Jones neither scoring nor getting OB

Chucking it Deep to doubled Adams

Missing Adams vs Norman

Drop by Deguara

Sack 1

Sack 2

Underthrowing Jones

Rest of sacks

The goal of the offense in a football game is to score points. It isn't to not turn the ball over.

Rodgers needed to be given this Picard speech

https://youtu.be/t4A-Ml8YHyM

Just now, Norm said:

I'm mostly with you but these plays are so much more noticeable than us not seeing him miss an open guy to throw to. 

He was 20/29 after all was said and done

nit pick all you want but even with 5 sacks counting as passes, 20/34 passing the ball is fine.  It's not great but it's completely fine.

Lazard had a false start on 3rd and 3 - easily as bad as some of these sacks.  1 of the sacks was a 0 yard scramble.

Another sack was on the FG block drive in the red zone with no TOs and 26 seconds.  Pretty unlikely they score there even if he throws it away.

Kelly had a false start on 2nd and goal from the 5.  huge negative play.

Sack on 3rd and goal from the 8 - nobody open.

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The goal of the offense in a football game is to score points. It isn't to not turn the ball over.

Rodgers needed to be given this Picard speech

https://youtu.be/t4A-Ml8YHyM

lots of players other than rodgers prevented rodgers from their scoring more points.  I've highlighted many of them, but your tunnel vision is working overtime

1 minute ago, skibrett15 said:

He was 20/29 after all was said and done

nit pick all you want but even with 5 sacks counting as passes, 20/34 passing the ball is fine.  It's not great but it's completely fine.

Lazard had a false start on 3rd and 3 - easily as bad as some of these sacks.  1 of the sacks was a 0 yard scramble.

Another sack was on the FG block drive in the red zone with no TOs and 26 seconds.  Pretty unlikely they score there even if he throws it away.

Kelly had a false start on 2nd and goal from the 5.  huge negative play.

Sack on 3rd and goal from the 8 - nobody open.

He had a sub 7 ANY/A .I don't love the stat but he had a QBR of 19.1.

He wasn't fine. 

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

He had a sub 7 ANY/A .I don't love the stat but he had a QBR of 19.1.

He wasn't fine. 

He certainly didn't make the game un-losable with his play.

If that is your standard for QB play in the playoffs, I guess you can make this case.

There were a lot of plays and points left on the field for the offense.  If I had to assign blame it's 25% rodgers execution, 25% coaching plan and in-game strategy, 50% other offense players execution.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

lots of players other than rodgers prevented rodgers from their scoring more points.  I've highlighted many of them, but your tunnel vision is working overtime

Of course other players had negative impact plays. It's a team sport. 

But none of those players have the same disproportional impact on offense and team success. And Rodgers took that disproportional impact and turned it into a net negative. 

The ST errors weren't a repetitive ****up by one guy. They were singular mistakes by different players.

Rodgers is unique in that his negative plays were repetitive.

2 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

If that is your standard for QB play in the playoffs, I guess you can make this case.

There were a lot of plays and points left on the field for the offense.  If I had to assign blame it's 25% rodgers execution, 25% coaching plan and in-game strategy, 50% other offense players execution.

Even if we say all of that is true. With his paycheck and his influence, average doesn't cut it. 

He's not Jared Goff. 

He needs to play great. He was barely average if that.

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Of course other players had negative impact plays. It's a team sport. 

But none of those players have the same disproportional impact on offense and team success. And Rodgers took that disproportional impact and turned it into a net negative. 

The ST errors weren't a repetitive ****up by one guy. They were singular mistakes by different players.

Rodgers is unique in that his negative plays were repetitive.

Just seems like piling on

GB should have gotten out of this game where "the D won it for em in a defensive struggle"

Everyone saying he should have thrown it to someone besides Davante/Jones is putting their head in the sand when the fact is WHEN he targeted Davante it was exceptionally successful!

The bad plays were when he didn't target Davante!  Targetting Davante and Jones was the only "play" they tried, and it's also the only play that worked.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

I agree with @AlexGreen#20here. He’s the mvp making the big bucks, he needs to lift the team up. 

