2022 draft talk

bucsfan333

35 minutes ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

Didn't say that entirely. But Pewter Report did state the bucs have shown plenty of interest in him. And I would rather take the BPA instead of reaching for an average joe. 

I would also like BPA

....but when bpa is going to be at best 4th on the depth chart it just feels a bit wasteful

7 hours ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

I think Trey Burkes is a realistic possibility at 27. I honestly don't see us addressing DT at 27 bc of value - there will be other players that are better overall that can contribute. Why reach for A DT at 27? This is why we should've looked at DL in FA - better value even if its for a stop gap role to play 1-2 years. Then take a flyer on someone in the 4th round if they're available. 

Jordan Davis is probably the only DT that carries a round 1 grade. Wyatt might go earlier based off of upside but he's still a 2nd round prospect on most teams boards. I think you'll see a bunch of Corners go in round 1 - probably 7. The Bills have a deep roster and can easily take a RB in round 1 where they were weak. 

At 27 - I read if Burkes is there - Tampa might take him as they like him and fits the offense similar to what Godwin does. Good hands, dominated SEC Corners, good route runner. I don't care about his 40 time. He plays fast. 

Two positions i hope they do not reach for is DT/DL and TE. 

He definitely plays faster than what his 40 time showed, but man that 5 RAS score is concerning. That's brutal for a WR.

Burks is a decent route runner, but he's inconsistent. Some routes he snaps off with ease, others he rounds off way too high. He's also not a very physical blocker on the edge for a guy his size.

Wouldn't hate the pick though. 

10 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I do think Licht drafts an ILB.  I would be surprised if it is before day 3.  Minter has not been re-signed.  David is in the last year of his deal and is 32.  Stuard is strictly STs.  

It's not unheard of for a team to draft a guy they haven't talked with pre-draft. But I don't know that we've really spent much time with many LBs this go round.

9 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

It's not unheard of for a team to draft a guy they haven't talked with pre-draft. But I don't know that we've really spent much time with many LBs this go round.

Yeah, that is the difficult part.  Lavonte will be 33 in January I believe, so this may be his last season.  I've thought about possibly Christian Harris as a surprise in the 2nd rd.  He could possibly be a pass rusher in nickel packages.  Again a long shot, but without Minter being re-signed I think Licht wants to draft one.

11 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

I think they're fine with Britt and Stuart to be honest. They'll probably bring some UDFA's for competition and maybe hold 5 ILB's if needed. 

13 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

I would also like BPA

....but when bpa is going to be at best 4th on the depth chart it just feels a bit wasteful

Is it though? Who says Godwin is going to be ready for the first half of the season? Who says Godwin is even going to be the same? He's been consistently injured the last 3 years. And I'm a huge Chris Godwin fan - PSU - WE ARE ! haha 

But in all reality - that BPA could also be an edge rusher or a Guard like Zion Johnson. I was a fan of the Bucs adding DL in FA bc this draft is once again - 🤢 at the position. 

Also something to consider is Evans is going into his 9th season and we don't really know much about Russell Gage. If Burkes is there at 27 - i wouldn't hate the Pick. 

Edited by RedandPewterReturns

Targets at 27: 

- CB Kyler Gordon : Dean and Davis are locked in as the starting corners next year with Bunting at Nickle. Both Dean and Bunting are impending free agents. Last year we saw all 3 starters go down in 3 weeks. He can fill in right away to compete with Bunting who struggled a lot last year when coming back from his injury and also was inconsistent in 2020. I think theres a strong chance he's there at 27. 

- CB Andrew Booth Jr : Booth is more of an outside corner who would have to transition to play inside. Taking a corner is clearly for needed depth and for 2023 bc we can lose one of both Bunting and Dean. My guess is Bunting would be the guy we let go unless he makes drastic improvements. Both is an athletic man cover corner who would fit Bowles defense. I think he's gone to either New England or Buffalo to be honest but theres a small chance he can be there at the end of 1st round. 

- OG Zion Johnson: I think his ceiling is LA Chargers is the highest he can go and its a strong possibility if Jordan Davis or an OT is gone there. Johnson would immediately step in and start at G and strengthen the OL with Mason and Jensen inside. 

- RB Breece Hall: I think this is a long shot the Bucs would take him here but he can go to Buffalo at 26 but probably last in the earlier portion of round 2. Hall's film is excellent and he's the full package at RB. He ran a faster 40 than expected so his speed is much better than what was originally scouted. I wouldn't hate this pick bc i'm not sold on Lenny holding down the RB1 work load. He always burned out in that roll in Jacksonville by midseason. 

- WR Treylon Burkes: Bucs heavily scouted him and Burkes really flashed against SEC corners all year with the ability to dominate ball games. 

- WR Jahan Dotson: He's one of my favorite receivers in the draft and his QB play was atrocious the last few years. Dotson has great hands, speed, and runs excellent routes. WR should not be ruled out - Evans is going into year 9 and Godwin has had a multitude of injuries over the last 3 seasons. 

