Head Coach Candidates

Acgott

33 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I think this is the guy. And I'd be psyched if that was the case. I can't believe he didn't get a head coaching job last year. 

I agree, he’s been the favorite all along, but we saw what happened last time.

I just hope we go outside Scheon’s knowledge base for our assistants. Quinn is the only one that isn’t from Scheon or Patriots.

13 hours ago, Acgott said:

I agree, he’s been the favorite all along, but we saw what happened last time.

I just hope we go outside Scheon’s knowledge base for our assistants. Quinn is the only one that isn’t from Scheon or Patriots.

I know we're scarred from the direction of this franchise for the last 10 years while they happened to stick with what they knew. But hiring someone you have connections with isn't a bad thing. The problem is when they aren't a fit for the role they're being hired for. Garrett didn't have a connection with Judge, yet he failed because he's a bad OC. Being unfamiliar with Judge didn't help him. On the other side, the Giants being familiar with Gettleman obv think help them, either. If we like Daboll as coach, then it's ultimately a positive that he has a connection with Shoen. It'll presumably be less of a learning curve and they will inherently have a higher level of trust. Now, they'll both have to perform well in their duties for any of it to matter.

Edited by w4rrior723
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, Acgott said:

I wonder if this will continue to next week, when they can interview candidates from the final 4.

It technically could, but I don't think it will. I think after the Frazier and Flores interviews on Friday, they name Daboll the head coach on Saturday morning.

4 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

It technically could, but I don't think it will. I think after the Frazier and Flores interviews on Friday, they name Daboll the head coach on Saturday morning.

I hope you are right, but I think they may want to give Lou Anarumo, an in person. He’s the only candidate that won’t get one.

11 minutes ago, Acgott said:

I hope you are right, but I think they may want to give Lou Anarumo, an in person. He’s the only candidate that won’t get one.

If it lasts longer than the weekend, I hope it is because they interview some qualified offensive-oriented candidates from the losing teams this weekend (potentially Mike McDaniel, Kevin O'Connell, Eric Bienemy). Right now, Brian Daboll is the only offensive minded HC candidate we've interviewed. The important thing is getting the right guy, but an offensive right guy is preferable to a defensive right guy.

• Like 2