Targets

DoleINGout

1 hour ago, DoleINGout said:

If Saquon is rumored to be worth a fourth round pick, then I think Agholor at best shouldn't be expected to net any higher than a fifth round pick in return.

Sorry I can't see how you can compare a RB with a WR.  IMO Saquon is not worth more than a late 6th or 7th. But we all know there are some dumb ask GM in this league.

I was a GM... I wouldn't touch him with a 100 FT pole.

I just want to bring up last years FA class. 

There was a whole lot of you screaming for Kenny Golladay

$72 million.  Year later that price tag is killing their cap. I don't care is he played. FA in general are NOT WORTH THE MONEY.

When the New York Giants signed wide receiver Kenny Golladay to a four-year, $72 million contract with $40 million guaranteed, expectations were understandably high.

Saquon has constantly been injured. He is 100% a flyer guy at this point.. it's really a shame because he is young but the last two years he's been constantly injured.

Agholor has at least been healthy and you can look back to his time in Vegas where he was used more. The Patriots blatantly used him just to make space in the middle of the field most of the time.. and outside of the OT drop which would have won them the Cowboys game I can't think of any other terrible drops. Especially with Vegas, Ziegler could want him.

The big mistake they made is giving him so much money, if you want a guy who is just going to create space at the X.. go draft one of these track guys on day 3. Tyquan Thorton just ran a 4.2, draft him on day 3 and have him do the same thing Agholor did for a fraction of the price. 

17 hours ago, Crimmage said:

you only save 5M cutting Agholor .. you save 9M trading him. I do believe a team would be willing to trade for him, 1 yr 9M isn't terrible if they believe they can use him better. If I'm a team like the Raiders.. I would trade a 4th for him all day. He has shown he can do well there and they need a replacement for Ruggs. 

Anderson makes no sense unless he is cut 

Agreed- feels like we’d be swapping Agholor for another version of Agholor in that scenario. Not really interested in Robby unless it’s on a cheap deal, not at his current price tag.

6 hours ago, m haynes said:

I just want to bring up last years FA class. 

There was a whole lot of you screaming for Kenny Golladay

$72 million.  Year later that price tag is killing their cap. I don't care is he played. FA in general are NOT WORTH THE MONEY.

When the New York Giants signed wide receiver Kenny Golladay to a four-year, $72 million contract with $40 million guaranteed, expectations were understandably high.

Paying top end free agent money is almost always a failure for the teams that do so. You always overpay ( we can see that from the Patriots last year on a few deals). 

Value free agent signings have always been where the Patriots have historically been successful. Look at Bournes deal, I remember people calling that an overpay... but he was the exact type of deal that projects as a win long term. Not spending top of the market money on a guy

Some Free Agent Corners we should expect to see floated around in the coming weeks: 

• Jason Verret: 30, good when healthy, always injured .. should be a cheap 1 yr deal 
  • Kyle Fuller: 30, was good a couple years ago.. worth a flyer to see if he can be decent here .. doubt he gets another 9M deal.. I'd expect 5M or so
  • Eli Apple: Former top 10 pick, stock as low as it's going to be.. BB's cockiness seems like he would want to get him on a cheap 1yr deal and bring his stock back up. I'd expect him to happily take a cheap 1yr deal to hopefully cash in if he plays well

I wouldn't be surprised if all 3 are brought in tbo.. with a let the best man win scenario. They would be battling with Wade for a starting spot. The goal being that one of them is good enough as a stop gap for a year, allowing Wade and a Rookie to develop enough to take over as starting corners going forward. 

With or without JC, I feel confident BB is going after at least one of Apple and Fuller.. if not both. He loves those " i'm smarter than everyone else" signings 

• Like 1

With JC being the big fish and Gilmore/Hayward being the veteran options, it wouldn’t really surprise me to see Bill go in and pay a guy like Carlton Davis while everyone has eyes elsewhere on Day 1. Might be wishful thinking. Also think Charvarius Ward would be a good fit here too. 

