2022 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

Yeah Lucas looks really good in pass pro. I think if we can find a nice player at LB/OT/DT in the 3rd/4th, that will be a big win. 2 of them, even better.

I personally don't think LB is a huge need early in the draft anymore. We'll almost always have 2 LB's on the field and most of those snaps will likely go to Perryman/Deablo/Brown plus that other guy we just signed from the Rams. 

I was hoping for more of a NT in the middle rounds but with Hankins back I think I'd prefer Zach Carter or Mathis.

Hankins is underrated with us IMO. We as fans are always talking about replacing him and all he does is come in and do the job and well. Luckily we've never overpayed as it seems he's underrated by many in the NFL. Got a big payday from Indy then cut and we've had him ever since. Lucky US.  😃

I liked him coming out of college as he was projected as a NT/DE in 3/4 and DT in 4/3 so I think he's an excellent resign but that doesn't mean we don't get a NT/DT in the 3rd/4th. He's got flexibility so even if the rookie could beat him out, he can play at another position in certain situations. Big Hank welcome back...

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, G said:

Hankins is underrated with us IMO. We as fans are always talking about replacing him and all he does is come in and do the job and well. Luckily we've never overpayed as it seems he's underrated by many in the NFL. Got a big payday from Indy then cut and we've had him ever since. Lucky US.  😃

I liked him coming out of college as he was projected as a NT/DE in 3/4 and DT in 4/3 so I think he's an excellent resign but that doesn't mean we don't get a NT/DT in the 3rd/4th. He's got flexibility so even if the rookie could beat him out, he can play at another position in certain situations. Big Hank welcome back...

exactly. Besides Hankins, our other Dts just cared about generating pass rush anyway

Edited by Humble_Beast

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I personally don't think LB is a huge need early in the draft anymore. We'll almost always have 2 LB's on the field and most of those snaps will likely go to Perryman/Deablo/Brown plus that other guy we just signed from the Rams. 

I was hoping for more of a NT in the middle rounds but with Hankins back I think I'd prefer Zach Carter or Mathis.

Really the only LB that may have been in our range that excited me was Damone Clark. His surgery takes him off of my board though, absent maybe a 7th round flier. 

Anyone else is sort of "meh" level depth at LB, imo, and we're already fairly deep there as is. 

I echo you on the NT and still want one. Ferrell, Ellis, Ogbannia are all on my radar. 

50 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Really the only LB that may have been in our range that excited me was Damone Clark. His surgery takes him off of my board though, absent maybe a 7th round flier. 

Anyone else is sort of "meh" level depth at LB, imo, and we're already fairly deep there as is. 

I echo you on the NT and still want one. Ferrell, Ellis, Ogbannia are all on my radar. 

Speaking of Clark. Interested late? Could redshirt one year, be like drafting a early round pick in the 7th 

One move I would make before the draft is the following:

• Dump Denzel Good 4m salary for Ereck Flowers salary of 6-7m. 
  • Our interior lineman could use a boost 
  • Flowers is younger, better 
  • Flowers was only cut for salary, he is a really good guard. Could open holes for in the run game
  • Good could be brought back june1. He is a minimum player at this point, coming off major injury and over 30. 
  • IF the plan is to keep Leatherwood at RT, then we need more talent on the interior. Add Flowers and draft a guard in the 3rd. Boom. 
  • If the above moves happen, all our lineman would be in our 20s 
  • Flowers is just there for the taking. We need to make a MOVE.
Edited by Humble_Beast

3 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

There are a couple of LB's that I like I just don't really see any of them seeing the field a ton as rookies. Clark's spinal injury may push him off of teams boards entirely. 

And yeah a young, good NT would be nice to add so we don't have to keep bringing Hankins back on 1 year deals, lol.

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

One move I would make before the draft is the following:

• Dump Denzel Good 4m salary for Ereck Flowers salary of 6-7m. 
  • Our interior lineman could use a boost 
  • Flowers is younger, better 
  • Flowers was only cut for salary, he is a really good guard. Could open holes for in the run game
  • Good could be brought back june1. He is a minimum player at this point, coming off major injury and over 30. 
  • IF the plan is to keep Leatherwood at RT, then we need more talent on the interior. Add Flowers and draft a guard in the 3rd. Boom. 
  • If the above moves happen, all our lineman would be in our 20s 
  • Flowers is just there for the taking. We need to make a MOVE.

I think between Good, Eluemenuor, Simpson, Leatherwood, and Mays we are fine on the interior OL. If we were going to move on from Good I think we would've already done it and used those $4M elsewhere in the first couple waves of free agency. 

40 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think between Good, Eluemenuor, Simpson, Leatherwood, and Mays we are fine on the interior OL. If we were going to move on from Good I think we would've already done it and used those $4M elsewhere in the first couple waves of free agency. 

thats probably one of the least talented group of lineman in the league.. smh.. I know the coaching should be better, but asking for trouble. 

3 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

thats probably one of the least talented group of lineman in the league.. smh.. I know the coaching should be better, but asking for trouble. 

Good has played well for us in the past and Leatherwood was just a 1st round pick. I don't think that Flowers is going to be the difference between our OL being terrible or average, lol.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

There are a couple of LB's that I like I just don't really see any of them seeing the field a ton as rookies. Clark's spinal injury may push him off of teams boards entirely. 

And yeah a young, good NT would be nice to add so we don't have to keep bringing Hankins back on 1 year deals, lol.

Yeah I like Tindall, Andersen, and Domann a lot. 

7 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Speaking of Clark. Interested late? Could redshirt one year, be like drafting a early round pick in the 7th 

I want to say yes sooooo badly. 

But spinal fusion is no joke. 

If he manages to fall into the 6th/7th, I'd probably bite just in case. The difference between 6th and UDFA is minimal, so securing his rights wouldn't be a bad idea. 

God dang I feel for the guy though. He was probably really a 2nd round talent at LB.