2022 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

3 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

I want to say yes sooooo badly. 

But spinal fusion is no joke. 

If he manages to fall into the 6th/7th, I'd probably bite just in case. The difference between 6th and UDFA is minimal, so securing his rights wouldn't be a bad idea. 

God dang I feel for the guy though. He was probably really a 2nd round talent at LB. 

Actually an UDFA can garner a better contract than a 6th or 7th. It was not long ago that Collins stated after being cleared of the murder charges that he would not play unless either taken by round 3 or signed as a free agent. Because of contract differences.

1 hour ago, BigD1123 said:

Actually an UDFA can garner a better contract than a 6th or 7th. It was not long ago that Collins stated after being cleared of the murder charges that he would not play unless either taken by round 3 or signed as a free agent. Because of contract differences.

Give Adam Anderson an UDFA deal

these free agents interest me; maybe not on Raiders but very interested in where they go. All could have a big impact 

RB: M Gordon 

WR: Will Fuller, Beckham, AB

T: Eric Fisher, Daryl Williams, Riley Reiff

G: Ereck Flowers, Trai Turner

DT: Akiem Hicks, Larry Ogunjobi, Eddie Goldman, Sheldon Richardson, Suh

Edge: Clowney, Trey Flowers, Justin Houston, Jerry Hughes, Melvin Ingram, Mario Addison,    Carlos Dunlap 

LB:  Joe Schobert, Anthony Barr, Kyle Van Noy

CB: Gillmore, Steven Nelson

S: Honey Badger, Landon Collins , Deshon Elliot, Terrell Edmunds

Edited by Humble_Beast

On 4/3/2022 at 1:02 AM, NYRaider said:

Give Adam Anderson an UDFA deal

Anderson would be an amazing UDFA signing… on the Le’al Collins level…. IF he’s acquitted.

You think he beats the case?  Current FA Alexander Johnson (MLB) whose had a few good years with Denver since getting back into the league,  had one during his senior year at Tennessee in November 2014 and went from a late 2nd/4th pick to Undrafted.  It took until July 2018 for him to be acquitted.  He pretty quickly got signed by Denver and while he only played 1 games in 2018 he has started in ‘19-‘21.

Last month his attorney filed a motion to dismiss…. which seems like pretty standard legal maneuvering in a case of this magnitude if there isn’t heavy evidence.

Teams must be investigating the case and remaining interested pending the outcome because 17 teams showed up to his private pro day that was held right after the Georgia Pro-Day.  “Anderson measured 6’4″, 237 pounds, and timed the 40 in the mid 4.5s. He also touched 39 inches in the vertical jump and 11’1″ in the broad jump” - pro football network.  The presiding judge gave Anderson permission to travel to attend Georgia’s Pro Day but he was uninvited.  Police are also investigating a case in another Georgia county exactly one year earlier.  

honestly, I don’t see this case being disposed of favorably for Anderson so quickly as to allow him to play in 2022.  The prosecutor will stretch this out as long as possible… even if the evidence is weak.   It only helps his negotiating stance.

On 4/7/2022 at 9:32 PM, Humble_Beast said:

a  guy who could be cheap and I haven't seen mentioned is Rasheem Green. Still only 24, and is a big DE at 6'4 280. Had 6.5 sacks last year, could make us 2 deep at 3-4 DE's. Would compete with Ferrell for playing time

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rasheem_Green

How has he not signed yet?  Still only 24yo, turns 25 in a little over a month.

On 4/9/2022 at 9:25 AM, Humble_Beast said:

these free agents interest me; maybe not on Raiders but very interested in where they go. All could have a big impact 

Edge: Clowney, Trey Flowers, Justin Houston, Jerry Hughes, Melvin Ingram, Mario Addison,    Carlos Dunlap 

I'm surprised that no one has signed Melvin Gordon yet. I'd guess that Fuller ends up in Cleveland with Deshaun Watson.

On 4/9/2022 at 11:25 AM, Humble_Beast said:

4 potential starters. 

I'd be happy to just grab 2 of them on cheap deals.