Fire Maurice Drayton And Give MLF, Gute and Murphy The Ultimatum

LLcheesehead12

15 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

WR/TE talent is pretty far down the list of reasons GB lost to SF (other than the Lewis fumble).  The film shows pretty clearly that Rodgers had guys to thrown to on many of the plays where he was force the ball to Adams and Jones.  The receivers not named Adams can't produce if Rodgers isn't going to throw them the ball when they are open.

Stop posting it's all deaf ears brah. They can go be Denver fans and cry when he does this again to keep his comp % up

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Howler said:

Poor spacing, lack of play creativity and route depth were other major issues discovered in the All 22. Not having a YAC specialty WR sorta explains why the ball was being forced to Jones so much.

Yes, Rodgers relies on Adams far too much from a presnap perspective, but it's not like there are many options available.

I can't take people who say blanketed statements like " Rodgers just stares down Adams" very seriously. It's such a simplistic analysis its almost comical. Like they have any clue what his first read is or how the design of the play is coached by Lafleur and Hackett. QBs cannot account for blown coverages pre-snap. If a safety is lined up over the top in cover 2 playing the post, they have to assume the post is covered, especially against teams with good pass rushers. This isn't college where guys can hitch a million times until they find a WR open by 10 yards, they have to get the ball out within the timing of the play.

27 minutes ago, Norm said:

Stop posting it's all deaf ears brah. They can go be Denver fans and cry when he does this again to keep his comp % up

The thing is, Rodgers will be great no matter where he goes.  If Rodgers went to Denver and ran this same offense with Hackett, he'd put up numbers even crazier than what he's done the past couple years in GB.  Without being pre-disposed to locking in on Adams, he'd be far more likely to make use of the complete offense.

15 minutes ago, StatKing said:

I can't take people who say blanketed statements like " Rodgers just stares down Adams" very seriously. It's such a simplistic analysis its almost comical. Like they have any clue what his first read is or how the design of the play is coached by Lafleur and Hackett. QBs cannot account for blown coverages pre-snap. If a safety is lined up over the top in cover 2 playing the post, they have to assume the post is covered, especially against teams with good pass rushers. This isn't college where guys can hitch a million times until they find a WR open by 10 yards, they have to get the ball out within the timing of the play.

I hate to break this to you, but recognizing the correct progressions when reviewing game film isn't exactly brain surgery.  Doing it well in real time as a QB on the field is crazy hard.  That is why they make a lot of money.  Doing it on the couch when reviewing game film after the fact... not so hard.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

I hate to break this to you, but recognizing the correct progressions when reviewing game film isn't exactly brain surgery.  Doing it well in real time as a QB on the field is crazy hard.  That is why they make a lot of money.  Doing it on the couch when reviewing game film after the fact... not so hard.

Hate to break it to you but not all progressions are linear. It actually is hard to tell how its specifically coached within the structure of the offense. Nobody can be 100% sure how a QB was coached to read the defense based on presnap leverage.

1 hour ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

So .... What's the average rank of all that?

So, in counting those up, 15/21 had a ranking of 16 or higher.  And there are quite a few top 10 units in there, so I stand by my statement.

"I stand by my statement by including the average teams in my count" is hell of a take.

11/21 of the teams were middle of the pack or worse. 

9/21 were top 10.

5/21 were top 5.

1 hour ago, StatKing said:

It's not a premium position to you. The rest of the league disagrees. WR was tied for the most picked position in the first round the last 2 drafts. The 3rd highest paid position in the sport is WR, barely behind edge rusher by less than a million. Even if you don't think its our highest positional need, from a financial standpoint we are going to need atleast 2 in this upcoming draft so we have some degree of stability. I do agree we need a third edge rusher.

Because 3+ receivers play ever play.

The average NFL WR gets paid 3.6 million. That's behind, QB, LT, RT, C, IDL, EDGE, ILB, FS, and SS. #1 WR is only a highly paid position on a handful of teams. 

The average team spent 19.5 million at WR this year. DL it was 33. LB was 23.2. DB it was 25.1.

You can get competent WRs in the mid rounds. You can't get IDL or Edge Rushers.

• Like 6

You don't have to have an elite special teams unit. They just can't be comically bad, which the Packers unit most definitely was.

Right, but "not comically bad" is a far cry from demanding the #1 ST unit and the next coming of Desmond Howard in a league that is doing its best to eliminate all forms of ST returns.

We literally just lost one because of it. Even if you want to assign 90% of the blame to the offense, the only TD the Niners scored was on.... Special teams. Not to mention they gave up a huge return that set them up for another 3 points. Regardless of what your offense and defense do you aren't going to win many games when your ST unit gives up 10 points. 

Thats not even mentioning the Bengals game where it almost cost us a win missing 4 field goals or the Bears game where they scored 27 before half because the Bears ran a punt back and had plus field position on the other 3 drives due to returns. While it may seem insignificant special teams is quite literally the third phase of the game, just because they don't touch the ball as much as the offense or defense doesn't mean they aren't equally as important.

If you honestly think ST is as important as offense or defense, you're unfathomably stupid. 

Losing 1 game in 18 because of ST is troubling. There's no doubt the ST needs to be fixed. But fixing the ST doesn't require massive organizational development changes. 

Get a good ST coach willing to work with our roster development. Get an average kicker. Keep your average punter. Keep your average LS so you're not going through transitionary pains. This isn't hard. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mazrimiv said:

WR/TE talent is pretty far down the list of reasons GB lost to SF (other than the Lewis fumble).  The film shows pretty clearly that Rodgers had guys to thrown to on many of the plays where he was force the ball to Adams and Jones.  The receivers not named Adams can't produce if Rodgers isn't going to throw them the ball when they are open.

I think the OL did adequately all things considering. But I wonder how much of Rodgers inability to pull the trigger was a result of Bakh not going.

Like, he could have has IDENTICAL protection in reality, but the thought (in his head) of having Bakh instead of Dennis Kelly might have done wonders for his confidence.

OL continuity might affect Rodgers more mentally that we know. 

Which sucks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Because 3+ receivers play ever play.

The average NFL WR gets paid 3.6 million. That's behind, QB, LT, RT, C, IDL, EDGE, ILB, FS, and SS. #1 WR is only a highly paid position on a handful of teams. 

The average team spent 19.5 million at WR this year. DL it was 33. LB was 23.2. DB it was 25.1.

You can get competent WRs in the mid rounds. You can't get IDL or Edge Rushers.

Context matters. The average NFL team doesn't go into the offseason with 1 WR under contract, that is the situation we are in. Something you are conveniently ignoring because it doesn't fit your narrative.

The Packers draft strategy is not the end all be all. Just because we haven't drafted a WR in the first round in nearly 20 years doesn't mean we never should. Thinking like this is why we only have 2 rings in the last 30 years. You spend premium picks to get premium players. If Davante leaves we need a premium WR, especially in this day and age where every team that is contending has loaded up on weapons.

Edited by StatKing