2022 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

1 minute ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

We need him very badly. This would be a very impactful signing. Hopefully not too pricy but it'd be worth it

As I said in a different thread, a Bradberry, Mullen, Ya-Sin, Hobbs, Averette, Amik, etc corp looks pretty damn good imo. Best we've had on paper since... Scrabble/Hall? Lol.

How the Raiders handle this will be telling. Don’t have the space right now but could make it work with a restructure. Mullen seems to be always hurt and is a FA after this season. Ya-Sin will always be a FA after this season. Would be smart to get a CB who you know for sure will be with the team past this year.  

• Like 1

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

As I said in a different thread, a Bradberry, Mullen, Ya-Sin, Hobbs, Averette, Amik, etc corp looks pretty damn good imo. Best we've had on paper since... Scrabble/Hall? Lol.

Lost me at Hall. Dude still lost looking for Eddie Royal 

• Like 2

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

Accompany it w/ Maxx's and Jone's ability to get to the QB and I'm absolutely loving it.

No comment on Hall.... none :) lol

I remember that 2008 secondary being so highly touted before the season. Nnamdi broke out, Hall was a "big name", we signed Super Bowl S Gibril Wilson, former high pick Michael Huff.... woof what a mess that turned out to be.

That was pretty early in my Raider fandom but I remember being so hyped about it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

FIFY

The guy made a living off getting burnt and getting INTs that were gifts. He was truly a bad CB.

Lol true but that was his initial impression on the fan base and man on MNF as well. Just knew right away that something was up

• Like 1

Thinking out loud. If Bradberry does end up signing. I wonder if they would move Hobbs to safety. You ain’t getting all 4 of them on the field at once majority of the time. Unless you move one of them to safety and Hobbs seems like the best fit to do so. Can’t shake what he did with Logan Ryan and not think he wouldn’t do it here possibly if the chance came 

1 minute ago, agarcia34 said:

Thinking out loud. If Bradberry does end up signing. I wonder if they would move Hobbs to safety. You ain’t getting all 4 of them on the field at once majority of the time. Unless you move one of them to safety and Hobbs seems like the best fit to do so. Can’t shake what he did with Logan Ryan and not think he wouldn’t do it here possibly if the chance came 

Hobbs looked so good at CB last year I'd hate to stunt his development by moving him to S. Having too many CB's is a very good "problem" to have.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Hobbs looked so good at CB last year I'd hate to stunt his development by moving him to S. Having too many CB's is a very good "problem" to have.

I don’t think we really know if Hobbs is actually that good yet. The role he played in Bradley’s D was so straight flared - just playing the curl flat on any passing down. It took away any meaningful assessment of his overall coverage ability.

Not to say that’s the be all end all, but we actually don’t have a particularly large sample size of his coverage ability.

Also saw some stuff that the Pats might be interested in moving on from Agholor. That would be something to revisit. Would mean that you would move on from Edwards and that process but it would signal a win now approach that we seen all offseason. That would be some type of offense