14 minutes ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

Targets at 27: 

- CB Kyler Gordon : Dean and Davis are locked in as the starting corners next year with Bunting at Nickle. Both Dean and Bunting are impending free agents. Last year we saw all 3 starters go down in 3 weeks. He can fill in right away to compete with Bunting who struggled a lot last year when coming back from his injury and also was inconsistent in 2020. I think theres a strong chance he's there at 27. 

- CB Andrew Booth Jr : Booth is more of an outside corner who would have to transition to play inside. Taking a corner is clearly for needed depth and for 2023 bc we can lose one of both Bunting and Dean. My guess is Bunting would be the guy we let go unless he makes drastic improvements. Both is an athletic man cover corner who would fit Bowles defense. I think he's gone to either New England or Buffalo to be honest but theres a small chance he can be there at the end of 1st round. 

- OG Zion Johnson: I think his ceiling is LA Chargers is the highest he can go and its a strong possibility if Jordan Davis or an OT is gone there. Johnson would immediately step in and start at G and strengthen the OL with Mason and Jensen inside. 

- RB Breece Hall: I think this is a long shot the Bucs would take him here but he can go to Buffalo at 26 but probably last in the earlier portion of round 2. Hall's film is excellent and he's the full package at RB. He ran a faster 40 than expected so his speed is much better than what was originally scouted. I wouldn't hate this pick bc i'm not sold on Lenny holding down the RB1 work load. He always burned out in that roll in Jacksonville by midseason. 

- WR Treylon Burkes: Bucs heavily scouted him and Burkes really flashed against SEC corners all year with the ability to dominate ball games. 

- WR Jahan Dotson: He's one of my favorite receivers in the draft and his QB play was atrocious the last few years. Dotson has great hands, speed, and runs excellent routes. WR should not be ruled out - Evans is going into year 9 and Godwin has had a multitude of injuries over the last 3 seasons. 

Stop trolling me with this CB or WR in the first round talk

36 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

Stop trolling me with this CB or WR in the first round talk

So you'd be happy reaching for a 3rd/4th round graded DT prospect at 27? Reach for need  = busts. 

The bucs seriously passed on Paulson Adeebo last year for a QB who lost reps to PS QB ryan griffin. They have 2 starters hitting Free Agency and Bunting is a slouch. Gordon would be a fantastic addition who would probably take snaps away from Bunting by Q1 or earlier in the season. 

47 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I honestly will laugh if the Saints take their 2 firsts and move up for Pickett lol. I was laughing at them trading next years first to Philly to get another first this year - taking them out of the Bryce Young sweepstakes lol. 

I honestly think the only QB that Carolina is targeting in round 1 - is Willis. I think teams got him on the boards and love his upside physically bc his IQ and character is franchise QB worthy. I think the Lions take him at 2 if Hutchinson goes number 1. 

I think Willis is the only lock QB that goes round 1. Pickett i feel is a candidate to drop out of round 1 - i think teams are worried about his physical upside and taking advantage of playing another year due to covid. 

Desmond Ridder is a dark horse to go round 1. Some scouts have compared him to Dak with his maturity, throwing ability and athleticism. I think the Steelers would be the only team that takes him in round 1. 

I don't see the Falcons taking any QB in round 1 unless its Willis. I feel they take a Drake London. A sam Howell or Matt Corral in round 2 is more likely as i feel they'll load up at receiver. 

I wouldn't rule out Washington taking Pickett though. I feel they're a dark horse to get a QB in round 1 to sit behind Wentz. 

My QB projections: 

Detroit - Willis

Saints - Pickett 

Steelers - Ridder 

Seahawks - Corral 

Falcons - Howell

Panthers end up trading for Baker. 

1 hour ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

So you'd be happy reaching for a 3rd/4th round graded DT prospect at 27? Reach for need  = busts. 

The bucs seriously passed on Paulson Adeebo last year for a QB who lost reps to PS QB ryan griffin. They have 2 starters hitting Free Agency and Bunting is a slouch. Gordon would be a fantastic addition who would probably take snaps away from Bunting by Q1 or earlier in the season. 

Reach according to whom? The "BPA", which is subjective, has just as much a chance of busting as well. You don't take a WR just because he's the highest rated available on your board, just to do it. Let's not go through hindsight examples from the past. 

3 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

Reach according to whom? The "BPA", which is subjective, has just as much a chance of busting as well. You don't take a WR just because he's the highest rated available on your board, just to do it. Let's not go through hindsight examples from the past. 

So you're 100% certain Godwin will play a full season this year or even next? Considering he's been on IR the last 3 years with a multitude of injuries? Russell Gage is a lock to be a starter when he's been a fringe 3 the majority of his career? Corner, receiver, and DL/Edge are positions you can never have enough depth on. Plus our rookies aren't exactly going to be reliable to be a star in year 1. 

Last year's draft is a prime example taking a 3rd string QB in round 2 when you had pending free agents in 2022 at Corner, safety and interior OL. Paulson Adeebo was a perfect pick for us at 64 and we took a guy who was worse than Ryan Griffin last year. "But he would've been 4th on the depth chart" - actually he would've unseated Bunting and given us a stronger secondary with him, davis and Dean. 

Edited by RedandPewterReturns