Dan Moore and the OLine going forward.

DudeWhat???

39 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I’d suggest this: watch his get out at guard and center at Illinois and tell me if it excites you. Watch him pull in the NFL year one vs Mike Pouncey (made the same move) at Florida (same age same time at the position). You see two guys moving wildly different. 

Mike Pouncey was a darn near a finished product when he came out. Green was raw. There's a reason one was a 1st rounder and one was a 3rd rounder. Green shouldn't have been starting this year. He needed refinement. Also, just because Ben said something about him moving to guard doesn't mean everyone has moved on from him at center. But maybe he does move to guard. LIS, I'm not trying to say he's going to be a HOF center. Even at guard he needed a year of refinement. 

Can't believe anyone expected anything different with green then what happened.

He was a lot of people's favorite pick in the draft , but needed time everyone knew that , and he didn't have the luxury of getting time 

Now everyone ready to throw him away 

We have no depth on the dline, lbs bad ...and everyone wants to write off a 3rd round rookie center, that needed time, played bad  

Continue to spend picks on the same positions, ie claypool / Washington / dionte .... Is the reason other groups don't have the depth

Edited by Cbrunn

12 minutes ago, Cbrunn said:

Can't believe anyone expected anything different with green then what happened.

He was a lot of people's favorite pick in the draft , but needed time everyone knew that , and he didn't have the luxury of getting time 

Now everyone ready to throw him away 

We have no depth on the dline, lbs bad ...and everyone wants to write off a 3rd round rookie center, that needed time, played bad  

Continue to spend picks on the same positions, ie claypool / Washington / dionte .... Is the reason other groups don't have the depth

Not ready to throw him away, but I thought looking at his team that there was a bit of a best player on bad line pulling him down. After really watching him this year all my fears of what he needed to work on looked worse than I thought. 

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Mike Pouncey was a darn near a finished product when he came out. Green was raw. There's a reason one was a 1st rounder and one was a 3rd rounder. Green shouldn't have been starting this year. He needed refinement. Also, just because Ben said something about him moving to guard doesn't mean everyone has moved on from him at center. But maybe he does move to guard. LIS, I'm not trying to say he's going to be a HOF center. Even at guard he needed a year of refinement. 

The HC also said something about not ruling out moving him. And JC wasn’t that much better than last year, he was just better than Green. 

My general line with the lines, hand work and arm work can change. But when they struggle with hip and pad level, don’t expect it to change. They’ve played line long enough to have years of working on that. Quite a few evaluations have him as elite backup, below average starter. 

As I’ve said before on him. I would not hesitate to improve on the C position if I can. 

57 minutes ago, August4th said:

I wonder when we'll start interviewing coaches for the OL job

My hope has been that they are just waiting to see who takes the Denver job to know if they retain Munchak and if they don't that we send a quick "you up?" text. 

19 hours ago, warfelg said:

The HC also said something about not ruling out moving him. And JC wasn’t that much better than last year, he was just better than Green. 

My general line with the lines, hand work and arm work can change. But when they struggle with hip and pad level, don’t expect it to change. They’ve played line long enough to have years of working on that. Quite a few evaluations have him as elite backup, below average starter. 

As I’ve said before on him. I would not hesitate to improve on the C position if I can. 

JC is a power blocker and Green is not.  The run blocking improved because there were more power blockers in there.   Could Green become more of an inline blocker?  Yes.  With proper coaching.

• Like 2