2022 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

3 minutes ago, Styrian Raider said:

Again.

We were able to manage it to 10 wins. It doesn't matter if they were one Score Games or sweeps.

Context definitely matters when assessing if a situation is sustainable or not, lol. 9/12 wins in 2016 were by a single score, the following season when things didn't shake our way we won 6 games. Our offense was absolutely abysmal down the stretch of the season and we won games largely in part to playing against backup/mediocre QBs. 

Having blind faith in the offensive line because we won 10 games last season while having some of the worst pass/run blocking in the league is just short sighted. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Context definitely matters when assessing if a situation is sustainable or not, lol. 9/12 wins in 2016 were by a single score, the following season when things didn't shake our way we won 6 games. Our offense was absolutely abysmal down the stretch of the season and we won games largely in part to playing against backup/mediocre QBs. 

Having blind faith in the offensive line because we won 10 games last season while having some of the worst pass/run blocking in the league is just short sighted. 

It's funny that you say that context matters but obviously only when it's your opinion.

I gave you an example why I think that we are competitve with this OL and you come Up with something 6 years ago.

16 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Based on this logic, Carr was top 3 In passing yards with Zay Jones so we didn't need to add Adams.

The Addition of Adams fit with my First post:

The new regime gives every available Player a price Tag. Adams obviously had a high one and the demands from him fitted this price Tag.

Chark for example didn't fit. He probably wanted more Money than we we're willing to pay.

Edited by Styrian Raider

4 minutes ago, Styrian Raider said:

It's funny that you say that context matters but obviously only when it's your opinion.

I gave you an example why I think that we are competitve with this OL and you come Up with something 6 years ago.

The Addition of Adams fit with my First post:

The new regime gives every available Player a price Tag. Adams obviously had a high one and the demands from him fitted this price Tag.

Chark for example didn't fit. He probably wanted more Money than we we're willing to pay.

I'm giving you an example of how we've seen with our own team that winning close games does not usually translate well from season to season. Yes we won 10 games last season but only 3 of them came against teams that made the playoffs, the Steelers, Eagles, and Cowboys. We allowed more points then we scored largely in part to our offense tapering off big time as the year went on because we couldn't protect Carr or run the ball. 

But as you said we were competitive last season with the weapons that we had so there really wasn't any reason to take a big swing on a player like Adams, lol.

UPDATE: 

The compensation for Jayon Brown, Jermaine Eluemenor, and Duron Harmon’s deals were posted to their OvertheCap pages:

Jayon Brown, LB: 1yr, 1.035m salary (500k guaranteed) plus 125k Signing Bonus plus 64.6k in active game bonuses (might be higher and 64.6k is the likely to be achieved  amount based upon being active 10 games last year) plus 25.4k in workout bonuses = cap hit of 1.2334M.  Being that he replaced a 935k player in the top 51, his signing reduces the cap $288.4K

https://overthecap.com/player/jayon-brown/5741/

Duron Harmon, S: 1yr, 1.12m salary (580k guaranteed) plus $76,250 signing bonus and $76,250 workout bonus.  Cap number is $1,047,500 and he replaces a $935k player in the top 51 So he reduces the cap $112,500.

https://overthecap.com/player/duron-harmon/740/

UPDATED SECTION:

https://overthecap.com/player/jermaine-eluemunor/5745/

Jermaine Eluemenor, OL:  1yr, 1,238,600 cap hit with salary of 1,035,000 plus $120,400 signing bonus and 30k workout bonus and active game bonuses of 64.6k.  He replaces a player in the top 51 whose cap hit was $935k so he reduces the available cap space $303,600.

According to Spotrac, our cap number without those last 3 was….. $7,481,236

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/las-vegas-raiders/cap/

$7,481,236

- $288,400 Brown

- $112,500 Harmon

- $303,600 Eluemenor

—————-

$6,776,636

Plus,,, after June 1 we get $11.0M from Littleton Release and $7.75m from Nassib release = $18.75M

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Seen some speculation that we may bring Desean Jackson back

Wouldn’t be mad at all. Would like to see him in the burner role with a whole off-season with the team under his belt. Not depending on him to be old Desean by any means, but think he could be good depth and the down field threat we all want. He wouldn’t have to be the #1 like we wanted when he was signed last year and could be primarily used as a take the top off guy at a low cost that doesn’t require us to lose more draft capital from an already bare cupboard. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

Wouldn’t be mad at all. Would like to see him in the burner role with a whole off-season with the team under his belt. Not depending on him to be old Desean by any means, but think he could be good depth and the down field threat we all want. He wouldn’t have to be the #1 like we wanted when he was signed last year and could be primarily used as a take the top off guy at a low cost that doesn’t require us to lose more draft capital from an already bare cupboard. 

I wouldn't mind bringing him back either, does Robinson play special teams though? Our WR room would be what? Adams/Renfrow/Edwards/Robinson/Jackson/Hollins. 

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I wouldn't mind bringing him back either, does Robinson play special teams though? Our WR room would be what? Adams/Renfrow/Edwards/Robinson/Jackson/Hollins. 

Not sure on Robinson but I do believe that would be where our WR room shakes out at if he is brought back. For me it would just all rely on the price point. 

Starters or players who still interest me: 

WR: Beckham, Will Fuller, Julio Jones, Sammy Watkins, Keelan Cole, AJ Green, Emmanuel Sanders, TY Hilton, John Brown

RT: Germaine Ifedi, Brandon Shell, Daryl Williams, Erik Fisher,  NATE SOLDER,  Bobby Massie, Riley Reiff, Marcus Cannon, Mike Remmers, Cam Fleming, Dennis Kelly 

G: Flowers, Duvernay Tardiff, Trai Turner

DL: Akeim Hicks, Calais CampbellClowney, Carlos Dunlap ,Takk McKinnely,  Eddie Goldman, Star Lotulelei, Sheldon Richardson, Malik Jackson, Justin Houston, Melvin ingram, Jerry Hughes, Rasheem Green,  Benson Mayowa, Trey Flowers, Morgan Fox, Everson Griffin, Jason Pierre-Paul, Mario Addison, Philon, Gerald McCoy

LB: Bobby Wagner, Anthony Barr, Joe Shobert, AJ Klein, Kenny Young, Rashaan Evans, Kyle Van Noy, Donta Hightower, Alec Ogletree, Reggie Ragland, Anthony Hitchens

CB: Gillmore, Steven Nelson, Bryce Callahan 

S: Landon Collins, Jaquiski Tartt, Terrell Edmunds, Deshaun Elliot, Rodney McLeod, Ronnie Harrison, Kareem Jackson, Keanu Neal

*bold means strong interest