Targets

DoleINGout

4 hours ago, DaPatsKid98 said:

I know the new fad is to get younger and faster on defense… but bare with me… how would you guys feel about Gerald McCoy coming in?

Doesn’t do anything for me tbh. Not as good as Barmore and must be pretty old now? I guess I’d do it super cheap

He would have been a good option.. apparently the Pats put in a "competitive" offer.. who knows. 

I would still go after Bates from Buffalo.. you can hurt a divisional opponent.. he is 25.. and still has potential to get better. That would solidify the inside of your line for the foreseable future. Then you just need to worry about the two tackle spots.. Wynn can survive this last year and they can draft a RT now. I would even be ok with giving Herron/Cajuste a chance at the spot ( fighting it out with a draft pick). I still have believe in Cajuste if he can stay healthy. 

I will be sad when Harris is traded this offseason and Mac has his first Deion Branch moment in the NFL.. the two of them seem close. Either way Harris is gone after this season because BB doesn't pay big money to RB's but Harris will def be missed whenever his time ends. 

Butler may not have anything left in the tank but he is worth a flyer  

1 minute ago, IheartMyV8 said:

Butler was 'uninspiring' his last season here, and given how the benching went, I'm surprised he'd even entertain coming back.

He's likely looking for a 1 yr deal to try and get back in the league. He's got to be 31-32 by now.. maybe he's considering a conversion to safety to try and add a few years to the end of his career. At least in NE they seem to be transitioning to S/CB hybrids like Mills / Bryant so it could make sense

Just now, Crimmage said:

He's likely looking for a 1 yr deal to try and get back in the league. He's got to be 31-32 by now.. maybe he's considering a conversion to safety to try and add a few years to the end of his career. At least in NE they seem to be transitioning to S/CB hybrids like Mills / Bryant so it could make sense

I'll start saving up my "GOD DAMMIT BUTLER"s for the season if he gets signed.