Head Coach Candidates

Acgott

I think Mike Mcdaniel is the next genius offensive mind in the NFL, so I'm partial to him as the next head coach.

Dan Quinn would be such an uninspiring choice. I want nothing to do with him. His in game decision making makes Joe Judge look like John Harbaugh.

I like Daboll and Flores equally, and I think one of those 2 will be the next head coach here.

• Like 1

Quinn has the experience, but is better suited to the DC role IMO. There was a certain hopelessness that settled around him and the Falcons after 28-3, and it reminds me too much of our current situation.

Flores and Daboll have their good points but are also Belichick guys, and the last one didn't exactly work out.

I guess the new GM is going to pick whoever he wants anyway.

Ehh not feeling Quinn as HC. Would much rather have Daboll or Flores. But really we need an offensive minded HC. I respect defense but this modern NFL is all about offense. Build the line and use these weapons to move the ball. Put an offense on the field that can keep field position in our favor and the Defense will thrive. Going 3 and out and leaving short fields takes away all the defensive leverage. Football is cyclical but the rules favor the offenses so much it's imperative you move the ball consistently. Give your D long fields to defend and magically they become elite. 

2 hours ago, Shockwave said:

Ehh not feeling Quinn as HC. Would much rather have Daboll or Flores. But really we need an offensive minded HC. I respect defense but this modern NFL is all about offense. Build the line and use these weapons to move the ball. Put an offense on the field that can keep field position in our favor and the Defense will thrive. Going 3 and out and leaving short fields takes away all the defensive leverage. Football is cyclical but the rules favor the offenses so much it's imperative you move the ball consistently. Give your D long fields to defend and magically they become elite. 

I don't fully disagree with you, but the more the league tilts towards QBs and passing game, the more valuable a dominant pass-rush is. Imagine the havoc a 4 man rush featuring Strahan, Tuck, Osi would cause on today's offenses. Or a 3-4 defense will dominant pass-rishers on the Edge and a disruptive D-Line. But I do agree that having an offensive minded HC is better. However, assembling a stout D-Line and dynamic pass rushers is going to give offenses serious problems and make it a lot easier for you.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Gmen19851 said:

I think it will be Daboll or Flores.  Interesting, we know Flores wanted Watson in Miami.  The rumor I read is that if Flores is hired, than Bill O'brien would be an OC candidate.  Could reunite BOB and watson?

Nooooo I don't want any part of BOB