2022 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

38 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I was the first one on here that brought up Chark as our top WR target and my stance has not changed.  He should be our top WR target based on age, upside and value.  I have a feeling we will get him!

It’s not even just that. We don’t have a red zone threat at wide receiver. He would fill that

40 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

It’s not even just that. We don’t have a red zone threat at wide receiver. He would fill that

No doubt!  Chark is the real deal.  6'4, 4.35 40, 25 years old, large wing span, great hands.... 

What's not to love here.  He will have a large market lobbing for his services. 

I feel like we can offer him a pretty good financial deal and he knows he will be playing with a QB who can get him the ball.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I was the first one on here that brought up Chark as our top WR target and my stance has not changed.  He should be our top WR target based on age, upside and value.  I have a feeling we will get him!

makes more sense, due to the long end speed. A little risky, as Robinson is a bit of an unknown. 

3 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

makes more sense, due to the long end speed. A little risky, as Robinson is a bit of an unknown. 

The only risk is his injury history but other than that he would be a better signing than ARob.  I am assuming we can sign Chark to a 3 year deal worth around 39 million.  Injury history, other quality FA WR's and this draft class being deep at WR all will effect how much he commands on the FA market.  If we can get his for around 13 per year I would not hesitate at all.  

I learned this evening we only have 17m until June 1...smh.. be lucky to sign one big splash. Only guys I'll throw money at are: 

WR: Arob, DJ Chark - wouldn't go crazy on DJ

T:  Morgan Moses, JoeNoteboom, 

G: Austin Corbett, Laken Tomlinson, Alex Cappa

DT: Larry Ogunjobi, Akeim Hicks, Folorunso Fatukas, Sebastian Joseph Day, Calais Campbell

CB: JC Jackson, Carlton Davis, Charvarius Ward, Donte Jackson

S: Honey Badger, Marcus Williams

everyone else, just look for the value

7 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

I thought Edwards would have a much bigger impact in the redzone. Big body WR who seems to be good at contested catches, maybe just our playcalling was insipid?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, RaisinBran said:

I feel like I know the response this is going to get (don't kill me)....but if the Cowboys release Amari Cooper where does he end up? Do we consider bringing him back if the price is right? Not sure his time with us ended on good terms lol and obviously he disappears at times...but he's very talented no doubt.

I don't think that we can afford him. I'd guess he ends up with the Eagles, Patriots, or Colts.

6 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I learned this evening we only have 17m until June 1...smh.. be lucky to sign one big splash. Only guys I'll throw money at are: 

WR: Arob, DJ Chark - wouldn't go crazy on DJ

T:  Morgan Moses, JoeNoteboom, 

G: Austin Corbett, Laken Tomlinson, Alex Cappa

DT: Larry Ogunjobi, Akeim Hicks, Folorunso Fatukas, Sebastian Joseph Day, Calais Campbell

CB: JC Jackson, Carlton Davis, Charvarius Ward, Donte Jackson

S: Honey Badger, Marcus Williams

everyone else, just look for the value

And we have to save $5M for our draft picks so we really only have $12M to work with.

6 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

The only risk is his injury history but other than that he would be a better signing than ARob.  I am assuming we can sign Chark to a 3 year deal worth around 39 million.  Injury history, other quality FA WR's and this draft class being deep at WR all will effect how much he commands on the FA market.  If we can get his for around 13 per year I would not hesitate at all.  

Nelly got $12M last year when the cap was way down. Chark on $12/13M APY would be a good value signing. 

• Like 1