TOM BRADY IS BACK

bucsfan333

6 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

tenor.gif

He is retiring. The NFL official account is making tribute videos.

We'll see how this continues now. Personally I think the Bucs should not trade the farm for an expensive QB like Wilson on the salary cap. Pushing the reset button and look for one of those top QBs in 2023 makes the most sense to me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

He is retiring. The NFL official account is making tribute videos.

We'll see how this continues now. Personally I think the Bucs should not trade the farm for an expensive QB like Wilson on the salary cap. Pushing the reset button and look for one of those top QBs in 2023 makes the most sense to me.

I think it is full speed ahead.  I'm confident it will not be Wilson.  QB whisperer has never had a short QB.  I doubt he starts now.

2 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

who do you think it is?

I really have no clue.  I do think they take a run at ARod.  I'm well aware of the cap and I am no cap expert. He would have to sign an ext, I get it.  The bigger issue is would the Packers trade him within the conference?   That s the bigger obstacle, IMO.  I think a training camp battle between Gabbert and Trask is like Door #4.  At BA's age, time for reload.

1 minute ago, ravishingone said:

I really have no clue.  I do think they take a run at ARod.  I'm well aware of the cap and I am no cap expert. He would have to sign an ext, I get it.  The bigger issue is would the Packers trade him within the conference?   That s the bigger obstacle, IMO.  I think a training camp battle between Gabbert and Trask is like Door #4.  At BA's age, time for reload.

We'll see. I wish the Bucs luck with that but I don't know if it's feasible honestly. I think what the Bucs will do is eat 2022, look to extend their big time free agents and go from there. 

Considering you will have a Brady dead cap and then what 40 million cap for Rodgers (if you get him), I can't see it happening. I think the reality is that the Bucs will have a cheaper 1 year option like Winston/Mariota or even hope Trask is good. Gabbert seems like a no win, no ceiling type option.

2 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Pro Football Network sources report that there is a "major exodus expected" from Tampa Bay following Tom Brady's retirement.

Suh and Gronk are the first names that come to mind. Whitehead, Fournette and Jensen possibly. I think they keep Davis and Godwin.

1 minute ago, SBLIII said:

We'll see. I wish the Bucs luck with that but I don't know if it's feasible honestly. I think what the Bucs will do is eat 2022, look to extend their big time free agents and go from there. 

Considering you will have a Brady dead cap and then what 40 million cap for Rodgers (if you get him), I can't see it happening. I think the reality is that the Bucs will have a cheaper 1 year option like Winston/Mariota or even hope Trask is good. Gabbert seems like a no win, no ceiling type option.

Agreed, look I think Davis and Godwin are still definitely back.  May be they now lose Gronk, Suh  Jensen and Cappa.  However, hope Hainsey and Leverett are ready.  A Qb with a little more mobility would help out.  Prioritize Whitehead to keep the young core of defense together?