Get the sinking feeling that the WR market dries up and NE either runs it back or makes a lateral move for a deep threat (Fuller, Watkins, someone like that).

28 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

With JC being the big fish and Gilmore/Hayward being the veteran options, it wouldn’t really surprise me to see Bill go in and pay a guy like Carlton Davis while everyone has eyes elsewhere on Day 1. Might be wishful thinking. Also think Charvarius Ward would be a good fit here too. 

Get the sinking feeling that the WR market dries up and NE either runs it back or makes a lateral move for a deep threat (Fuller, Watkins, someone like that).

Unfortunately I think Davis / Ward will still get big money.. because the market isn't that great. 

I think we will see 2-3 cheaper veteran options, bounce back 1yr guys as well as a guy in the draft. 

I'm also not expecting anything at WR.. I think that's 100% a draft fix. 

10 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

Unfortunately I think Davis / Ward will still get big money.. because the market isn't that great. 

I think we will see 2-3 cheaper veteran options, bounce back 1yr guys as well as a guy in the draft. 

The market’s definitely a little dry but I’m not sure I see too many heavy hitters either. Jacksonville and NYJ are sort of it.

I’d be shocked to see Miami pay a third corner like that. The Chargers don’t typically spend like that. Denver’s pretty set (not sure what their cap looks like after Wilson trade). Carolina and Washington might want to? Seattle, Indy, and Pittsburgh aren’t usually big spenders there. Everyone else isn’t exactly flush with cap.

Again, maybe wishful thinking lol.

Just now, DoleINGout said:

Pats are getting one of Allen Robinson and Christian Kirk. Get both? Great but unnecessary. Plenty of other defensive player UFA's worth spending the second stud WR contract money on.

I’d be excited for either, but I sincerely doubt we ante up the dough to get it done.

I’d prefer Kirk out of the two, personally.

However, I think a Jamison Crowder, or Russell Gage is what’s in our future

23 hours ago, Crimmage said:

I'm also not expecting anything at WR.. I think that's 100% a draft fix. 

I'm pretty sure we are not going to sign any WRs in FA and if we pick one in the draft its will be in the late RD flyer.  All this, I know talk, is just fake media crap. Everyone on the net are now experts and inside guys!!! Ya right they all talk with each other and claim inside information. I love  "sources have told me!!! "  and  several thousand others that follow my PAGE.  EX Phil Perry Pats intersest in Mariota, 2 days later its WORLD NEWS!!!

Can you believe this Amari Cooper circus.  Monkey will fly before Coopers signs with the Pats. Seriously 15+ BB going to shell out. Ya right.

ADDED  Just heard. Pats offered Mac Jone and a 3rd for Tray Lance and Deebo. Pats trying to get Deeboo to help Mac !!!!!!!!🤣👌

Edited by m haynes

3 minutes ago, m haynes said:

I'm pretty sure we are not going to sign any WRs in FA and if we pick one in the draft its will be in the late RD flyer. 

Unfortunately that is likely the case.

Things could get interesting though if we see a bunch of veteran players getting cut though.. BB may be able to grab a few for cheap.. but we aren't going to see any 10+ Million dollar contracts im thinking. 

Just turned 27 yesterday.

He was known for his route-running coming out of Penn State.

After three seasons in Denver, he has amassed 81 catches, 833 yards, and 5 touchdowns.

He tore his ACL, during a workout away from team facilities and missed the 2021 season.

Edited by DaPatsKid98

27 minutes ago, DaPatsKid98 said:

Just turned 27 yesterday.

He was known for his route-running coming out of Penn State.

After three seasons in Denver, he has amassed 81 catches, 833 yards, and 5 touchdowns.

He tore his ACL, during a workout away from team facilities and missed the 2021 season.

He seems like a camp body, he had a fast 3 cone but is probably a 4.6 guy. Is he really better than Meyers or just insurance if he somehow leaves?