TOM BRADY IS BACK

bucsfan333

I really think it comes down to 2 moves for Brady to be satisfied.  I ll assume Jensen, Gronk, and Godwin are re signed and they lose Cappa.  3 potential replacements for Cappa- Leverett, Hainsey, and possibly re sign Stinnie.  Do they re sign Lenny or who is the replacement?  Answer at WR3.  

Looking back on the year, I do wonder if Brady was not happy about not going after OBJ.  AB just wasn t acting up before the Jets game.  May be he feels annoyed because he felt the organization was not doing everything to win a title.  Or he felt the organization should have just paid his incentives to keep him from imploding.  Looking back before the Rams game was there more worry about the OL or the lack of weapons to attack the defense?  Just speculation on my part.

Edited by ravishingone

26 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I don't think it really comes down to anything other than whether he and his family decide he should play another year.

I agree. I expect his decision publically available shortly after the SB.  I would be surprised if this turns into a GB and Favre situation.

Edited by ravishingone

*IF* Brady retires, it is good to reflect how the Bucs have been linked to big names QBs who came available.  First. Brett Favre leaving GB.  Bruce Allen thought the deal was done.  Dom was pushing hard to acquire Jay Cutler from DEN. Of course, Brady leaving the Pats.  So when BA mentions "Door 2" he isn't deciding between Gabbert and Trask.  Also, he has the full backing of the organization to think big.  No doubt in my mind Rodgers is option 1 behind "Door 2".  Will it happen if Brady retires?  No clue.  I'm confident Greenburg would find a way around the cap.  Example, might cost them not re signing Jensen besides Cappa not returning.  Instead of franchising Davis, let him test the maket then hope to re sign him long term to lower his cap hit initially.  Notice, I did not mention Godwin.  He's getting re signed long term in any scenerio.  

So with all this written, it is basically guaranteed now Brady is returning.  You can thank me later.  😀

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Might be the least reliable "insider." But this is the first declaration one way or the other we've seen reported.

I ve tried to find out the cap hit if retires.  I have only found Brady would have to give back 16 million in signing bonus.  Just curious how this all breaks down in dead money.