so something different comes out of the AFC, I don't see them losing. They'll beat the Bills then whatever's left between Cincy and Tenn. 

Rams-Bucs should be a good game. I don't see Brady losing at home, and I'm going back and forth on who I would want to play in the NFCCG. Pros and Cons for both teams. 

In October, the Bills went to Missouri and dismantled the Chiefs, 38-20.

New teams. New seasons. This is the playoffs, where dreams come true for some and are shattered for others.

Do you call Aaron and the Packers notorious chokers? Or do you think they have battled and just come-up short of their #1 goal from 2010 to now?

If the Bills win it won't be because the Chiefs choked, it will be because the Bills beat them. The reverse outcome will be equally true. Two damned fine football teams will battle in Arrowhead this weekend - only one will live on to battle on.

Brady and the Bucs are beatable, but so too are the Rams. I expect the Rams to steal one in the other Bay.

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

If GB can't win it....well, I probably have lots of rooting interests - KC/Mahomes/Reid getting a 2nd title would be fine with me, I'd be down with long-suffering fans in Buf and Cinci getting titles as well; if I had to pick a team B, if GB isn't going to win I'd probably root for Stafford to get a ring. SF and TB can go hang. 

5 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

If GB can't win it....well, I probably have lots of rooting interests - KC/Mahomes/Reid getting a 2nd title would be fine with me, I'd be down with long-suffering fans in Buf and Cinci getting titles as well; if I had to pick a team B, if GB isn't going to win I'd probably root for Stafford to get a ring. SF and TB can go hang. 

If not the Packers I'd want Buffalo.  Cinci isn't quite ready for prime time.  Loathe KC but if it's not the Packers winning it all it will probably be them.  Wouldn't mine Stafford getting a ring but don't like LA.  Maybe just sour grapes over Odell.  Donald is overrated too.  Stafford will choke against Tampa so doesn't matter.  

As the playoffs proceed the remaining teams have fewer flaws and greater ability to exploit opponents flaws. One of SF's biggest flaws is having a Kirk Cousins-level QB (and with an injured thumb!). They will try to cover that flaw by running the ball relentlessly behind one of their strengths, the O-line. That also exploits one of GB's biggest weaknesses, run defense. This IMHO will be a critical aspect of this game. Can Kenny Clark and his buds on the D-line control the SF running attack? If they can force Jimmy G to throw the ball, advantage Packers. 

Another SF weakness is their secondary. Can the Packers exploit it? With a clean pocket Rodgers and Adams will slice and dice them. Will Bosa play? Will Bahk have the stamina to play a whole game? Is Turner good to go? I will be watching this from the get-go.

This is going to be a fun game to watch as two top coaches sit down to the ultimate football chess match. I think Barry will open with 3 D-linemen and bring a safety up to challenge Jimmy G to throw. SF will probably open with a Tamps 2 defense and challenge GB to run it. 

Can't wait!

• Like 1