Targets

DoleINGout

Bears fan in peace, we are headed for a mini rebuild whether we think so or not. Having said that I've seen some tweets & articles that you guys need an ILB. Roquan Smith is now demanding a quick extension but there are some thoughts on whether he might fit in our new 4-3 which will essentially be a 4-2-5 on most downs. His 5th year option has been exercised at 9.7M. Would you guys consider a trade getting Roquan for your 21st plus restructuring 1-2 contracts to fit him in since your top 51 gives you only 4M of space. You would have to extend him obviously. Thoughts?

27 minutes ago, malagabears said:

Bears fan in peace, we are headed for a mini rebuild whether we think so or not. Having said that I've seen some tweets & articles that you guys need an ILB. Roquan Smith is now demanding a quick extension but there are some thoughts on whether he might fit in our new 4-3 which will essentially be a 4-2-5 on most downs. His 5th year option has been exercised at 9.7M. Would you guys consider a trade getting Roquan for your 21st plus restructuring 1-2 contracts to fit him in since your top 51 gives you only 4M of space. You would have to extend him obviously. Thoughts?

No   Here's  why he doesn't create pressure, that the most important thing they need in the draft. They need to match someone with Barmore such as Wyatt, Davis or Jones.  Smith is a heck of a player however he doesn't fit BB scheme. He's only 6'1" 232. Basically he'd get killed the way BB uses LB-ers filing gaps. Tha'st why he would not take Nakobe Dean         ( never happen)  if he made it all the way to pick 54.

Edited by m haynes

12 minutes ago, m haynes said:

No   Here's  why he doesn't create pressure, that the most important thing they need in the draft. They need to match someone with Barmore such as Wyatt, Davis or Jones.  Smith is a heck of a player however he doesn't fit BB scheme. He's only 6'1" 232. Basically he'd get killed the way BB uses LB-ers filing gaps. Tha'st why he would not take Nakobe Dean         ( never happen)  if he made it all the way to pick 54.

Fair enough but Roquan isn't a pressure LB as he lives in the middle. He creates pressure only on blitzes but the prototype LB you are looking for is an edge defender like Judon.

11 hours ago, malagabears said:

Welcome. I’m a yes on that one, definitely. I’m here desperate for Bill to use 21 on a fast ILB or even just find a way of bringing one in. I’m not sure how fast Roquan is, but I know he’s a good coverage LB and his instincts are really good. He’s the type of player we need, IMO. I would take that offer. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, malagabears said:

Fair enough but Roquan isn't a pressure LB as he lives in the middle. He creates pressure only on blitzes but the prototype LB you are looking for is an edge defender like Judon.

No it's more Hightower, 6'4 270, Bentley 6'2 255. 

In the draft the perfect Pats  LB physically  

Brandon Smith  Penn State 6'3" 244 lbs

Quay Walker  Georgia  6'4 Weight: 240 lbs

11 minutes ago, DaPatsKid98 said:

Armour-Davis screams Patriot. Day 3 guy with huge upside.. give me McCollum in the 3rd and Armour-Davis on day 3 and I'll feel so much better about the future of the Pats secondary. 

That Miami 5th could be a perfect spot to grab him too 2023 3rd for Parker and Armour-Davis 😍

On 4/2/2022 at 5:10 PM, Crimmage said:

Armour-Davis

The knock on him is he lacks confidence in himself.  He sometimes doubt himself on the field. That coaches said that the sky the limit for him if he can gain confidence in his game.

IMO he's everything you need at CB. Don't be surprised if he goes higher in the draft.

Sorry for the life of me I can't find the article.

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I keep hearing people thinking that Davis could still be there at 21.

I don’t see how he gets passed Phillie

Only two reasons for this.

GMs are idiots!

The So- call Draft experts are idiots.

I'm hearing Willis could go as high as 2 in this draft!!!!  Again idiots🤣

Seriously, You mentioned Philly, I also see Chargers taking him, that's if their smart.  He could fall becasue he's not flashy, the same thing that happened to Barmore.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Boy would love this signing. Short money to fill a major need. Short term answer, makes it easier to draft with the run DL position filled.  I still take Davis and Jones but it gives options.  No need to trade up for Davis with package that kills the rest of the Pats draft.