TOM BRADY IS BACK

bucsfan333

19 hours ago, indifference said:

. From the research I’ve done, I think he is innocent. I read somewhere 19/22 claims have been total fabrications so far. These are all civil cases which points to $$$ grab. Had these charges been criminally pursuit I would be a lot more worried

I think there was something there, but the extent of what happened/was offered by either Watson or the victims/accusers  we will never truly know. However, like you said, I saw 19/22 claims brought against him were willing to settle for monetary compensation ,which tells me there probably wasn't a lot of evidence in those. The 3 claims that weren't (including the original plaintiff) were not willing to settle though and that was primarily the reason he wasn't traded to Miami at the deadline. 

If this gets resolved, which it should before the league new year, I think he could be a viable target.  

• Like 1

The Indianapolis Star's Nate Atkins said the Colts would likely have to restructure Carson Wentz's contract if they trade him this offseason. 

Without a restructure, a team acquiring Wentz would have to absorb a gut-wrenching $28 million cap hit for 2022 -- quite the chunk of change for a quarterback who might not be starting-caliber. The Colts, in other words, will have to eat at least some of Wentz's bloated contract if they want to part ways.

• Like 1

On 2/14/2022 at 8:31 AM, kgarrett12486 said:

I think there was something there, but the extent of what happened/was offered by either Watson or the victims/accusers  we will never truly know. However, like you said, I saw 19/22 claims brought against him were willing to settle for monetary compensation ,which tells me there probably wasn't a lot of evidence in those. The 3 claims that weren't (including the original plaintiff) were not willing to settle though and that was primarily the reason he wasn't traded to Miami at the deadline. 

If this gets resolved, which it should before the league new year, I think he could be a viable target.  

22 women. That's enough of a trail for me to come forward. Where are you getting a ton of evidence that he asked them to touch him and exposed himself against there will? Unless their are cameras it's very little. You have 22 women that have come forward. I have to ask - who the heck slides into DM's and asks several women to give him massages unless he had an angle? Athletes abuse their social status and it works for some. Others - like Watson in this case - I think he's toast. It was the Dolphins who were ready to trade for him had HE settled with all 22 of his accusers. Last i checked it was 10 who filed charges with authorities so he's got 10 criminal suits to beat. If I'm a jury, theres too much of a trail to find him innocent. Especially when there are text messages of victims who immediately sent to others asking what to do after said experience. 

I feel like some here only care about the game regardless of character. Jason Licht and the owners rightfully took Jon Gruden out of the ROH for his character and behavior. But they have a lot to answer keeping Warren Sapp in the ROH and signing guys like Antonio Brown and Jameis Winston. 

On 2/15/2022 at 9:15 AM, kgarrett12486 said:

Rumors swirling that SF wants Brady. if he came out of retirement, a trade possible involving Jimmy G?

I'm not buying it. Bucs still have him under contract and trading him to SF would be a huge cap hit - believe 32 MM  bc of the contract structure from last year. Brady is retiring. Folks are just hopeful he unretires but I can't see it. Bucs have 27MM in cap space and theres no way they pull off what they did last year in keeping everyone nor should they. 

I also do buy into the Arians and Brady beef rumors. I do believe Brady was frustrated with the game plans and Arians unwillingness to accomidate to what Brady ran in NE like he did at the end of last year where he met him half way and it resulted in a super bowl. 

Arians is stubborn and an average NFL coach who knows how to put together a good staff. He's got an outdated offensive scheme that needs to be tweaked. 

2 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Damn, throwing BA under the bus.  Busted up achilles, run him over, lol.  Don't know if story is true or not, but Leftwich not running to the JAX job puts the crediibility of this story in question.

Leftwich didn't run from the Jacksonville job. He didn't want to work for a lame duck GM Trent Baalke who had a history of souring relationships with HC's. As a first time Heach Coach if hired, i don't blame him as the GM plays a huge factor in their potential sucess. 

As for the relationship with Brady-BA-Leftwich : BA is a stubborn a-hole. He can be a better coach if he just surrenders his old outdated schemes. He literally went into divisional playoff with the same gameplan the Rams busted up on them in week 3. I like Byron leftwich and would really like to see what he can do without having to answer to BA who's past his prime. I wasn't a fan of them hiring him bc after what 2 years in arizona  - they figured them out quickly and they went back to average years of 7-8 win teams. 

• 2 weeks later...

ProFootballTalk's Mike Florio reported the Dolphins wanted to sign Tom Brady and Sean Payton for the 2022 season before former head coach Brian Flores filed a lawsuit against the team. 

The grand plan to bring in Payton as the team's new coach and Brady as a one-year rental was "scrapped" after Flores sued the Dolphins and other teams for teams for discriminatory hiring practices. Anonymous sources within the Dolphins organization told Florio the team reached out to the Saints about acquiring Payton, who was still signed as New Orleans' head coach. Meanwhile, the Dolphins wanted Brady as a replacement for Tua Tagovailoa, whose starting job is always in question. Florio reported "internal discussions occurred regarding the possibility of adding Brady as a minority owner, but that those considerations currently are on hold."

11 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

ProFootballTalk's Mike Florio reported the Dolphins wanted to sign Tom Brady and Sean Payton for the 2022 season before former head coach Brian Flores filed a lawsuit against the team. 

The grand plan to bring in Payton as the team's new coach and Brady as a one-year rental was "scrapped" after Flores sued the Dolphins and other teams for teams for discriminatory hiring practices. Anonymous sources within the Dolphins organization told Florio the team reached out to the Saints about acquiring Payton, who was still signed as New Orleans' head coach. Meanwhile, the Dolphins wanted Brady as a replacement for Tua Tagovailoa, whose starting job is always in question. Florio reported "internal discussions occurred regarding the possibility of adding Brady as a minority owner, but that those considerations currently are on hold."

This is juicy, I'll give it that.  The Bradys are supposedly building a house near Miami.