Fire Maurice Drayton And Give MLF, Gute and Murphy The Ultimatum

LLcheesehead12

38 minutes ago, Chili said:

team-america-team-america-world-police.g

WTF is wrong with you. He's one of the worst ST coaches out there. 😐

You do realise that Mennenga learned his ST coaching at NFL level under Tabor right?

Why would you want that?

A. Why do you know this lol

B. Is he being bad based on anything other than that fact? 

31 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

Kelly was embarrassed on Saturday as well.   Bosa had 2 sacks on Saturday.   Nijman played SF earlier in the season, and Bosa did not have a sack.  Nijman did have a facemask penalty.  I guess only a young QB gets better with playing time.   Nijman improved significantly from his early season starts to how he was playing late.

It is a stretch to claim that Kelly played better than Nijman, then, or could have now.

Like I said earlier, if this was the lineup they wanted it should have been used in the regular season.   Kelly isn't good enough to be out there in that game.

It's really not. Both Nijman and Kelly are role player depth guys that were hidden by the play calling.

Bosa had roughly a billion pressures against Nijman. Had Rodgers been holding the ball in that game like he was in the playoffs the results would have been similar.

16 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

It's really not. Both Nijman and Kelly are role player depth guys that were hidden by the play calling.

Bosa had roughly a billion pressures against Nijman. Had Rodgers been holding the ball in that game like he was in the playoffs the results would have been similar.

Maybe it would have been infinitely better if Rodgers had the Nijman clock in his head instead of the Turner clock

42 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

He still has zero anchor and was going to badly outmatched by Bosa. One of the Tackles was going to get shredded. We chose the RT.

We scored 30 points in the game with Nijman at LT.   10 points with the OL as configured on Saturday.  

Obviously neither of us can know for sure what the results would have been.  How you can support the decision to change around the OL going into a playoff game when you didn't do it with multiple opportunities during the regular season makes little sense to me. 

I've also been on this forum long enough to know you wouldn't come off one of your points no matter what is pointed out.  i guess we can agree to disagree as well.   

It is all on Rodgers.  Every bit of it.  He failed blocking FG's.  He failed blocking punts.   He called the wrong protections.  He audibled out of all the great plays MLF had planned.  He browbeat the coach and told him to go away.   Couple all of these along with his tunnel vision to only throw to DA and he single handedly blew the game.     Am I doing it right now?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hitnhope said:

It is all on Rodgers.  Every bit of it.  He failed blocking FG's.  He failed blocking punts.   He called the wrong protections.  He audibled out of all the great plays MLF had planned.  He browbeat the coach and told him to go away.   Couple all of these along with his tunnel vision to only throw to DA and he single handedly blew the game.     Am I doing it right now?

Yes, blowing up the positions of your adversaries to ridiculous levels is definitely internetting right. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

We scored 30 points in the game with Nijman at LT.   10 points with the OL as configured on Saturday.  

Obviously neither of us can know for sure what the results would have been.  How you can support the decision to change around the OL going into a playoff game when you didn't do it with multiple opportunities during the regular season makes little sense to me. 

I've also been on this forum long enough to know you wouldn't come off one of your points no matter what is pointed out.  i guess we can agree to disagree as well.   

What did you want it to look like? Nijman-Runyan-Myer-Patrick-Turner?

And when Nijman got shredded by Bosa, we would be having this exact same conversation about why we didn't have our best guy at LT. 

If you feel like that proposed lineup is the best we could have done, okay. I don't agree, but I can see it. 

Just don't act like there's no argument for doing it the way we did. The performance of Stenavich has been beyond reproach this year and he deserves the benefit of the doubt on 50/50 calls. 

As far as the rest of it, not even worth the time. 

• Like 1

The blocking sucked against SF on offense and special teams... so too did Aaron's decision making. Matt made some questionable play calls that didn't help. This was Green Bay's game for the taking. San Francisco fought hard and hung in on a game they were being bullied and dominated in. Green Bay gifted this game away more that San Fran beat them. 

Three sad sack stats:

1. 49ers: 4th team since 2000 to win in playoffs w/out scoring an offensive TD

2. Aaron Rodgers was previously 41-0 when his defense gave up 14 or less

3. Packers go down as the team w/ the most regular-season wins in a 3-year span (39) w/out a Super Bowl appearance.

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

What did you want it to look like? Nijman-Runyan-Myer-Patrick-Turner?

Alex, I have no dog in this race.  But in the time leading up, I had kinda thought that Bakhti-Runyan-Myers-Newman-Turner might perhaps be best.  I know Patrick is the grizzled tough effort guy and the coaches love him, and he made a nice block in Detroit.  And I know that Newman has made some mistakes at times.  But my thinking was that sometimes talent and athleticism and quicker feet is more important than ever against more athletic playoff pressure?  Obviously MLF and Stenovich opted for grizzled veteran experience over quicker younger athletes.  

• But yeah, I might have considered going with the original starters at the spots other than LT.  
  • Obviously without Bakhti, then I'd have assumed Nijman-Runyan-Myers-Newman-Turner.  Again, going with the more athletic Nijman over the slower but more experienced Kelly.
  • It is total vacuous speculation to imagine they'd have faired any better, they might have gotten skunked even worse.  But yeah, that's what I'd have thought was best (I who know nothing.). 
  • But it's kind of my hypothesis that when the Packers have gotten dominated over recent years, it's usually in games when the o-line gets totally dominated, as was largely true Saturday.  
  • A common view, and evidently the view adopted by MLF and Steno, was that when facing strong pressure, that's when you most want to go with the grizzled veterans.  But I think a counter-view is that when facing a really athletic front, sometimes you might be better off opting towards more athletic guys?  
  • It's certainly possible that they'd have stunted and whipped NIjman and Newman even worse; and that they'd have then gone into panic mode; and that things would have gotten way worse.  
  • But yeah, I wish we could do it over again and see how it might have gone with the quicker younger athletes instead of the slower veteran feet.
Edited by craig