He didn’t make any of the losing plays, but he also didn’t make any big ones. He didn’t and hasn’t put his team on his back when it mattered for a long time. 

How hard is it to teach a player to block for a FG?

How hard is it to put a plan together to block for a punt attempt?

The entire offense played poorly.  rodgers stunk up the joint.  MLF outcoached himself with the OL moves- the lineup we went with was not smart.

Lost in all of this is that the Packers should have won that football game if they simply execute a couple of the easiest things to do in the sport.

The entire organizations approach to ST needs to change dramatically.    The coaching staff needs to get changed out.  They need to pay up for someone with proven results.   They need to consider them when making roster decisions, and they need to give them sufficient practice time.  We have been ridiculously bad for at least the last 10 years.    This year the Packers were the worst performing ST unit I can recall seeing in decades.   We supposedly have a strong roster and yet put out the inept performance we saw yesterday.     

The ST performance cannot be lost in all of the vitiol over the offensive performance.   That is not excusing the offensive performance, because it also wasn't good enough.

• Like 2

Just now, Rainmaker90 said:

but he also didn’t make any big ones.

he made a play to Jones late in the first and a deep crosser to Davante for 25.

The only argument I'm fighting here is "Rodgers is the reason we lost"

Clearly he's part of the losing effort.  By my measure his play was like the 3rd or 4th biggest reason.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Just seems like piling on

GB should have gotten out of this game where "the D won it for em in a defensive struggle"

Everyone saying he should have thrown it to someone besides Davante/Jones is putting their head in the sand when the fact is WHEN he targeted Davante it was exceptionally successful!

The bad plays were when he didn't target Davante!  Targetting Davante and Jones was the only "play" they tried, and it's also the only play that worked.

The last paragraph is completely false in every sense.  To begin with we had running plays that worked.  You need to concentrate on the plays that Rodg chooses to ignore resulting in a failed play.  Go back and watch the game again and focus on the complete field.  Rodg left open receivers all over that field.  Always looking for Adams or the 40 yard play instead of a chains mover.  Not just the last play by any means, that one was simply the most glaring.  Throwing deep to a smothered receiver in double coverage and then throwing a poor ball that receiver had no shot at on top of it all.  When you had Lazard wide open in what must have been a broken coverage for a big gain and an easy 1st down.

That has been the classic Rodg post season move.  12 left 3 TD's in the toilet that were waiting to be made last year against the Bucs and he manages to take credit for scoring how many points Saturday?  

What puzzles me is he looks like he's moving in slow motion in the pocket as he focuses on one man.  If you saw the Bills-Chiefs yesterday you watched QB's that seem to play with a whole lot more urgency.

He is paid elite money, I expect elite results and especially so post season.  1-4 in NFC Championship games, 0-7 in playoff games when behind at half time, 0-4 vs. the 49'ers post season.  Starter for 14 season with one Super Bowl visit yet on many Super Bowl caliber teams including the last two.

Edited by 15412
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

The ST performance cannot be lost in all of the vitiol over the offensive performance.   That is not excusing the offensive performance, because it also wasn't good enough.

No one is excusing the ST and saying it's just the offense that failed, that would be laughable. However, there are posters saying it's only the ST fault and that the offense did enough, which is equally as laughable. Both phases failed hard.

3 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

he made a play to Jones late in the first and a deep crosser to Davante for 25.

The only argument I'm fighting here is "Rodgers is the reason we lost"

Clearly he's part of the losing effort.  By my measure his play was like the 3rd or 4th biggest reason.

I agree with this. What I've been saying throughout is the offense was sub par - and I dont attribute that to a shut down San Fran D. The targets.....I simply cant explain. I see other QBs winging the ball all over. As you know, I've felt our WR corp "secondary" in every phase other than Davante. We needed a dominant #2 - at least. A somewhat reliable TE would have come in handy as well. 

It's time to move on. We'd dissected this frog to the point there's nothing left but goo.