Your favorite fast food place?

biggie.

On 4/11/2022 at 8:04 PM, Dome said:

I've heard the cheap beef they use for their beef n cheddar comes as a think chunky liquid in a bag, and it's boiled until it forms a loaf that can be sliced.

I mean, it's almost definitely some sort of reconstituted beef scrap product.  It is very suspiciously absent of the gristle that real roast beef is full of.  It also tastes completely different, and has that ~signature Arby's texture~.

But there's no way it comes as a liquid.  Though i'm sure there's probably some sort of liquid beef broth seasoning type solution involved in combining whatever scraps it's made from.

tbh, i kinda like that it doesn't have all the gristle of real roast beef.  It's almost like a different product though.  Do you want roast beef?  Or do you want Arby's beef?  They're different cravings really.

Edited by Tugboat

51 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

I mean, it's almost definitely some sort of reconstituted beef scrap product.  It is very suspiciously absent of the gristle that real roast beef is full of.  It also tastes completely different, and has that ~signature Arby's texture~.

But there's no way it comes as a liquid.  Though i'm sure there's probably some sort of liquid beef broth seasoning type solution involved in combining whatever scraps it's made from.

tbh, i kinda like that it doesn't have all the gristle of real roast beef.  It's almost like a different product though.  Do you want roast beef?  Or do you want Arby's beef?  They're different cravings really.

I don’t want arbys quickbeef and don’t eat it… but I would if it was real roast beef… their real beef they put on their brisket sandwhich was fine for a fast food sandwhich … they should make it all with that beef 

Edited by Dome

Haven't seen Hattie B's mentioned for chicken. Had it for the first time in Nashville 2 weeks ago. Perhaps I enjoyed it so much because it was at the end of the night haha.

Pizza: All about the Marco's, order the Deluxe Supreme and it is absolutely covered in toppings. Reheats extremely well in the oven.

Mexican: Pancheros - like Qdoba/Chipotle but they mix up the ingredients in your bowl/burrito. Game changer, plus the tortillas are fresh pressed.

Have to give a shout out to Leann Chin as well for some chinese food.

Burger: 5-Guys, although I agree with the crowd that you can find better at a sit-down place for similar pricing.

On 4/13/2022 at 6:12 PM, Dome said:

I don’t want arbys quickbeef and don’t eat it… but I would if it was real roast beef… their real beef they put on their brisket sandwhich was fine for a fast food sandwhich … they should make it all with that beef 

I dunno.  I tried that brisket sandwich when they had it here.  Didn't think it was that great.  I also remember it being quite a bit more expensive, to the point it was like..."why the heck am i spending this much at Arby's when i could go to a real food place and get something way better for the same sort of price?"  So as a business model, it would be pretty moronic.

The whole point of Arby's is that it's real cheap, which puts it in the same general bracket as the rest of the fast food giants like McDonald's/Wendy's/Subway/Quiznos et al.  It's for when you want cheap food fast, but don't feel like a Burger/Sub.  I think the weird beef product works just fine for that purpose.  Trying to reach upmarket with all of their sandwiches would be suicide...'cause those more "premium" sandwiches really just are not good enough to justify and sustain a franchise.  And i'm sure it'd cost them a lot off their bottom line too, compared to their normal beef product.

8 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

I dunno.  I tried that brisket sandwich when they had it here.  Didn't think it was that great. 

it wasn’t that great lol

I said “fine for fast food” lol not even “good fast food”

I also remember it being quite a bit more expensive, to the point it was like..."why the heck am i spending this much at Arby's when i could go to a real food place and get something way better for the same sort of price?"  So as a business model, it would be pretty moronic.

fmpov the cheap beef is inedible. any business model that involves it is moronic. Idc if they’re making money, they’re selling garbage water that gets hard when you heat it up. That’s moronic. Sandwich Morons. 

The whole point of Arby's is that it's real cheap, which puts it in the same general bracket as the rest of the fast food giants like McDonald's/Wendy's/Subway/Quiznos et al.  It's for when you want cheap food fast, but don't feel like a Burger/Sub.  I think the weird beef product works just fine for that purpose.  Trying to reach upmarket with all of their sandwiches would be suicide...'cause those more "premium" sandwiches really just are not good enough to justify and sustain a franchise.  And i'm sure it'd cost them a lot off their bottom line too, compared to their normal beef product.

Sir, this is a Wendy’s 

Edited by Dome

On 4/14/2022 at 6:35 PM, Dome said:

it wasn’t that great lol

I said “fine for fast food” lol not even “good fast food”

fmpov the cheap beef is inedible. any business model that involves it is moronic. Idc if they’re making money, they’re selling garbage water that gets hard when you heat it up. That’s moronic. Sandwich Morons. 

Sir, this is a Wendy’s 

Tbh, you seem bad at business.

Lots of people will eat the weird beef product.  Therefore it is profitable to house an establishment based around it.

I personally like the weird beef product, for what it is.  I don't really care that it's not a perfectly smoked brisket.  It's a sandwich for a buck.  Three of 'em will fill me up.  And it doesn't just sorta sit there like most Burger places, or Subway that just wreaks havoc on my internals.

2 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Tbh, you seem bad at business.

I’m not trying to run a business I’m saying what they should do to appease me 

Lots of people will eat the weird beef product.  Therefore it is profitable to house an establishment based around it.

lots of people shop at Walmart… doesn’t mean it doesn’t suck and they should all close down tbh 

I personally like the weird beef product, for what it is.  I don't really care that it's not a perfectly smoked brisket.  It's a sandwich for a buck.  Three of 'em will fill me up.  And it doesn't just sorta sit there like most Burger places, or Subway that just wreaks havoc on my internals.

Tbh, you sound bad at eating

On 4/20/2022 at 9:28 PM, Dome said:

I’m not trying to run a business I’m saying what they should do to appease me 

lots of people shop at Walmart… doesn’t mean it doesn’t suck and they should all close down tbh 

Tbh, you sound bad at eating

I get what you're saying.  I just don't think it really applies in this case.

Unlike Walmart which is predatory in pricing inferior goods to dominate the market, Arby's is really just using "waste meat" to produce something edible.  I feel like that's kind of the opposite end of the spectrum.

I just don't think that their "real meat" is nearly good enough to justify moving their whole business in that direction.  They'd have to seriously up their game on that meat to even stand a chance.  And at that point...what would they even be doing?  They'd be moving out of the "fast food" market altogether tbh.

13 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

I get what you're saying.  I just don't think it really applies in this case.

Unlike Walmart which is predatory in pricing inferior goods to dominate the market,

fair 

Arby's is really just using "waste meat" to produce something edible. 

I would like to add *allegedly* edible, like motor oil…

no issues with the first part of this statement though 

I feel like that's kind of the opposite end of the spectrum.

both sell garbage was the main comp 

I just don't think that their "real meat" is nearly good enough to justify moving their whole business in that direction.  They'd have to seriously up their game on that meat to even stand a chance.  And at that point...what would they even be doing?  They'd be moving out of the "fast food" market altogether tbh.

Sure, sure