TOM BRADY IS BACK

bucsfan333

6 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Looks like there should be answer by February 4th.  Reviewing Brady's contract, 15 of his 20 million signing bonus from last season gets deferred to that date.  Brace foe impact.

That was a big talking point yesterday; that Brady does plan on retiring but not yet. He doesn't wanna take away from the playoffs and because he's about to get a huge check next month.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

That was a big talking point yesterday; that Brady does plan on retiring but not yet. He doesn't wanna take away from the playoffs and because he's about to get a huge check next month.

Well there are ways to pay him $15 million outside of the cap I would imagine.  

I've had a chance to think about life after Brady and I agree with @bucsfan333.  It will be Trask/Gabbert training camp battle.  For the love of God, I hope Trask wins. I don't believe Gabbert has any pocket awareness.  Trask TBD.  Save on the cap, my FA re sign list post Brady - Godwin, Davis, Whitehead, Gholston- critical re sign.  Would really like back- Jensen, Lenny, Bernard, Wells, and Suh.  No shot- Cappa, Gronk, Howard, McLendon. Rojo.  Meh- Minter, Stinnie

3 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I've had a chance to think about life after Brady and I agree with @bucsfan333.  It will be Trask/Gabbert training camp battle.  For the love of God, I hope Trask wins. I don't believe Gabbert has any pocket awareness.  Trask TBD.  Save on the cap, my FA re sign list post Brady - Godwin, Davis, Whitehead, Gholston- critical re sign.  Would really like back- Jensen, Lenny, Bernard, Wells, and Suh.  No shot- Cappa, Gronk, Howard, McLendon. Rojo.  Meh- Minter, Stinnie

Sounds like we might pursue Teddy B. I can't imagine he'd demand much more than like $10M. I also can't imagine offering him more than one year, if we do sign him.

I dunno what that'd do in regard to re-signing Gabbert.

If it was up to me, I'd offer Gabbert whatever we paid him this year to "compete" with Trask. Then give Trask 17 games to prove we don't need to draft a QB next year.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Sounds like we might pursue Teddy B. I can't imagine he'd demand much more than like $10M. I also can't imagine offering him more than one year, if we do sign him.

I dunno what that'd do in regard to re-signing Gabbert.

If it was up to me, I'd offer Gabbert whatever we paid him this year to "compete" with Trask. Then give Trask 17 games to prove we don't need to draft a QB next year.

I agree Gabbert knows the system.  Be the vet back up presence.  I think signing Teddy over Gabbert would be a waste of money under the circumstances.  Give Trask the best environment to succeed.  It will be a long shot.  However, Teddy is now 2 yrs older and gotten beaten up the last 2 seasons.  I m not sure he is anything more then Gabbert is now.  A vet back up who can play very short-term.

• Like 1