Fire Maurice Drayton And Give MLF, Gute and Murphy The Ultimatum

LLcheesehead12

53 minutes ago, StinkySauce said:

Some of this is on Rodgers, but not as much as some of you seem to think.  The defense played great.  Special teams cost us almost all of SFs points.  I don’t know, maybe all of them.  We all think the offense should have put up better numbers.  But it’s crazy to think the numbers were going to be great last night.  The only player that could catch the ball consistently on either team was Adams. Even Kittle bricked one.  Routes were bad. Conditions were bad.  Maybe Rodgers should have been better, but he wasn’t the reason they lost.

GTFO, he was absolutely a reason they lost.

• Like 3

On 1/23/2022 at 3:04 AM, StatKing said:

Gute squandered our best chance at a ring these last two years sitting on his ***. I'll miss him greatly, but I hope Rodgers leaves this off-season. He has no shot at winning another ring here before he retires. The Packers have clearly shown they have no interest in trying to build around him and are more concerned about the future than the present. Let Gute roll with his boy next season, we'll see how good he feels about his job security when fans are calling for his head midway through the season.

No interest in building around him? Dude they got as much talent built around him as any team in the NFL.

On 1/23/2022 at 4:01 AM, Isherwood said:

This is a post I would expect from someone who didn’t watch tonight’s game. Gute’s FO built the defense that held them to 6 points. Rodgers “led” (threw dirt balls) the offense that scored a mere 10 points. The road to succession after Rodgers is probably going to be rough, but I don’t see much merit in doing 2019-2022 again. If we’re going to suck, I want it to at least look a little different. 

Agreed.

On 1/23/2022 at 7:29 AM, AlexGreen#20 said:

What possible part of my ranting and raving gives you the impression I'm anything other than enraged by this outcome?

We had a roster with a pro bowl caliber LT, RT, LG, WR1, RB, TE1, NT, LOLB, ROLB, ILB, CB1, and CB2. Admittedly, some of these guys were hurt, that's gonna happen. That's life in the NFL. You need your studs to overcome. We didn't. 

There is ZERO excuse about anything roster related for this performance. 

I'm so lost how he said in one post, all we did was prepare for the future instead of building around Aaron, oh but also our roster for the future is terrible because all our good players are going to be gone.

Yeah, makes sense.

Everyone out that dude on ignore already so he goes away. 

• Like 2

On 1/23/2022 at 4:17 AM, StatKing said:

It's sad how happy you are over your team losing simply because you hate one player. These clowns we got running the show are going to be exposed real quick once Rodgers leaves. Gonna have a roster full of Deguaras and Amari Rodgers to try and hold down the fort. Good luck with that. I'm prepared for the Packers dark ages, are you?

Amari R has so far mostly been relegated to punt returns which is not where he should be.  I'm willing to give him a little leeway to develop as a WR because he still might pan out even if he's no Justin Jefferson.

But Deguara and EqSB have definitely got to go.  They wouldn't be starting on a single other roster in this league.

I think the only thing you can say negatively about this roster was the over-allocation to the RB position.

Aaron Jones is not a special player.  He's not much better than Eli Mitchell or Kareem Hunt or AJ Dillon.

So we have a 2nd round pick, and a $8M/year guy as our 2nd and 3rd best skill guys on the team.

MLF tried with the 2 RB package, but neither guy is a very proficient run-blocker, so schematically it doesn't make a ton of sense unless you REALLY want to stress the defense in the flats?

Looking at the contract Jones signed, it's a pretty low cap charge for this year.  Next year is a bit of a beast though

Edited by skibrett15

14 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

GTFO, he was absolutely a reason they lost.

13 points should've been enough to win comfy. Why can't you accept that?

Should we go back and take away his 2010 ring cause he only put up 10 and 14 pts against the Bears in two do or die games?

I'm pissed he wasn't better too, but he was good enough to win. The ST turned a win into a loss, absolutely simple as that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

I think the only thing you can say negatively about this roster was the over-allocation to the RB position.

Aaron Jones is not a special player.  He's not much better than Eli Mitchell or Kareem Hunt or AJ Dillon.

So we have a 2nd round pick, and a $8M/year guy as our 2nd and 3rd best skill guys on the team.

MLF tried with the 2 RB package, but neither guy is a very proficient run-blocker, so schematically it doesn't make a ton of sense unless you REALLY want to stress the defense in the flats?

Looking at the contract Jones signed, it's a pretty low cap charge for this year.  Next year is a bit of a beast though

I don't know how you look at that surface in Dec/Jan we play on year after year and say we're over-allocated at RB. 

Unless our goal is to stop getting HFA, we need to be able to run the hell out of the football in adverse conditions.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I'm pissed he wasn't better too, but he was good enough to win. The ST turned a win into a loss, absolutely simple as that.

This.  he didn't throw the back breaking INT, he didn't fumble the ball on his own side.  He didn't make any losing plays, and Jimmy G absolutely Did!

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I don't know how you look at that surface in Dec/Jan we play on year after year and say we're over-allocated at RB. 

Unless our goal is to stop getting HFA, we need to be able to run the hell out of the football in adverse conditions.

We hardly game-planned to run the hell out of the ball though.  Patrick Taylor never got a touch once Dillon went out.

Seems this whole offensive philosophy isn't willing to view guys as replacement parts.  Plans go out the window with 1-2 injuries.

Just now, skibrett15 said:

We hardly game-planned to run the hell out of the ball though.  Patrick Taylor never got a touch once Dillon went out.

Seems this whole offensive philosophy isn't willing to view guys as replacement parts.  Plans go out the window with 1-2 injuries.

LaFleur choked just as hard as Aaron when he lost Dillon. I'll 100% say that. If you don't trust Patrick Taylor than he shouldn't have been RB3. Not running the ball when Jones got tired is just as much of a factor as Rodgers performance IMO.

• Like 1

On 1/23/2022 at 8:49 AM, Outpost31 said:

It’s 2020, not 1990.

It doesn’t take 5 years to recover from missing on a QB.

For the fourth time against the same team Aaron Rodgers just laid an egg and you still can’t see that he is not the type of QB who can get you a Super Bowl win?

I really don’t know how some of you do it.

I will say it again… Aaron Rodgers will never win another Super Bowl.

Well let's see, how long did it take KC to find Mahomes, or Buffalo to find Josh Allen?  Look at what's happened in Chicago since Jim McMahon retired, or the Jets who haven't had one elite QB since ... I don't know, Joe Namath?

The year being 1990 or 2020 has nothing to do with anything.  Great QBs come at as much a premium now as they did then.

Having said that, the clock may be just about run out on Rodgers, but I guarantee you we move on and we had better prepared to spend about 3 draft picks or at least one high profile free agent signing on a QB.  Might want to hope the Raiders would be willing to part ways with Derek Carr and give him to us before he gets too old.